DXP Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Upper Management is BAD!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TXSeptember 11, 2017
Upper Management is not good. They have meetings with sales people and then do not follow-up on their end of the plan. Local office was not helpful for outside sales team. Inside Sales people were lazy and did not complete quotes, which resulted in loosing business. Upper management did not seem to care about inside sales team, it became my problem when it came to loosing business.
My day
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJuly 2, 2017
I learned how to balance rotors and shafts. Always did my job. Never received a raise in the 5 years I worked there. Did not have a very good experience here.
Pros
Had a job to support my family
Cons
Everything else
Poor management, greedy ceo and vp
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CW rodMay 8, 2017
No incentive, NO raises, unorganized in every department, zero team work, always technical issues (phones, computers, printers etc...), poor commission for sales, alot of drama, be careful who you socialize with, best bet is to keep to yourself and your thoughts there are several brown nosers. 401k match sucks. VP of company has no business running anything, he is all about himself and not his employees, spoiled, young brat married to dxp owners daughter. That should sum it all up.
Weak Management Team from top to bottom
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 2, 2017
Middle management in my case was not in tune with the business climate nor was it astute to the pump business, so decisions were always sketchy, but he was a good person.
Pros
you can purchase health insurance
Cons
your manager will most likely not be as smart as you
Commerce City, CO location is wonderful!
Warehouse Associate/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Golden, CO/ Denver, CO/ Commerce City, COMarch 22, 2017
Working at DXP was not a bad experience. However, they have cut all promotions, pay raises, 401K matching. This does not show appreciation for their employees from a billion dollar a year company. Local management and employees are great people who voice and demonstrate their appreciation for their people.
Pros
Great local management and employees
Cons
No 401K, raises and promotions frozen
a great company to work for, with lots of apprendice
Rig welder, Pipe welder, Fitter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77041March 10, 2017
a great place to work, team work, learned many other different types of welding, the managers there were very understandable people as well as great teachers, the hardest part of the job was only when we needed to get some work out as soon as possible. The most enjoyable was when I was told to go and fix other parts at refineries.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
payroll took to many weeks to hand over checks
Warehouse Distribution (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2017
We disassembled cable boxes for Cox communications to see if there were in malfunctions and made corrections before reassembling the box. I enjoyed working with my team.
Long hours but great pay
H2S Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMNovember 15, 2016
This job is definitely a job I would recommend to anyone wanting to gain oil field experience. The hours may be long but, the pay definitely reflects the long and sometimes hard work you put in.
Great
H2S Field Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 21, 2016
Read more reviews it is not for everyone. Long hours, time away from home but good pay. I enjoy working here however it stinks working with someone that does not. You get that anywhere.
Terriable a/p manager & expense supervisor
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2016
The worse AP manager and Expense supervisor I ever came across.
They really need to be replaced they have caused DXP to loose a lot of reliable and hard working employees.
They're rule, very moody, verbally use nasty and bad languages and very low self esteem.
The funny part about it all HR does nothing about once it is reported.
I really would not recommend anyone to work there.
Cons
Terriable AP Manager & Expense Supervisor
Not the best place to work...but its a job
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX 79764August 23, 2016
Good coworkers, bad management. It felt like I was in high school, very weird place to work. I was a welder, and I asked for FR shirts and never received them same as with some PPE. The job was very easy, not challenging at all. Overall I do not recommend this job, DXP does not care about their employees, they're just money hungry.
Pros
There is always food in the break room
Cons
Bad insurance, no overtime, bad management, and rude supervisors
Work site @ galena park
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Galena Park, TXJune 11, 2016
My experience with dxp@ galena park....The site manager was a liar ....Talked bad to the other co worker who is a female....Then upper management was a joke...The manager who is in charge of the account with galena park is a coward and very shady....The other manager was ok and seem very geniune....I wouldnt advise none of my friends to work for this company....Very disappointed.....
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
Very laid back atmosphere
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXMarch 28, 2016
This company is good for gaining experience but that is about it. They say they are a growing company but are constantly making cutbacks. They also claim that there is room for growth but would much rather you just stay in whatever position you are in. The pay for hourly associates is minimal at best. Promised raises never seem to happen and to top it off, surprise lay offs. All in all this is a good place to learn but don't expect to make a career here.
Pros
Laid back easy going atmosphere
Cons
minimal money, surprise layoffs
Overworked and underpayed
Lead QC/QA Inspector/QC/QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2016
The company I worked for was bought by DXP and turned it's care towards it's employees, into cost for the numbers. Lot of turnaround and cutbacks. It was a take it or leave it atmosphere.
Busy and stressful work place but money was good.
Safety Tech. (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXDecember 17, 2015
Will drive out to different locations and work and different sites. Will meet new people everyday so you can always make new relationships. Hardest part of the job would be finding the location.
Pros
assign you company truck and gas card.
Cons
will take some time before you can get company truck and card.
fun work place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2015
I never had a typical a.I new everything there .the management I like work with me with every thing the co-workers was good to work with .the hardest part was there was not that much work
good hours, poor management, and not very friendly coworkers
labor (Former Employee) –  greeleyOctober 10, 2015
Not very friendly environment, was obligated to work my lunch breaks unpaid. Everyone expected the new guy to do all the tasks while they sat there and chatted.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no lunches if buay days, asked to perform tasks you dont have any experience with.
AR/CREDIT MGR & Supervisors are extremely unprofessional. .
C EE (Former Employee) –  HoustonOctober 4, 2015
AR/Crédit Manger and Supervisors are extremely unprofessional. Very condescending, belittling, moody and verbally threatened employees. They are the worst gossip starters and bullies. They do not know the meaning of the word TEAM.. and it all gets overlooked. Overall I was extremely disappointed in how DXP treats their employees.
Pros
Cons
Bad mangers & supervisors
Terrible management
safety supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXAugust 14, 2015
Worst company I've ever worked for. .bosses don't know anything about other oilfield operations except for pipeline maybe..equipment is often broken n if you don't report it you get blamed..company trucks are dirty or not maintened..big company acting like a mom n pop shop..also when work slows down they prefer that you quit so that they don't have to pay unemployment. .dont think corporate office knows whats going on out there..office is a whole clusterf*#k..would not recommend this place to anyone
Pros
no pros
Cons
Na
Average corporate environment.
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
Typical work day included building temperature readings, minor maintenance such as replacement or repair of bathroom fixtures and or lights. While working at DXP I learned basic electrical work and some A/C maintenance. Management was not always on the same page about projects and employee participation in company sponsored events. Many of co-workers were a joy to be around.