The contractor shall directly support the AFMC Open Skies PM by providing technical engineering expertise in direct support of the Open Skies aircraft and sensor suite. The contractor shall develop and review technical documents that support the maintenance and modification to the specialized onboard mission equipment and report any issues from the reviews to logistics support personnel. The contractor shall provide support to replace aircraft sensors and the future effort to replace the airframe. Understanding of engineering oversight and acquisition processes is critical (vice engineering a solution from the ground up)
- Develops, coordinates and carries, through completion, system engineering projects on the C/KC-OC-135 weapon system. Plans and conducts research, development or other work for which precedent data, criteria, methods or techniques are significantly inadequate are controversial or contain critical gaps. Develops or recommends completely new features in addition to improving, extending or validating currently known precedents, data, methods or techniques. Provides system engineering review and analysis of assigned systems throughout the conceptual, demonstration and validation, engineering, manufacturing, development, production & deployment and operation & support phases. As a system engineer, has responsibility for the reliability, maintainability and supportability of electronics/embedded computer systems/and equipment. Ensures systems are operating at peak efficiency with minimum interruptions by performing optimization, analysis, periodic testing, software loads, hardware configurations and corrective procedures. Plan, manages and performs analysis in the design, development and/or sustainment of C/KC/OC-135 weapon system for the entire life cycle.
- Provides technical input for evaluating alternate engineering and acquisition solutions. Provides analysis to define technical scope of extensive modification projects, evaluate alternate engineering solutions, assessing program progress and reviewing final products. Develops electronic engineering documentation and provide engineering analysis to support mitigation of aircraft aging and design changes/upgrades. Analyze and provide assessments of testing and analysis requirements to support system modification and maintain configuration control. Performs engineering analysis of critical components as required to establish electrical component adequacy and material suitability. Supports technical planning, technical assessment, requirements management, and risk management of the C/KC/OC-135 weapon system with engineering technical analysis and evaluation.
- Serves as a electronics systems engineering consultant to system managers. Analyzes and utilizes failure data, specifications, test reports, system testing resources, current trade publications and other international correspondence to provide a basis for advising system managers of viable alternatives for meeting mission objectives. Formulates and executes recommendations/solutions to modify standard practices, techniques and processes for the C/KC/OC-135 weapon system. Develops engineering modification design information from analysis of deficiency data, manufactures’ and USAF failure reporting systems and other foreign countries’ machine or human compiled data. Coordinates efforts with the various phases of work being performed by other engineers or groups including contractor personnel and assures integration of each segment into the total assignment.
- Attends engineering inspections, technical reviews and audits. Renders engineering opinion to the System Program Manager on engineering electronic systems, adequacy of drawings for AFMC provisioning and reprocurement purposes. Provide technical electronics engineering advice on a wide variety of electronic issues complicated by the specific characteristics of various mechanical, structural features of the C/KC/OC-135 avionics equipment/instruments/system. Tests, assesses and evaluates items against established standards and quality level. Participates in meetings and conferences of a technical nature to provide recommendations on engineering decisions regarding the assigned system. Complies with health, safety and environmental rules and procedures. Performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment. Ensures adherence to federal, state and local codes concerning health, safety and the environment.
- USAF Program Office engineering experience
- Professional knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, principles and practices and extensive familiarity with other engineering disciplines.
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret and apply rules, regulations and procedures to a variety of situations and recommend timely and economical solutions.
- Ability to integrate automated data processing concepts, system capabilities and the economical use to accomplish assigned functions.
- Ability to plan and organize work, coordinate with other engineering disciplines and communicates effectively, orally and in writing as well as maintaining good working relationships.
- Skill to plan, organize and direct the functions and staff in critical aspects of development/preproduction, in support of systems, subsystems or equipment and/or to coordinate the various aspects of systems acquisition such as engineering, program management, contracting, financial management, configuration, test and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, procedures, and practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
1. Knowledge of the C/KC/OC-135 program including engineering and production systems, subsystems, equipment, missions, functions, goals, objectives and materials.
2. Knowledge of standard contracting regulations, practices and procedures as well as the regulatory and statutory restrictions on the expenditures of appropriated and non-appropriated funds.
3. Knowledge of the policies, practices, regulations and laws concerning the acquisition management process and initiatives.
4. Knowledge of the engineering and technical aspects of the production, manufacturing and repair processes for the C/KC/OC-135 weapon system avionics systems.
Dynamis is professional services firm headquartered in Arlington, VA. We specialize in providing program and analytic support services...