Dynamex Employee Reviews

Slow Paced and Stressful
Driver/Manager (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 18, 2017
The company would always try to hold drivers back even if they were on a tight schedule to make deliveries and then after they knew we were leaving late they pressured us once we were on the road to complete every single delivery on time. We use the companies application for the job and they constantly call me on my personal phone which i find kind of annoying i feel they should have to provide the work phones being that its there application we need to use!
Pros
Quantity of work
Cons
No breaks, long hours, unappreciative of drivers hard work
Laid back work place you manage your own route and you are your own boss.
INDEPENDENT COURIER (Former Employee) –  9160 Mckemy St #105, Tempe AzSeptember 7, 2017
Dynamex is a work place were you bid on your routes. Some drivers are paid per package you deliver. The most enjoyable about the job is that you choose what you deliver and negotiate a price for the run.
Pros
No problems from management
Cons
Driving takes a toll on your car.
Amazing leadership and coworkers
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 23, 2017
Working for Dynamex was very interesting. Some days were very good while others were difficult. Some of the biggest issues lied in the arrival of the delivery truck to our warehouse. The ability to create our own schedules and arrive to the warehouse within a certain time frame made the job extremely enjoyable.
Pros
Comfort of delivering packages in your personal vehicle.
Cons
Long days, no breaks
fairly relaxed job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 22, 2017
Dynamex was a great place to work, but the management was a little picky sometime they didn't have route for drivers and we were coming back home without any compensation
Cons
No security with the TForce division
Driver (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 8, 2017
Busted through the holiday rush, policy changes, management abominations only to have the rug pulled out from under us when someone decided not enough money was being made. One day had a "mandatory meeting" and a job, next day a kick in the stones. Thanks.
Pros
Good work
Cons
The WORST management
Loved the work very easy
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 6, 2017
Hardest part of the job was moving the heavy orders to there right locations, besides that it was easy work for done pretty quick, what I learned is not to lift with your back lift with your knees
Pros
Environement, music time, lunch
Cons
Got tough sometimes
Good independent job
Independent Contractor Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2017
Great job if you want to be a independent working. Spending alot of time on the road. Working at you're in pace. Peaceful if you love to drive alot.
Productive Work Place
Warehouse Lead/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 18, 2017
Working for Dynamex had it's' challenging moments. Majority of the workers/associates along with some of management seemed to want to about of something extraordinary.
Pros
friendly Working Environment
Awful.
Dispatcher (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 11, 2017
Easily the worst place i've ever worked. Office culture is terrible and the managers were crazy to say the least. Either crying loudly or drugged out.
Awful
Independently Contracted On Demand Courier (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNJuly 6, 2017
Management is awful and will ask you to do a lot for little. Turning over drivers is what they do best. You are an independent contractor that doesn't get to be independent. You can't set your own wage etc...
Pros
Cons
Treated like an employee when you pay all your expenses
fast enivorment
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
Fast past environment allot to deal with when handling all type of size packages and your own and handling escort food merchants to the proper floor. I learned great customer service skills from this job
Okay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2017
The job was easy and the pay was good but upper management was not the greatest. HR was non-existent..................................................
Great company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJune 27, 2017
Dynmex West Hollywood is one of the best job I every had.. come in get the work done and go home very organized Rochon is a great supervisor. Dynmex is always a company you can grow with.
n/a
Chainer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJune 23, 2017
i have nothing to say about this company other than the fact i'd never go back. there is alot of favoritism in that warehouse and it trickles down from the management department
Great place to work, great environment and people
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work would include answering the phones and dispatching drivers. Easy and laid back job, the managers are nice and great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was understanding most of the drivers but overall great place to work.
Depends on your route
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJune 5, 2017
This place it just depends on the contractor that has the route at the time. Luckily I had pretty good contractor that paid quite fair for the drive and the job that was being administered.
pay was unacceptable
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 1, 2017
I gained delivery driver experience however my route and pay wasn't what I hoped for. .75 cents per package which at the end of the day only added up to 70 dollars for a 9 hour day was not good. Wouldn't work there again.
Dynamex
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2017
I found them through Cypress Creek Personnel. This company was ok to work for. They did not pay much when I worked for the, though. It was a temporary to permanent position.
Pros
The staff
Cons
The type of work
If you are part of the management culture, you stand a good chance of being retained.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAMay 10, 2017
This job was a learning experience. It taught me that your overall talent and experience did not always win over with management. Dynamex is not a bad company. It taught me quite a lot regarding being politically correct and not going against the grain. This occurred when new management took over and the culture instantly changed. By being a minority in the company, it was a positive , at times but mostly a negative. I was definitely in the minority there and it was difficult to advance up the supply chain. For those that are not in the minority like myself, the company has some good things to offer. You can learn quite a bit if you are one of the chosen few. My time there was usually professional and pleasant, however, some of the new senior managers made it hard for some of us to grow. It is unfortunate that a good company can be a negative experience due to a few bad management staff.
Pros
Small company and can learn a lot.
Cons
expensive healthcare costs.
If you want easy money
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 9, 2017
I work for Dynamex now known as Tforce final mile. I was a dispatcher when they first for the account for Amazon.bit started out great but as time went on the mangers for lazy and didn't care what the employees were doing. Managers ok'd embezzlement first certain employees to recycle the pallets instead of giving them back to the company that they came from management was also in on the embezzlement and pocketed money for themselves. They would also okay drivers to do route that did not have any licenses or insurances so if ever in an accident this company would be at fault 100%. With that kind of risk I was not willing to stay around for that.
Pros
Drivers are great
Cons
Embezzlement, lying, no repercussions for anything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dynamex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9