DXP Employee Reviews

Great
H2S Field Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 21, 2016
Read more reviews it is not for everyone. Long hours, time away from home but good pay. I enjoy working here however it stinks working with someone that does not. You get that anywhere.
Terriable a/p manager & expense supervisor
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2016
The worse AP manager and Expense supervisor I ever came across.
They really need to be replaced they have caused DXP to loose a lot of reliable and hard working employees.
They're rule, very moody, verbally use nasty and bad languages and very low self esteem.
The funny part about it all HR does nothing about once it is reported.
I really would not recommend anyone to work there.
Cons
Terriable AP Manager & Expense Supervisor
Not the best place to work...but its a job
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX 79764August 23, 2016
Good coworkers, bad management. It felt like I was in high school, very weird place to work. I was a welder, and I asked for FR shirts and never received them same as with some PPE. The job was very easy, not challenging at all. Overall I do not recommend this job, DXP does not care about their employees, they're just money hungry.
Pros
There is always food in the break room
Cons
Bad insurance, no overtime, bad management, and rude supervisors
Work site @ galena park
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Galena Park, TXJune 11, 2016
My experience with dxp@ galena park....The site manager was a liar ....Talked bad to the other co worker who is a female....Then upper management was a joke...The manager who is in charge of the account with galena park is a coward and very shady....The other manager was ok and seem very geniune....I wouldnt advise none of my friends to work for this company....Very disappointed.....
Pros
NO PROS
Cons
NO CONS
Very laid back atmosphere
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXMarch 28, 2016
This company is good for gaining experience but that is about it. They say they are a growing company but are constantly making cutbacks. They also claim that there is room for growth but would much rather you just stay in whatever position you are in. The pay for hourly associates is minimal at best. Promised raises never seem to happen and to top it off, surprise lay offs. All in all this is a good place to learn but don't expect to make a career here.
Pros
Laid back easy going atmosphere
Cons
minimal money, surprise layoffs
Overworked and underpayed
Lead QC/QA Inspector/QC/QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2016
The company I worked for was bought by DXP and turned it's care towards it's employees, into cost for the numbers. Lot of turnaround and cutbacks. It was a take it or leave it atmosphere.
Busy and stressful work place but money was good.
Safety Tech. (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXDecember 17, 2015
Will drive out to different locations and work and different sites. Will meet new people everyday so you can always make new relationships. Hardest part of the job would be finding the location.
Pros
assign you company truck and gas card.
Cons
will take some time before you can get company truck and card.
fun work place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2015
I never had a typical a.I new everything there .the management I like work with me with every thing the co-workers was good to work with .the hardest part was there was not that much work
good hours, poor management, and not very friendly coworkers
labor (Former Employee) –  greeleyOctober 10, 2015
Not very friendly environment, was obligated to work my lunch breaks unpaid. Everyone expected the new guy to do all the tasks while they sat there and chatted.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no lunches if buay days, asked to perform tasks you dont have any experience with.
AR/CREDIT MGR & Supervisors are extremely unprofessional. .
C EE (Former Employee) –  HoustonOctober 4, 2015
AR/Crédit Manger and Supervisors are extremely unprofessional. Very condescending, belittling, moody and verbally threatened employees. They are the worst gossip starters and bullies. They do not know the meaning of the word TEAM.. and it all gets overlooked. Overall I was extremely disappointed in how DXP treats their employees.
Pros
Cons
BAD MANGERS & SUPERVISORS
Terrible management
safety supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXAugust 14, 2015
Worst company I've ever worked for. .bosses don't know anything about other oilfield operations except for pipeline maybe..equipment is often broken n if you don't report it you get blamed..company trucks are dirty or not maintened..big company acting like a mom n pop shop..also when work slows down they prefer that you quit so that they don't have to pay unemployment. .dont think corporate office knows whats going on out there..office is a whole clusterf*#k..would not recommend this place to anyone
Pros
no pros
Cons
NA
Average corporate environment.
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
Typical work day included building temperature readings, minor maintenance such as replacement or repair of bathroom fixtures and or lights. While working at DXP I learned basic electrical work and some A/C maintenance. Management was not always on the same page about projects and employee participation in company sponsored events. Many of co-workers were a joy to be around.
good places to work
Warehouse Lead Man (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2015
hard work but good pay great co-workers management works with the workers with any problems at work or outside.
the company looks at each worker and always ask if there is something that they as a company make the job better for them and customer.
Pros
good management
Cons
some time hours too long
Bad schedule and pay cutts
safety supervisor (Current Employee) –  carrizo springsFebruary 18, 2015
not a good company to work for
bad management
low pay
Housing provided is terrible
equipment and training is not very good
productive
Lead Man (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2014
there's all ways something to do there. and a lot to learn.
as for management its just like any-other place you have your good ones and your bad ones.
Cons
healthcare
POOR MGMT & Staff
2 different departments (Former Employee) –  Houston TxJuly 1, 2014
I don't appreciate being cursed at and then talked to about other employees behind their backs by Mgmt! Unprofessional mgmt & raises r horrible...if any or if u make them mad. They will talk nice to u one minute then fire u the next....even when u weren't the one at fault!
Pros
Cons
Not enough paper or space to write them on
Bizarre place to work for
Sales (Former Employee) –  NYMay 2, 2014
If you give someone a contract and then do not honor that contract, its probably not a good place to work. If you then tell them they are going to be demoted and then have them interview for the demotion, its not a good place to work. If you have them travel 4.5 hours one way for that interview and then tell them you've decided on giving you that demotion and they will lay you off instead...ITS NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK. Shady company, shady management, TERRIBLE pay, empty promises, no quarterly, biannual, or annual reviews. I'd suggest on finding another company to work for....
Pros
Gained outside sales experience
Cons
Too many to list...
Great placed to work at and good people to work for.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hobbs NMFebruary 23, 2014
I have learned a lot from my position in this company. This is a great company to work for. The oilfield is booming and this is great opportunity in employment.
Pros
Learning experiences
Cons
nothing
Accounts Payable Department Worst Place !!!!
accounts payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJanuary 27, 2014
DXP is a great company benefits or great, the A/P Department is the worst A/P department I have every worked for the pay is very low. The turn over is very high in that department and if you have any issue please do not go to HR for help you will not get it or your out the door. People leave this department just as fast as they come.Very very stressful this is once again a very stressful high turn over department and no one higher up sees this the turn over speaks for it self.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
A new type of slaverly .
Dxp bad
Worker (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXJanuary 17, 2014
Very bad management, make you work in places you dont have experience. Bad scheduling. Trailer dont have or expired plates. O verbal BAD.
Pros
Cons
Pay is ver y low compared to o there safety companys

2.8