Under the supervision of the superintendent, the Fitter is responsible for constructing the performance of the welds on the job. Fitters will lead and supervise his team through the welding process. Assisted by an experience welder and riggers to complete the operations. Fitters are often required to work outside in all kinds of weather conditions.
Preferred: 1. High School Diploma or Equivalent
2. Must pass pre-employment physical and Fitters test
3. Must be an expert in craft skills, welding mathematics, read/create blue prints, and career development skills
Essential: 1. To have great leadership and communication skills
2. To be able to clearly explain the larger picture and be able to perform/know all levels of the operation
3.The ability to stay current and use all types of power and fitting hand tools effectively and safely
4. Ability to effectively work well with others
5. Ability to read/write and follow directions
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Superintendent in all aspects of the operation.
- To write JSA
- To understand and relay all welding, and piping procedures
- To know how to construct a bid
- To be proactive and be able to for see problems and lead the team accordingly
- Ability to perform/create basic to complex layouts small or large with the ability to adjust to client demand and be able handle the modifications
- Responsibly for knowing and excusing welding producers
- Responsibly to be able to identify all types of metals and know how to apply
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and environmentally sound operation
- Makes accurate calculations concerning depths of welds by using the proper tools
- Responsible for utilizing appropriate Safety equipment and insure that all company policy, procedures, governmental regulations, etc. are adhered to.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and / or carry up to 50 pounds on a daily basis.
- Worker will be subject to other physical activities required, to include climbing, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, seeing, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions.
Indeed - 18 months ago
Dynamic Industries, Inc. (DII) was found in 1985 as an offshore service company, which has diversified by providing expansive and integrated...