Are you ready join a company team where you can make a real difference?
DSI, Award-Winning Manufacturer of the Gleeble®:
The World's Leader in Dynamic Thermal-Mechanical Testing Technology
Dynamic Systems Inc. (DSI) is dedicated to advancing the state-of-the-art in dynamic thermal-mechanical testing of materials and simulation of processes. Founded in 1957 to develop and manufacture a system for thermal metallurgical studies, DSI has a long history of pioneering the physical simulation of dynamic thermal and mechanical processes.
DSI's first system, christened the "Gleeble" by one of its creators, was originally developed to simulate the heat-affected zone of arc welding. Since then, an advanced series of systems, which combine dynamic thermal and mechanical testing under sophisticated computers for control and data acquisition, has been introduced by DSI.
As a result of this innovative technology, it is now possible for materials to be tested in the same dynamic way that they are fabricated and used. This capability is producing new insights into materials science and new breakthroughs in productivity.
Due to DSI’s company expansion to support global sales growth (please see the recent Albany Business Review article: Exporting, with Glee(ble): Dynamic Systems wins award for testing product), we have recently added an opportunity for a new Field Service Engineer. This new position is responsible for installing, servicing and conducting training on our Materials Testing and Research Products (the Gleeble®) at various locations around the world.
Our Lead Candidate will demonstrate outstanding ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment involving multi-tasking and the organization of complex project management objectives, and at the same time demonstrate professional discipline, interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills, as well as the ability to acquire new skills on a timely basis.
Hands-on ability to assemble, test and troubleshoot software-controlled electro-mechanical systems, as well as knowledge of analog and digital circuitry and familiarity with basic test equipment is strongly preferred. Demonstrated understanding of electro-mechanical, circuit and firmware design, and the ability to consistently write documentation and procedures for both DSI and its customers is required.
The new Field Service Engineer role also requires extensive travel to Europe, Asia, North and South America to customer laboratory and manufacturing sites, for a week at a time or more, up to 50% of total scheduled work time. As our lead candidate, you will be interacting with leading scientists and engineers at some of the most prestigious materials research laboratories in the world. The balance of your work responsibilities will be based out of our headquarters office and manufacturing facility located in beautiful Poestenkill, NY, an eastern suburb of Albany, NY.
Our Lead Candidate will have:
- A 4-year degree in one of the following disciplines: Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Metallurgy or Mechatronics.
- A minimum of 3 years’ work, internship and/or co-op experience in troubleshooting and servicing instrumentation and/or control systems in one of the following areas:
➢ Linux or QNX-based control systems
➢ Servo-hydraulics control systems
➢ Materials testing equipment troubleshooting and service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Energetic and collaborative interpersonal skills.
- Superior business-to-business customer service skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, organize / prioritize work tasks to meet deadlines and learn on the job.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Mechanical aptitude, including but not limited to demonstrated ability / results in troubleshooting and successfully resolving software-controlled electro-mechanical issues.
- Ability to read and understand schematics, logic diagrams and wiring drawings.
- Ability to travel globally a minimum of 50% of scheduled work time, for a week or more at a time.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is available for the lead candidate.
If this position describes your talents and experience, and you know that you can help drive the success of our growing company, then we want to hear from you! Please send your resume’, salary history / requirements and cover letter telling us why you’re the best candidate for this position to: Employment (at) Gleeble.com.
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.