Dylan's Candy Bar Employee Reviews

Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Hampton, NYMarch 28, 2017
good place for a teen and easy to get a routine going friendly people and good management. easy to work what days you want to and good hours. cleaning after was only annoyance since it would go past designated hours.
okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2017
I loved the environment but once the managers think you not good they treat you mean. There is one manager that thinks of there workers as ghetto thats why i never want to go back there.
It was okay, in the summer it's better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2017
So typically we had to make sure to greet the customers and always have something to do. The employees are very friendly, I loved working with them. The hardest part of the job is remembering prices and asking people to sign up for loyalty when there's a long line. The most enjoyable part is working with the people there and meeting people from all around the world.
fun work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2017
great co workers, management was great. hardest part about this job was remembering all the different kind of candy. Getting to meet diffident kind of celebrities.
Great growth opportunity
Regional Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2016
Ability to grow rapidly within the company.

Strict guidelines.

Heavy attention to detail.

Communicate primarily via email.

Friendly work environment.
Pros
Growth opportunities; free lunch
Cons
poor staffing
Fun
Stock lead/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Dylan's and take all the experience I could. It was a comfortable and flexible place to work at and I managed to meet a lot of great people.
Pros
Schedule, Co-workers
Cons
Salary, Hours and Management
Fun Place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2016
Worked here during the Christmas season. It was enjoyable and didn't feel like work at all, let alone a retail job. My co workers were fun and the customers were as well, especially the youth. Management was understanding and fun but about business, but they didn't forget that we are people too
Pros
Lunches were provided, good discounts, fun environment
Cons
Couldn't sample the bar while employed
fun place to work
Sales Associate/Party planner/Cashier- Full time (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2016
job turn over rate is extremely high.the energy levels inside among co-workers is always positive and nothing short of amazing..fun place to work
great work enviorment
Waitress/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMay 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at this cafe. Unfortunately my time was cut short here because of the fact that the cafe section was being closed down due to slow business. Apart from this inevitable issue it was a great learning experience and there is not really any reason to complain about it. Management was very respectful and considerate.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
cafe was closed down and was left without employement
Fun place to work.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2016
Working here has been great. My co-workers are awesome, they enjoy helping the customers. Being apart of the stock team is a great thing.
Unorganized place, but still fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Union SquareApril 19, 2016
as an associate this place will take advantage of you, the pay is okey, but you will do things that are not your responsibility all the time. Its not that something happens and everyone helps, its that something is always happening and something is always wrong. If you want to learn, or just need a job, fun place, not a long time solution
Pros
50% discount
Cons
unorganized
Lots of fun. great customers and co-workers
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
i enjoy that i can satisfy the company's and customers needs. i very much enjoy the experience of working at Dylan's Candy Bar.
Fun environment, not always fun management.
Café Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2015
Things like moving up isn't easy at this company, and working in a cafe wouldn't be just one set of jobs because the job description is basically customer service. Working in the cafe, I maintained things I wasn't expecting to maintain, but I'd say it was a good experience
Great foot in the door
Assistant Event Coordinator / PR Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2015
Growing from intern to Events Assistant in a short amount of time is something that Dylan's Candy Bar can provide with such an aggressive growth plan. The team I built while I was there in addition to the team I was put into upon hiring were some extraordinary and talented people. While I learned so much so quickly, this also resulted in being slightly taken advantage of and not properly compensated. Despite that, I made some cherished relationships and learned everything I need to know to begin my career. Every day was a fresh start.
Pros
great people and team
Cons
over worked and underpaid
working in a fun colorful environment
Café Manager/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Third avenue, east hampton NYOctober 5, 2015
I started at Dylan's candy Bar as a sales associate and worked my way up to be an assistant manager. I worked about the retail side of the business and the food and hospitality. I have been responsible for more then one location and also was directed to help operate a full service food and cocktail menu. Overall i have learned many business and life lessons working for this company.
Great interaction with customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management and not all about the numbers, but the clients. The environment is extremely kid friendly and I like to work with children,
Pros
The atmosphere is wonderful
Cons
The hours tend to be long
Uncomfortable work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 4, 2015
Although the hours were good, rumors amongst employees and management resulted in uncomfortable work conditions. The join was not hard and most of my peers were easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job was its location. Being in the heart of downtown Chicago gave me access to the best parts of the city.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not a good work environment
New Experience
Parties Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2015
I had never worked in an industry like Dylan's, but I liked being able to meet new people, learn what it takes to run a small or large party, and work with other companies when the party called for it.
Pros
as a party associate, there are tips added to pay check
Cons
summer is a slow time for parties
descent place to work
Inventory/Stock (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2015
Dylan's candy bar is actually a fun place to work at, the staff is very diverse, as well as lively, the management is okay sometimes you love them sometimes you hate them but hey that happens with every job, right, theres no benefits working at this job, the only benefit you get is meeting different people, and meeting your favorite celebs, since working at Dylan's I met Carmelo Anthony, Angela basset, Kobe Bryant, Tia and Tamera mowry, and a bunch of other stars, the scheduling is a little rough and if I had to recommend a position it would be inventory
Fun Environment with a great staff
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, tTxMarch 3, 2015
great place to work if you're in school and young. The staff was very easy to get along with and created an atmosphere that made the work day enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dylan's Candy Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9