Dynamics Research Corporation Employee Reviews

Very limited scope
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 16, 2017
Contract expired because Air Force contract representative severely limited scope of work. Would not allow team members to help other unit functions. Thus, a divide developed between sections.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Not a very satisfying job
Great place. Strong commitment to support the warfighter.
Manager of Internal Communications (Former Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 28, 2016
I enjoyed all aspects of working for a leading provider of mission-critical technology management services and solutions for government program.

I led the development and execution of the internal architecture to support the information needs of approximately 1,500 employees at company offices and client sites throughout the company.

DRC was a great company totally focused on supporting the needs of the warfighter and our government customers.

I greatly enjoyed working with leaders through the company promoting the achievements of their teams in support of our government customers.

The most difficult part of the work was communicating to employees during a highly unsettled time for government budgeting.
Pros
Great leadership, strong culture, great teamwork
Cons
Government budget issues, delay in contract awards.
Productive workplace
Technical Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2015
Atmosphere very production oriented. Due to the short turn-around for publications, employees were very much team oriented.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive and excellent place to work
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 26, 2015
Productive and excellent place to work. Training was always available. Colleagues always willing to help one another. Many projects going on at once.
Professional atmosphere where hard work was recognized & rewarded.
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with professional people in a friendly atmosphere where what you did mattered and was appreciated by immediate management.
Pros
I interfaced with professional, friendly, brilliant people where hard work was recognized and financially rewarded.
Cons
Benefits could have been improved.
Productive and was a great place to work
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHFebruary 9, 2015
Dynamics Research Corporation was an excellent place to work. There was not a real typical day but just to keep things running smoothly. Management was great there and my coworkers was easy to work with. We were just like one big family. There was not a hard part of the day. Enjoyable part of the day was
Loved working for this company. Great atmosphere to work in. Very employee, growth and advancement oriented.
HR- Retirement Plans and Sr. Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 7, 2014
After 35 years for working at the Company, it was acquired by Engility Corp., a VA based company and I was laid off. All indirect labor employees will or were laid off by the end of this year.
Typical day
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2014
Pretty standardized regime to follow. Very structured and repetitive. Worked off site away from headquarters.
Dynamics Research Corporation
Executive AdministrativeAssistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 6, 2014
A typical day at work was normal with no stress

What I learned was how to work stress free.

Our management team was a great group of people. They always had their best interest in the employees' as well as other people.

The co-workers was easy to get along with and we all respected each other.

The hardest part of the job were the staff meetings.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when we got together to plan luncheons, picnics and holiday parties.
Overall a great work experience
Senior Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 13, 2014
Overall a great work experience. Worked with wonderful, hard working people.
Senior Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2013
Great company to work for. Stimulating work and good benefits.
Engineering and IT Services. Professional environment, career development ecouraged
Engineering Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 7, 2013
Professional atmosphere. Emphasis on career development. Advancement opportunities
not a bad place to work
Business Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 11, 2013
Good thing about this place is that if you want to be a superstar you can, if you don't, you can,
Cons
poor medical benefits packages, lots of oop expenses.
Good defense contractor
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 16, 2013
I learned a lot about supervising staff here. Management was very hands-off. Company did not invest in a great deal of professional development. Very veteran-heavy.
Outstanding IT department
Director, IT Business Systems (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 21, 2013
Managed a great team in an outstanding IT department. As a director with over 12 years of management experience and currently holding a Secret Clearance, seeking a strategic management position in a computer security environment which would enable me to lead an IT group and move it forward through both process and technology
Love The Company... for The Most PArt
Manager, Special Projects Team (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 22, 2013
DRC is a great place to work. I loved the peopole and benefits UNTIL we learned that our contract was unrenewable.
Solid job environment
Staff Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 22, 2013
Every day provided exciting challenges. Co-workers were professional and energetic. Worked on many interesting projects.
Pros
location
Cons
instability of management staff
Good place to work, spent 13 years there
Configuration Manager/Documentation Control (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 26, 2013
Good workload, relaxed deadline schedule. I was never overloaded with work. some overtime, but only to meet a deadline
Mixed Experience
Portfolio Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 9, 2012
Contracting is a strange profession. It's easy to forget about the company at large when you are always working at client sites, and it isn't the best thing for networking. Job security is always a little dodgy as well, since you can never tell when a contract might be extended or curtailed. Nevertheless, it's a good business for someone who is driven, client-focused, and interested in business management. The temperament of customers and coworkers vary widely from site to site, but managers are generally pretty supportive.
Pros
pay, benefits, hours
Cons
fussy clients, job security
Great Company to work for.
Technical Analyst III and Logistician (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 10, 2012
A typical day at work is accomplishing logistic and engineering duties in accordance with contract requirements.
Learned how to accomplish logistic duites for the Air Force in relation to Technical Order (TO) updating.
Co-workers were great and worked like a team.
The Air Force Equipment Specialist (ES) approving submitted 252s for TO updating probably was the the hardest part of job.
The people I worked with and accomplishing the given task.
Pros
great management, workers, pay and benefits
Cons
contract type job which mean it can end in a certain period of time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dynamics Research Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2