Dylan's Candy Bar Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2016
Working here has been great. My co-workers are awesome, they enjoy helping the customers. Being apart of the stock team is a great thing.
Unorganized place, but still fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Union SquareApril 19, 2016
as an associate this place will take advantage of you, the pay is okey, but you will do things that are not your responsibility all the time. Its not that something happens and everyone helps, its that something is always happening and something is always wrong. If you want to learn, or just need a job, fun place, not a long time solution
Pros
50% discount
Cons
unorganized
Lots of fun. great customers and co-workers
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
i enjoy that i can satisfy the company's and customers needs. i very much enjoy the experience of working at Dylan's Candy Bar.
Fun environment, not always fun management.
Café Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2015
Things like moving up isn't easy at this company, and working in a cafe wouldn't be just one set of jobs because the job description is basically customer service. Working in the cafe, I maintained things I wasn't expecting to maintain, but I'd say it was a good experience
Great foot in the door
Assistant Event Coordinator / PR Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2015
Growing from intern to Events Assistant in a short amount of time is something that Dylan's Candy Bar can provide with such an aggressive growth plan. The team I built while I was there in addition to the team I was put into upon hiring were some extraordinary and talented people. While I learned so much so quickly, this also resulted in being slightly taken advantage of and not properly compensated. Despite that, I made some cherished relationships and learned everything I need to know to begin my career. Every day was a fresh start.
Pros
great people and team
Cons
over worked and underpaid
working in a fun colorful environment
Café Manager/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Third avenue, east hampton NYOctober 5, 2015
I started at Dylan's candy Bar as a sales associate and worked my way up to be an assistant manager. I worked about the retail side of the business and the food and hospitality. I have been responsible for more then one location and also was directed to help operate a full service food and cocktail menu. Overall i have learned many business and life lessons working for this company.
Great interaction with customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management and not all about the numbers, but the clients. The environment is extremely kid friendly and I like to work with children,
Pros
The atmosphere is wonderful
Cons
The hours tend to be long
Uncomfortable work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 4, 2015
Although the hours were good, rumors amongst employees and management resulted in uncomfortable work conditions. The join was not hard and most of my peers were easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job was its location. Being in the heart of downtown Chicago gave me access to the best parts of the city.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not a good work environment
New Experience
Parties Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2015
I had never worked in an industry like Dylan's, but I liked being able to meet new people, learn what it takes to run a small or large party, and work with other companies when the party called for it.
Pros
as a party associate, there are tips added to pay check
Cons
summer is a slow time for parties
descent place to work
Inventory/Stock (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2015
Dylan's candy bar is actually a fun place to work at, the staff is very diverse, as well as lively, the management is okay sometimes you love them sometimes you hate them but hey that happens with every job, right, theres no benefits working at this job, the only benefit you get is meeting different people, and meeting your favorite celebs, since working at Dylan's I met Carmelo Anthony, Angela basset, Kobe Bryant, Tia and Tamera mowry, and a bunch of other stars, the scheduling is a little rough and if I had to recommend a position it would be inventory
Fun Environment with a great staff
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, tTxMarch 3, 2015
great place to work if you're in school and young. The staff was very easy to get along with and created an atmosphere that made the work day enjoyable.
Retail Job
Merchandising Supervisor/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SupervisorJanuary 27, 2015
The job was very fulfilling because of the consumer and being able to plan events weekly. Management was very absent which lead to a poor working environment.
loved working with candy around young kids.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 19, 2014
everyone was great and we all got along fine. fun to be able to eat candy and deal with the fun little kids that came in... it was all types of candy that taste great.
Pros
got to eat candy
Cons
break room could of been bigger
fun and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2014
A typical day at Dylan's would be working at a fast pace with the biggest smile on your face. The children made you feel like a kid again and the looks on their faces were always priceless. My work ethic allowed me to move around the store.I started out in sales, moved on to merchandising/gifting, and then to cafe. Management was pretty cool, as they solved issues that would occur accordingly. We didn't have to wait months for issues to become resolved. They were also very understanding of time and attendance. My co-workers were fun to work with but there were so many of them. The hardest part of my job was leaving work every night. I never wanted to leave. I loved helping people shop for parties, helping the children pick out candy, and working in the cafe. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to please people and them walking out of the store with smiles on their faces.
Cons
healthcare, benefits, raises
Candy Sales
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2014
Manager
• Greeted customers entering the store to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed.
• Described product to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise.
• Recommended, selected and helped locate and obtain out-of-stock product based on customer requests.
• Answered questions regarding store and products, while maintaining knowledge of current sales and store promotions.
• Maintained up-to-date knowledge of store policies regarding payments, returns and exchanges.
• Computed accurate sales prices for purchase transactions.
• Trained new employees by providing knowledge of specific store tasks and policies.
• Communicated with vendors regarding back order availability, future inventory and special orders.
• Generated sales and inventory reports in Excel with data from a variety of sources, maintaining a 100% accuracy rate.
• Managed wide variety of customer service and administrative tasks to resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently.
• Replenished supplies, bags and other materials at each cash wrap.
Work Life
Server (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYOctober 10, 2014
I loved my co-workers, but not the company. I had no benefits and I caught a manager stealing thousands of dollars and was denied a raise in pay.
Pros
free icecream
Cons
no raise available
Exciting and colorful environment
Floor Supervisor/Key holder (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2014
DCB is/was a fun filled place to work in we catered birthday parties a couple of times on the weekends and also catered events with the chocolate fountain, this was by far the most enjoyable part. Days went by fast since it was a relaxed, yet fast paced environment to work in. Fellow employees cooperated and kept the store fun and exciting for entering guest by handing out samples or luring them in in any way possible to make our numbers. It was definitely an experience I will never forget. Favorite place I ever worked in by far.
Pros
store location was great, interaction with people of all ages, fun and happy environment
Cons
moral was starting to go downhill towards the end, lacked support at times from fellow employees in my location.
Great Starting Job
Receptionist/ Gifting (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
Dylan's Candy Bar is a fun place to work. The atmosphere is upbeat and fun. The music also known as "Candy Tunes" keeps your energy going to create a positive attitude for our on coming customers. It's very fast paced but easy to fall into the groove of things. The co-worker relationship is very welcoming and friendly as well as open to new additions to our DCB family. The hardest part of the job is to be able to keep up with the many different projects that goes on within the store. The store is constantly changing to up sale all products within the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to create new displays or even putting a smile on customers face because let's face it who doesn't love candy!!!
Pros
obtaining different varieties of skills from each department
Cons
same music everyday
Nepotism at its finest
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2014
The magic upon walking through the doors was tangible. The smell of chocolate that floats through the air is intoxicating. But all this joy comes at a cost. The environment is run by children that have textbook knowledge of running a business but have very little understanding of how to interact with people. The best part about the job was the people you meet working along side of you. They are real down to earth people simply trying to make ends meet. Although, the hourly wages were dreadful for city living. The hardest part was making any headway in terms of promotions. If you weren't personally associated with management, you had no chance of moving up even though the draw was "amazing opportunities to move up". This is the type of job one would get if they had no other options. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone starting off in the job realm only because it would leave a sour taste in your mouth of the employment world. There are dozens of other places that are better working environments.
Pros
the people you meet.
Cons
nepotism, lack of people skills
Great staff
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2014
DCB LA is a fun, easy-going place to work at! I especially love how management is willing to work with each individual and incorporate a shift that makes your life maintainable. MY coworkers are great, it's a candy store so there isn't much to be mad about. I learned that even the easiest job has its moments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dylan's Candy Bar. Our community is ready to answer.