DWM Facilities Maintenance Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Immature staff and leadership
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMarch 13, 2017
I worked at DWM for one year. I exceeded expectations yet when a new position opened I was iverlooked. The leadership offers free food and childish games and parties as incentives. Professionals are criticized for taking their job seriously. If you are looking for a high school atmosphere this is the place for you. If you want to be taken seriously and rewarded for hard work then it's not.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Immature work environment
Official response from DWM Facilities Maintenance
March 28, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. We are always working to develop more employee incentives to make DWM a place our employees want to be! We have developed several new programs using employee feedback including one on one out of office meetings with the COO, more flexible scheduling options, and new employee recognition programs. We think our Best Places to work awards and the overall decline of turnover year over year are a testament to our efforts. Expectations from DWM staff are consistent across the board. While there are different departments within DWM, each employee is held to the same standard. The same performance review procedure is used for each employee. In addition, we use standard metrics and KPIs to measure performance within departments. We believe these methods maintain a fair level of expectations for all employees.

Awesome Part Time Job
Operations Lead (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Awesome PT job, excellent employers. Great pay for what we do. The crew has been together for about 7 years now. My crew only works part time; however, full time jobs are available in different capacities. Awesome work environment. The owners are neck and neck one of the best I've ever worked for.
Compact but growing company.
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Team leads are very helpful (perhaps the most helpful people there). All of the leads are available to answer any of your questions and all are willing to jump in and help on any given day.

There is simply not enough time in the day to diagnose the problem before sending out a vendor. Although our client enjoys the troubleshooting, this means DWM is not making any money. Skip the diagnosis, send the vendor and ask for before/after pictures.

Accounting department often attaches invoices to the wrong work order, attach it 10 times or simply overlook the documents and not attach it at all. This takes time out of your own work day to locate it, attach it and send it to accounting's way.

HR is helpful and knows her field well.

Great place to learn how everything works around your house or general construction knowledge.
Pros
Free breakfast daily, monthly lunch & learn, support from team leads
Cons
Certain account managers will not let you know that you're doing a bad job until you get written up.
Official response from DWM Facilities Maintenance
March 28, 2017

Thank you for your response. We will use this feedback to streamline our processes where they may be lacking. If you feel that your performance is not being evaluated fairly, we recommend that you bring this to the attention of our human resources personnel. Expectations from DWM staff are consistent across the board. While there are different departments within DWM, each employee is held to the same standard. The same performance review procedure is used for each employee. In addition, we use standard metrics and KPIs to measure performance within departments. We believe these methods maintain a fair level of expectations for all employees.

Always busy
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Latham NYJune 17, 2015
Always a busy place with a good team to work with. Great environment with a great team. Always learning with other people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DWM Facilities Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.

DWM Facilities Maintenance Reviews by Location