DynCorp International Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,055 reviews matching the search
Posters about Ethics do not apply to Executives
Sr. Director, Contract Operations (Compliance) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 25, 2017
Every employee is required to have a detailed ethics and behavior poster on office and cubicle walls, yet VPs and above are devoid of ethics or morality.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No job security. If your boss is replaced, you are gone.
Review
Government Contractor (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 23, 2017
We are looking for people who take pride in their work to join our team. You help shape a customer's entire shopping experience by giving them a positive first and last impression.

In this dual role, you are responsible for ensuring customers see a well-kept parking lot, clean restrooms, and clean floors. This means you are constantly on your feet and on the go. Rain or shine, sleet or snow, our customers count on you.
hard work
A&P Mechanic/Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXMay 20, 2017
Very fulfilling. This type of aviation work is not for everyone, however for the right person it is very rewarding. Work was rotational on a small contract.
Terrific
Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2017
*Great Place to work, would love to have another contract with them. A very nice work environment with great and helpful people to help you train... LOL
Pros
Very nice work enviroment
Training for management
Supply Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX, 76177, USMay 17, 2017
Management at DynCorp is horrible. Personal feelings about individuals become the issue between who management like and dislikes when it comes to promotions or even getting a contract renewal. Integrity is something that is seriously lacking as well when it comes to the people in these positions. The job isn't the issue, it's the management and if the corporate heads actually wanted to know why there is such a high turnover rate in Afghanistan they sould asked the workers and not the "management"
Progressive Company
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 16, 2017
Working with a wide variety of individuals with different backgrounds to support one overarching mission and purpose. Focus on dealing with mission essential job.
Perfect for people with no families back home
HVAC Manager, AFGHANISTAN (Former Employee) –  FOB RamrodMay 15, 2017
I worked for Dyncorp in Afghanistan on the Logcap project and they are the best company I have ever worked for. Management can be idiots most the time but hey your out in the middle of nowhere with people trying to shoot rockets into your base and kill you every other day so being a little crazy fits the bill. I came into Dyncorp when they took over for KBR, another company I worked for by the way, and it was the wild west around that time. If you are single with no family and want to travel the world for free and get paid over 100k a year mostly tax free mostly then this is the job for you.
Pros
Pay, Co Workers, advancement, Free Food and Housing. much more
Cons
People trying to kill you and sharing a tent with 8 other guys.
Contract work for the Military
Aircraft mechanic / electrician (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 15, 2017
Working for the Naval Test Pilot School is rewarding. The pay is good, the work is steady and the people you work alongside are good people. The down side is there's a local clique that seems to watch out for each other and it's hard to be an outsider coming into the group. But on the other hand it's a nice well paying job where you can take care of a family on one paycheck. You wont be living in luxury but you can get by.
Pros
Steady work, nice area, descent benefits
Cons
Lots of procedures to follow between corporate and military it can be frustrating.
Fun, pleasant great place to work.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 14, 2017
It's so sad that the company closed here in york pa. The benefits were great and the work environment was wonderful. Everyone worked together to help each other and if family issues came up they were more than happy to help.
Pros
Relaxing environment
Cons
None everything was wonderful
Remote and uber-strict environment
LAN IT Operator (Former Employee) –  GuamMay 11, 2017
Cares little for you as an individual. Do not accept any position with this company unless they tell you the exact, every day living conditions of where you will be.
Pros
Decent Benefits/travel compensation
Cons
no breaks, no choice of shift
Work Condition
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Patuxent River, MDMay 10, 2017
I have worked for my current company for almost 13 years. I started out as a Aircraft Worker even though I was more qualified to do the work that I was hired as, I was not the only employee to have this happen to. The company did not want to pay for everyone to be a aircraft mechanic. When I had gotten hired there had not been a pay raise in at least 5 yrs, Our CEO came to visit from our home office in Texas and during our so-called town meeting with him and had no problem letting us know that if he could pay use less than they were currently paying us he would. We voted a union in not long after that. We get pushed to get qualifications but the ones they are willing to compensate us for getting is so little it disappears in taxes.

Moral pretty can be considered mediocre because some shop supervisors do not their own workers when it comes backing them. They are salary and we of course are hourly and they are basically yes men and toe the company line..
Good Tooling to work with
Avionics Electrical Tech Installer (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 8, 2017
An interesting place to work at many dependable people to work with reliable test equipment reliable and up to date technical manual and good work scheduling
DynCorp
Munitions Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Middle EastMay 8, 2017
If you need fast money, working overseas; tax free is great. Meet a lot of people and always working. Work long hours and if you do not like working outside this is not the job for you.
Descent Company
Mechanic II, Mechanic I (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYMay 6, 2017
This company was quick to responded to any employee issue although there may not of been a rapid solution they atleast stayed in constant contact to let you know the issue is being worked.
Very Good Company to work for.
Systems Integrator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 3, 2017
Dyn-Corp is great company to work. Most of the people who work for this company are happy including me.
Dyn-corp provide in house training , their benefits are one of the best compared to other big companies.
Good company
Power Generation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FOB Dwyer, AfghanistanMay 3, 2017
Pay is good, and easy to advance if you are the real deal. If not, don't bother because there are great mechanic supervisors there, and you wont pull the wool over their eyes. Don't go there and try to fake the funk, cause you will be weeded out. But if you are proficient at your job, then it is the place to be.
Pros
Great Management
Nueva experiencia en el Servicio Militar
Senior Water/Waste Water Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mindanao, FilipinasMay 2, 2017
Una compañía con una excelente visión y valores afianzados en sus empleados. Fue una experiencia enriquecedora al estar destacado en las Filipinas, apoyando los militares norteamericanos.
Pros
Buena paga y beneficios
Cons
Las Filipinas es muy distante y estaba confinado a un campamento militar.
Excitinng, fast peace environment
Proposal Analyst (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 30, 2017
There are daily challenges that makes you learn and interact at all levels throughout the company. Management could work better on growing and developing the personnel's career.
Bad
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  QatarApril 27, 2017
Do not go to company. They lie and do not follow EPA rules nor provide you with tools needed to do job. Pay is horrible though it is tax free. Never will go to company again.
company is on its way to bankruptcy
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 27, 2017
DI is loosing contracts faster than it can bounce checks. There is a reason Cerberus is trying desperately to dump it or roll it in with their other failing company, CHS medical
Pros
free personal wifi
Cons
leadership rules by intimidation and threats, company regularly and knowingly defrauds gov't and violates federal and contractual law, hires with out doing legally required post gov't employment app's, hides failed drug tests for pilots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DynCorp International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval