Dylan's Candy Bar

Dylan's Candy Bar United States Employee Reviews

Fun Environment with a great staff
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, tTxMarch 3, 2015
great place to work if you're in school and young. The staff was very easy to get along with and created an atmosphere that made the work day enjoyable.
Retail Job
Merchandising Supervisor/Event Coordinator (Former Employee), SupervisorJanuary 27, 2015
The job was very fulfilling because of the consumer and being able to plan events weekly. Management was very absent which lead to a poor working environment.
loved working with candy around young kids.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 19, 2014
Pros: got to eat candy
Cons: break room could of been bigger
everyone was great and we all got along fine. fun to be able to eat candy and deal with the fun little kids that came in... it was all types of candy that taste great.
fun and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 16, 2014
Cons: healthcare, benefits, raises
A typical day at Dylan's would be working at a fast pace with the biggest smile on your face. The children made you feel like a kid again and the looks on their faces were always priceless. My work ethic allowed me to move around the store.I started out in sales, moved on to merchandising/gifting, and then to cafe. Management was pretty cool, as they solved issues that would occur accordingly. We didn't have to wait months for issues to become resolved. They were also very understanding of time and attendance. My co-workers were fun to work with but there were so many of them. The hardest part of my job was leaving work every night. I never wanted to leave. I loved helping people shop for parties, helping the children pick out candy, and working in the cafe. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to please people and them walking out of the store with smiles on their faces.
Candy Sales
Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2014
Manager
• Greeted customers entering the store to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed.
• Described product to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise.
• Recommended, selected and helped locate and obtain out-of-stock product based on customer requests.
• Answered questions regarding store and products, while maintaining knowledge of current sales and store promotions.
• Maintained up-to-date knowledge of store policies regarding payments, returns and exchanges.
• Computed accurate sales prices for purchase transactions.
• Trained new employees by providing knowledge of specific store tasks and policies.
• Communicated with vendors regarding back order availability, future inventory and special orders.
• Generated sales and inventory reports in Excel with data from a variety of sources, maintaining a 100% accuracy rate.
• Managed wide variety of customer service and administrative tasks to resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently.
• Replenished supplies, bags and other materials at each cash wrap.
Work Life
Server (Former Employee), Westbury, NYOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free icecream
Cons: no raise available
I loved my co-workers, but not the company. I had no benefits and I caught a manager stealing thousands of dollars and was denied a raise in pay.
Exciting and colorful environment
Floor Supervisor/Key holder (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2014
Pros: store location was great, interaction with people of all ages, fun and happy environment
Cons: moral was starting to go downhill towards the end, lacked support at times from fellow employees in my location.
DCB is/was a fun filled place to work in we catered birthday parties a couple of times on the weekends and also catered events with the chocolate fountain, this was by far the most enjoyable part. Days went by fast since it was a relaxed, yet fast paced environment to work in. Fellow employees cooperated and kept the store fun and exciting for entering guest by handing out samples or luring them in in any way possible to make our numbers. It was definitely an experience I will never forget. Favorite place I ever worked in by far.
Great Starting Job
Receptionist/ Gifting (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: obtaining different varieties of skills from each department
Cons: same music everyday
Dylan's Candy Bar is a fun place to work. The atmosphere is upbeat and fun. The music also known as "Candy Tunes" keeps your energy going to create a positive attitude for our on coming customers. It's very fast paced but easy to fall into the groove of things. The co-worker relationship is very welcoming and friendly as well as open to new additions to our DCB family. The hardest part of the job is to be able to keep up with the many different projects that goes on within the store. The store is constantly changing to up sale all products within the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to create new displays or even putting a smile on customers face because let's face it who doesn't love candy!!!
Nepotism at its finest
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 2, 2014
Pros: the people you meet.
Cons: nepotism, lack of people skills
The magic upon walking through the doors was tangible. The smell of chocolate that floats through the air is intoxicating. But all this joy comes at a cost. The environment is run by children that have textbook knowledge of running a business but have very little understanding of how to interact with people. The best part about the job was the people you meet working along side of you. They are real down to earth people simply trying to make ends meet. Although, the hourly wages were dreadful for city living. The hardest part was making any headway in terms of promotions. If you weren't personally associated with management, you had no chance of moving up even though the draw was "amazing opportunities to move up". This is the type of job one would get if they had no other options. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone starting off in the job realm only because it would leave a sour taste in your mouth of the employment world. There are dozens of other places that are better working environments.
Great staff
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2014
DCB LA is a fun, easy-going place to work at! I especially love how management is willing to work with each individual and incorporate a shift that makes your life maintainable. MY coworkers are great, it's a candy store so there isn't much to be mad about. I learned that even the easiest job has its moments
Fun but very busy
Gifting Department Head / Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2014
Pros: working with candy!
Cons: retail hours are very inconsistent
Overall, Dylan's is a very fun and hip place to work. I was always proud to tell anyone I worked there. You dealt with a variety of customers from all parts of the world on a daily basis. It is an extremely fast-paced environment, and you must be at the top of your game at all times. You work hard from the moment you clock in to the moment you clock out.
Fast pace, and interactive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 25, 2014
Sales associate, restocking shelves, greeting customers
job duties
Facilities Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: management
Sweeping, moping and cleaning restrooms.
Refilling tissue and soap dispensers.
Emptying trash and replacing bags.
Wiping down and cleaning trash can covers.
Picking up all trash on lot.
Cleaning and refilling all squeegee buckets with fresh water daily.
Productive and Fun work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2014
loved working here
great experience
great co workers and management
loved working with the customers but management was horrible
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLNovember 23, 2013
the management were very disrespectful along with unfair with many things like promotions. customers were fun to work with , but the supervision was not an great example of professionalism
n/a
Lead Café Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 9, 2013
Cleaning, Stock, Customer Service. There was a lot of interaction with children and candy lovers from all over the USA. The job was pretty easy. We tasted all the different varieties of candy which made us all candy lovers. I worked in the cafe' as a brewista.
ok
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Retail job
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2013
Pros: candy testing, and new people
Cons: language barriers with certain customers
i was a sales associate which was to provide excellent customer, clean the sales floor and help customers check out and purchase their items. this was my first job after high school. i learned to up sell items. management was great and very friendly and still keep in contact with. my co-workers were peers around the same age as me and everyone was very diverse and friendly. the hardest part of the job was certain language barriers between out of the country tourists. the most enjoyable part of the job was being privileged to try new candy and meet new people.
High energy staff and supportive
Assistant Sales/Luxury Retail Manager (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 7, 2013
At Dylan's Candy Bar I work with an amazing sales team that bring high energy and delivers results in sales. Dylan's being my first job they taught me many thing about general retail and there brand that I grew exponentially with the company. Management is very supportive of safe and they give you opportunities to enhance the band and contribute ideas to the companies overall growth.
funnest place I've worked in
Logistic Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2013
Pros: there's proven career growth as the business keeps expanding
It was a joy coming in to work surrounded by young people and candy!!!

About Dylan's Candy Bar

Dylan's CandyBar is a Candyland of wonders for the well-heeled on Manhattan's Upper East Side and beyond. Founded in 2001 by Dylan – Read more

Dylan's Candy Bar Salaries