DUVAL COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT Employee Reviews

To interact with my clients in person
Senior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day at work was hardworking
I learned management skills
Management was very organized
The workplace culture was very friendly
The hardest part of the job
internship
Dental Biller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2017
At the time I found it to be a little unorganized. I enjoyed my brief time there. I was welcomed and treated fairly. I learned how to decipher various insurance bills and how to work with various dental insurance companies.
Very productive and fun place to work
Senior Clerical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 17, 2015
Very family oriented workplace , your co worker make you feel right at home. Management always want to see you better yourself weather it's career or school. Recommend this workplace to anyone.
Pros
VERYGOOD MEDICAL BENEFITS
Kids 'n Care
Senior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 22, 2016
it was great working intake for the only Foster Care clinic in Florida. we did a lot of amazing things for children who were less fortunate. it was an experience i'll never forget. sad to see the program ended.
* * * * *
Environmental Specialist III - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 1, 2014
I was very fortunate to have worked at the Duval County Health Department (DCHD) for 17 years. I now have a broad range of environmental knowledge, including facilities, onsite treatment and disposal, and water. I developed many programs during my tenure at DCHD and trained many, many people on compliance. A day at my job included assisting permit applicants; inspecting facilities for compliance, and using my extensive knowledge of MS Office to create invoices and permits. My programs were audited more than by once by Tallahassee administrators and were always found to be nearly perfectly in compliance. I made many lifelong friendships at DCHD, and now wish to use my knowledge, skills, and experience to further broaden my environmental, health, and safety career.
Pros
Very good benefits
Loved it
NCMA Externship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2016
I really enjoyed working at the women's and children's center. I learned so much from the doctors and nurses. It was clean and they showed so much compassion to the families.
Pros
Great staff
job security
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2016
very good place to work being that you actually do learn a lot, but job security is not so good due to the fact that whenever money runs low the possibility of you getting laid off is high.
Can be a fun place to work depending on your area
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 19, 2013
Not bad to work at but the pay is not that great and no room for advancement. People tend to stay in their positions a long time there and dont move.
Pros
state benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
Amazing
OPS, Fiscal Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2016
Working at the Health Department was an experience that I will never forget. The services that were provide were amazing and the associates really did care.
Very deversified Work Place
Accountant II Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2015
Working at Duval County Heatlh Department allowed to to gain the experience I needed in Medical Billing. Because of the its fast pace work conditions I was able to multi-task and learn to work very well on my own.
Pros
I didnt have to wear uniforms
Cons
Was not a permanent position
I really enjoyed my job until new management took over.
Director of Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 21, 2015
This is a very disorganized, unpleasant place to work. The management style is to intimidate rather that collaborate. I really enjoyed my job until the new management took over.
very fun work place but all about the business.
Externship Site (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaJune 29, 2012
I am so fortunate to have done my externship here. It was a great experience for me. With the help of everyone there, especially Kettline Esperance. With her guidance and teaching I learned things I never thought I could. My only regret is that there won't be a position open when I finish my extern. I would love nothing better than to have a job in that same office that I trained in. The people there are a quite friendly bunch.
Pros
convienence, friendliness, teaching
Cons
no job openings at this time.
productive workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2014
On a typical day here I checked In with my supervisor and she would give me a handful of folders to document into the computer. I had my own office so it was ok to work alone. The work that I did was clerical duties such as filling papers, computer documentation and whatnot. My co-worker was awesome only because it was my god sister, we didn't play or get in trouble we knew what we had to do. the hardest part of this job was the computer work at first but down the line I got a hang of it and started it on my own.
Exciting job working with the public to ensure they had safe drinking water
Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 8, 2011
I enjoyed every aspect of this job, including doing field inspections, preparing reports, handling customer complaints and extensive computer work. I enjoyed the option of working out in the field and working in an office environment with other team members in my department.
Pros
making a difference by ensuring clean water, working in an office environment with a team
Cons
rarely working in 100 degree weather conditions
This company showed me how to deal with patients, and trained me to talk to insurance companines when I needed verification of patient eligibility. A
Externship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2013
This was a place where I was able to apply my skills from school, and obtain additional training from the Health Department. I aslo learned how to work with the insurance side of the company.
Pros
Free lunch from vendors
Cons
Allowed me do my externship with additional knowledge
Pharmacy technician
pharmacy techinican (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 16, 2015
Interacts with customers and resolves problems related to customer prescription inquiries.

Assist the pharmacist in processing, interpreting, and entering prescriptions.
Pros
I LOVE THE FIELD I WORK IN
Cons
PAY, STRESS, LESS STAFF
very fun laid back
Billing and Insurance claims (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 9, 2015
I loved my job being able to satisfy patients and insurance providers was the best part of my job. Working around helpful co workers made it enjoyable
Pros
working in a comfortable environment
Cons
No Cons
Health Department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2012
I worked in a department that was part of a new initiative they had at the time called Health Jacksonville. They had a lot of outreach programs for the community bringing health information to the more financially challenged neighborhoods of Jacksonville.
working at dchd
family support worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2012
I worked monday-friday 8 am-5 pm. I taught breastfeeding classes to pregnant women. I made follow up calls to my clients. I inputed the clients i served throughout the day and week into the computer.
Pros
an hour lunch break
Cons
n/a
Productive, fun and exciting
Accountant 1 (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 4, 2013
There is never a dull moment at my job. I've learned so many new skills personally, and professionally. I work with some amazing men and women. This job teaches and shows you how to build great communication skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DUVAL COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT. Our community is ready to answer.

DUVAL COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT Reviews by Location