DXP Enterprises, Inc Employee Reviews

DXP is a good company to work for
Senior Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2017
I worked in outside sales. You have the ability to set your own schedule and create your own destiny. There isn't a lot of micromanagement. If you know the products well, and have a strong customer base, you can be successful.
Great Place to Work, Temporary Employment
Machinist and Set-Up Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
Great place to work unfortunately it was a temporary job. Environment was nice. Employees were friendly. I hope I can have an opportunity to work with them on a permanent basis if the opportunity arises.
No employee appreciation
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2017
This company is making millions of the hard work of its employees.. And they do not show how much apprecitate them. Pay is horrible. They have "functions" all which we (the employees have to pay for. No bonuses. No raises.
Pros
Experience
AR/AP Managers and Supervisors are horrid
AP (Former Employee) –  HoustonDecember 31, 2016
I'm a former employee of DXP I have never experienced such condisending, unprofessional, rude, belittling people ever! The AP department had just gotten a new AP Manager and I'm not sure who or why she was ever allowed to be anyone's manager, one that cannot control her home so would control employees to a point of total disrespect, no one should ever work under that kind of stress and the supervisor was just as bad. Hopefully at some point the owners will review these reviews and make much needed changes. The AP department has no organization, no training provided, just a melting pot of gossip, drama and blatant disrespect. No room for growth there and daily negativity. The managers and Supervisors should consider more training that is offered by their boss on how to manage.
Pros
Great location, Holiday Appreciation
Cons
Management! Negative Environment
Challanging work Place
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 30, 2016
Loved my co-workers we had great team in our Grand Junction Office. The hard part of the job is that you are expected to go above and beyond your duties but you do to get the proper compensation for it.
Growing rapidly
Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2015
The organization is growing at a rapid pace so it is a great starter job. Individuals right out of college can benefit from the hands on experience provided here.
Long hours, at times very dangerous on oil rig sites
Site Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXJune 9, 2015
Working in the oil fields, dangerous. Co-Workers are out for themselves, not always very honest. Long hours, at times extended. Training and explanation of policies varied from employee to employee, could be much better.
Pros
very good pay
Cons
Needs to be better training for all
This company is lacking in all aspects of investing in their employees.
Sales Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2015
My typical work day consists of trying to make learn my job as I go. I have yet to be trained on any of the software, and have learned through trial and error. Management here has a hands off approach, they barely interact with the employees and lack in overall leadership skills. The hardest part of the job is trying to get Standard Operating Procedures in place.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
Lack of training, Sox Compliance, and Leadership.
Inclined to micromanaging
Accounts Receivable/Collections (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2014
Inclined to micromanaging-doesn't pay well. In a nice location off 290 in new building.
Great place to gain experience
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2014
It is a small internal environment that allows you to have your hand in many different pots to gain experience. I have enjoyed the flexible hours and being able to make your own decisions when it comes to different projects.
Pros
Flexible schedule, non micromanagement
Cons
lack of growth and compensation
new people
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  HoustonJuly 17, 2013
I had an amazing time working here.. people were nice. I met new people became friends with everyone. easy money