DynCorp International Inc

DynCorp International Inc Employer Reviews

Fun and enjoy my job but want something better
Supply Technician (Current Employee), Columbus AFB, MSApril 15, 2014
Pros: the hours i work
Cons: the company not supported enough
Come in at 7:00am, clock in, check email to see if any new information has been put out. i spend the first 2 hours of the day preparing parts to ship out to vendors and other T6 combs sites. from 9am to 11am i am receiving in parts that just came off the truck. from 11am to 12:30pm issuing out part that just got receive in for our backorders. 1:15pm – more... to 3:45pm attend maintenance meeting, predock and postdock, tcto meetings. There really is not a hard part to my job. I do the samething everyday. – less
Very soilid company
Sr. Construction/Engineer Instructor (Current Employee), AfghanistanApril 14, 2014
They are very diversified and have plenty of advancement. Would like to continue with this company
People are great!
Finance Optimization Senior Director (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 14, 2014
Too many management levels. Culture is moving in the right direction.
Challenging Environment
Site Manager (Current Employee), Kandahār, AFGApril 13, 2014
Afghanistan is not an easy living environment and working 7 days a week is not ideal, contract work is not for everybody.
Enjoyed working with Dyncorp International
General labor Employee (Former Employee), Herat, Shindand , AfghanistanApril 11, 2014
* The working hours begun from 6am to 6pm and fully engaged throughout the day. .
* learned new working methods to which some were more effective than i knew.
* Management was and very much cooperative.
* Had supportive co-workers who were ready to help whenever necessary.
* Handling of new working tools than before.
* Learn new things from different – more... people which broadened my mind. – less
DynCorp International Sr Transition Manager (Current Employee), WorlwideApril 11, 2014
Pros: pay, vacation time, insurance, medical
Cons: work locations
Typical day was 12 hour work schedule in austere environments....
I worked mainly in the Middle East
Overseas Supporting the US Military
HR Supervisor - SR HR Generalist (Current Employee), KuwaitApril 11, 2014
Pros: food, housing and transportation provided
Cons: 72 hr work week
We work six days a week. Our day is 12 hour days to support the US Military.

The separation from family is the hardest thing.

Doing my part to help employees who in turn are supporting our troops.
As good as working at home....
General Laborer (Current Employee), AfghanistanApril 10, 2014
Pros: as far the companies contract...
Cons: asfar the companies agreement...
Team management, Supervising skill, how to work in a group as a leader....
Over all outlook of Working in a War Zone
Licensed Commercial Plumber (Current Employee), Kandahar AfghanistanApril 9, 2014
Pros: learning experience in another country and working with different nationalities
Cons: need to have better testing and give the people the correct placement in the company
Making sure that all facilities are working, that its hard to keep plumbing facilities running when materials department receives incorrect materials for the job, management trying to tell the department on how to plumb and not using the correct CODES,the the other country plumbers dont know what Plumbing Codes are, closing down facilities because lack – more... of support on maintaining materials for the plumbing department, the best thing about repairing plumbing issues is to see the war fighters happy they have working showers and latrines – less
Aircraft Mechanic
Aircraft Mechanic I (Former Employee), Enid AFB, OKApril 8, 2014
Worked on ground support equipment primarily. Also worked on the PT6A-68 Pratt and Whitney reverse axial flow engine.

