DUVAL COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT Employee Reviews

VERY PRODUCTIVE AND FUN PLACE TO WORK
Senior Clerical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 17, 2015
VERY FAMILY ORIENTED WORKPLACE , YOUR CO WORKER MAKE YOU FEEL RIGHT AT HOME. MANAGEMENT ALWAYS WANT TO SEE YOU BETTER YOURSELF WEATHER IT'S CAREER OR SCHOOL. RECOMMEND THIS WORKPLACE TO ANYONE.
Pros
VERYGOOD MEDICAL BENEFITS
Very deversified Work Place
Accountant II Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2015
Working at Duval County Heatlh Department allowed to to gain the experience I needed in Medical Billing. Because of the its fast pace work conditions I was able to multi-task and learn to work very well on my own.
Pros
I didnt have to wear uniforms
Cons
Was not a permanent position
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
pharmacy techinican (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 16, 2015
Interacts with customers and resolves problems related to customer prescription inquiries.

Assist the pharmacist in processing, interpreting, and entering prescriptions.
Pros
I LOVE THE FIELD I WORK IN
Cons
PAY, STRESS, LESS STAFF
very fun laid back
Billing and Insurance claims (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 9, 2015
I loved my job being able to satisfy patients and insurance providers was the best part of my job. Working around helpful co workers made it enjoyable
Pros
working in a comfortable environment
Cons
No Cons
Rewarding
Nutrition Educator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2015
Each day I would council pregnant women or mothers with their children. I would review their dietary recall and offer suggesting when needed.
nice people
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  jacksonville,floridaFebruary 13, 2015
The people in the office were great. Always a smile on there face and an open heart. I learned so much from all of those who worked at the office
Pros
billing
I really enjoyed my job until new management took over.
Director of Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 21, 2015
This is a very disorganized, unpleasant place to work. The management style is to intimidate rather that collaborate. I really enjoyed my job until the new management took over.
workplace
Medical Assistant/Help Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2014
loved everything an everybody learned a lot from different it was great working there
Great Place to work
Senior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlAugust 6, 2014
Enjoyed working for the Duval County Health Department. The managers were very professional and easy to work with.
productive workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2014
On a typical day here I checked In with my supervisor and she would give me a handful of folders to document into the computer. I had my own office so it was ok to work alone. The work that I did was clerical duties such as filling papers, computer documentation and whatnot. My co-worker was awesome only because it was my god sister, we didn't play or get in trouble we knew what we had to do. the hardest part of this job was the computer work at first but down the line I got a hang of it and started it on my own.

Want to know more about DUVAL COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT?

Ask a question
* * * * *
Environmental Specialist III - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 1, 2014
I was very fortunate to have worked at the Duval County Health Department (DCHD) for 17 years. I now have a broad range of environmental knowledge, including facilities, onsite treatment and disposal, and water. I developed many programs during my tenure at DCHD and trained many, many people on compliance. A day at my job included assisting permit applicants; inspecting facilities for compliance, and using my extensive knowledge of MS Office to create invoices and permits. My programs were audited more than by once by Tallahassee administrators and were always found to be nearly perfectly in compliance. I made many lifelong friendships at DCHD, and now wish to use my knowledge, skills, and experience to further broaden my environmental, health, and safety career.
Pros
very good benefits
Helping People
Health Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2014
Helping those in need. That was the best part of the job. Going out into the community doing outreach, for those that could not get to the office.
Stressful work environment
Human Service Counselor I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2014
The employees are rude and the managers don't know how to do their jobs.
This company showed me how to deal with patients, and trained me to talk to insurance companines when I needed verification of patient eligibility. A
Externship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2013
This was a place where I was able to apply my skills from school, and obtain additional training from the Health Department. I aslo learned how to work with the insurance side of the company.
Pros
free lunch from vendors
Cons
allowed me do my externship with additional knowledge
Fun and Loving
Student/ Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2013
Really wish I was a part of that team. The love in the environment was awesome.
Productive, fun and exciting
Accountant 1 (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 4, 2013
There is never a dull moment at my job. I've learned so many new skills personally, and professionally. I work with some amazing men and women. This job teaches and shows you how to build great communication skills.
Great staff, hard working.
FISCAL ASSISTANT II - externship/temporary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 16, 2013
It may be in a rough part of town, but the staff is pleasant and very informative. Will help you when you're in a bind.
Can be a fun place to work depending on your area
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 19, 2013
Not bad to work at but the pay is not that great and no room for advancement. People tend to stay in their positions a long time there and dont move.
Pros
state benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
unbalanced
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 11, 2012
days are very long noone to help guide you when you are a new employee to make sure you are getting the information correct
Pros
great managers
Cons
no direction or education on new postions
working at dchd
family support worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2012
I worked monday-friday 8 am-5 pm. I taught breastfeeding classes to pregnant women. I made follow up calls to my clients. I inputed the clients i served throughout the day and week into the computer.
Pros
an hour lunch break
Cons
n/a