For more information, please see resume
Learning experience.
Executive Secretary to the Andrews Support Div Mgr (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDApril 7, 2014
Provided administrative support to the Division Manager, Branch Managers, and senior contract management in support of a 400 person aviation operations division, entrusted with the around-the-clock operation and maintenance of the Presidential Fleet of 43-aircraft.
A typical day at work
Movement Control Supervisor (Current Employee), AfghanistanApril 7, 2014
A typical day at work for me here with DynCorp International,
work friendly,productive,customer friendly and takes safety issues seriously ie priority
Warehouseman (Current Employee), FOB SHINDAND AFGHANISTAN LOGCAP1V CONTRACTApril 6, 2014
Pros: acommodation, free medical check ups and transportation is provided by the company
(A)I report to work as early as 6.00a.m.participate in tool box topic ie safety topics of the day with my supervisor and work colleagues.supervisor will guide us with the expectations and activities of the day(briefing).
-grab a quick breakfast at 6.20 am and be back 6.35.check and answer mails, and respond to customer requests and pre-alerts.
-800a.m – more... proceed to the receiving/stock/issue areas and continue with what was not completed yesterday.ie counting,tagging and segregating and staging of material.
-10.00am procceed to the crispyard and collect new cargo with van and bring it to the material yard.conduct physical inventory,receive the in the system and issue/stock.
-1200p.m head to the dinning facility for lunch.after lunch1230p.m- check and respond to emails
-130p.m -proceed to the storage containers for physical inventory and cleanlines of the containers.later compare the physical inventory to the system data and check for any irregularities.ie matching
-430pm head back to the office and responding to the email traffic.
-600pm-closure of business with a briefing with the leadership and sharing our day's work experience challenges and accomplishments.
(B)I learnt that hard work pays after getting certificate of appreciation,team work and safety and following the company's standard operating procedures will take will help you a great deal.
(C)I learnt that in management if you have a manager who friendly and eager to help you in learning some skills you dont know will will result in giving your department great achievements.
(D)Co-workers-ensure team work respect and be ready to assist.All this enabled my department to become number one in all theatre (afghanistan) after the US government SSA audit.
(E)I found the hardest part of the job coming from sites that do not respond to email quieries and follow up of work related issues.
(F)The most enjoyable part of the the job is when you are recognised by the management for work achievemnts ie through certificates,cash tokens and annual leave. – less
Good starting place for contracting work
Personal Security Detail (Current Employee), OverseasApril 6, 2014
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: pay
I have been with DynCorp for 2 years and it has been a great starting place for me to introduce me into the contracting arena. The contracting I am on is ending and I will be looking for a new contract. They do not automatically roll you over into another job and I do not like that about the company. Also, the pay is low compared to other companies – more... out there and for the job I do.

Overall, I have had a good experience and have learned alot. – less
Balanced work and personal time
Mentor Training Team- Logistics Management Planner (Former Employee), AfghanistanApril 4, 2014
Pros: nice facilities
Cons: long way from home
I thought it was a good balance and I was apart of a good team. A typical day for me consisted of an update brief and information sharing for the tasks of that days activities, also following up on any in completed previous task as well as future planning. I can't say it was hard however, communication can be a bit challenging when dealing with different – more... cultures. My best part of the day was after all tasks given were completed and I got some gym time in under the Bose Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones. – less
Logistics Specialist
Logistics Specialist/Office Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2014
Provided logistics support to customer US ARMY TACOM (FMTV Program) for fielding Medium Tactical Vehicles. Scheduled personnel for fielding’s and assigned them to site locations. Provided logistics support for over 103 instructors, mechanics, and site chiefs for fielding’s across the United States and OCONUS locations. Working knowledge of logistics – more... management principles, concepts, policies, regulations, military support programs, and a thorough understanding of Life Cycle Support requirements. Demonstrated skills with implementation and maintenance of asset management, transportation, and procurement. Capability in material management including; ordering, scheduling, tracking and inventory control and reporting. Serves as an office manager, managing all team members of the PM office and off site locations, assists upper level management with recruitment of new employees. – less
very unorganized for a govt contractor
Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Solomons, MDApril 3, 2014
alot of standing around wasting tax payers money.. The supervisors have no spine, have no clue what they are doing. they are unqualified to lead a team of employees on military equipment, when they ALL have never spent a day in the military. The supervisors were definately picked by the "the good ole boy" clause.
Ready to work,travel and to give 100%
MHE Operator (Current Employee), Kandahār, KANApril 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, laundry
Cons: short breaks
True my past years overseas I upgrade myself not just in forlifts,RTCH`s but in computer world

Im ready to accept each job and to get it done and to give 100% to do it in safest way
WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE
Labor Foreman (Former Employee), KUWAITApril 2, 2014
This company is great! I had a wonderful experience. Management is wonderful.
Good atmosphere and good people
Traffic Management Specialist (Current Employee), Doha, QatarApril 1, 2014
It's a laid back job but we do have our busy moments. We work 8 hours a day, six days a week with some opprotunities for Overtime.

1 2 3 4 5

About DynCorp International Inc

DynCorp, founded in 1946, is among the largest employee-owned technology and services companies in the United States, providing – Read more

DynCorp International Inc Photos