DynCorp International Inc

DynCorp International Inc Employee Reviews in United States

there are probably better places and companies to work for
Recon (Former Employee) –  OCONUSApril 27, 2016
Politics can be a problem everywhere, as a contractor, but are a hundred times worse within this Company. A large contribution to this and overall bigger problem was the Department of State, the Government Agency who oversaw the contract and interfered on a daily basis with DynCorp's Execution of and Operations of the contract. DynCorp lackekd the leadership at all levels of management, local and corporate, to confront this interference. Employees are the ones that suffered.
Pros
Excelent Health Care for Overseas Employees
Cons
Too many to lists
1st time at DI
Avionics Tech (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDApril 19, 2016
Treated me good and worked with a good bunch of people. I was more RADAR than anything else when I firsted started but had been qualified all system when I worked F-4's in the Air Force which wa pretty rare. The techs I worked with at Andrew's AFB on the Presidential Fleet and at Patrick AFB taught me a lot of the other systems which allowed me to advance to a program Avionics Lead at DI for the Dept of State INL Air Wing contract.
Pros
Challenging requirements, modifications and repairs
Cons
Being told what needed to be done and it changing within days or hours.
Aesome Experience
Material Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 23, 2016
12 Hour shift 7 days a week which was 72 hours a week. I Learned multiple task with this contract. Management was great I have had no bad experience with managers or supervisor the entire contract.. Co-workers were great and diverse I have worked with people all over the work. Most about the company I enjoyed most was the traveling and seeing different parts of the world and meeting and interacting with different cultures.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Contracting Envirement
Opportunity to train foreign Police Officers
International Police Officer (Advisor / Mentor) (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 27, 2016
Working along side of the US military. Going out with the military in extreme dangerous areas each day to conduct patrols. Ability to work and live with other US Police Officers as co-workers, Management can be trouble some in not taken into account the need of proper safety equipment and living conditions.
Pros
Getting paid on time
Cons
Living and working in austere environments
DynCorp International
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXMay 3, 2016
Great company with generous benefits. Worked with a diverse group of professionals in numerous trades relating to the aircraft maintenance field ranging from fellow supervisors up to the Program Manager and down to the aircraft launch and recovery specialists.
Pros
Great working environment in many locations domestic and overseas
Cons
Most of the positions are too far from my home.
Good Company
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 2, 2016
I've worked for Dyncorp for two years now. They're a good company to work for. The work environment is not bad. I spent eleven years in the military and everyone I work with at Dyncorp are also veterans. The management on the other hand is not great. Supervisors seem clueless and don't really take care of their workers. Evaluations are a joke.
Pros
Predictable work environment and good pay
Cons
the best experience of my life.
SECURITY ADVIOSOR/INTERPRETER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2016
.Closely worked with DOD and DOS officials and host countries Government Officials.translation of secure documents, verbal interpretation.going to mission with Military force,
as security team member background investigation of Locals for security and interviews of contractors providing ID cards and biometrics.

.letter of recommendation.

.the best

.great work team.

.harsh living condition.

.helping the US Government and host Country in fight with global terrorism.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great overall experience to this point
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 20, 2016
The job of QA Inspector is right up my alley. I love working on the Navy base. My boss is a great manager. My co workers are top notch for the most part.The most enjoyable part of the job is training others. The worst part is the large amount of overtime during the summer.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Healthcare could be better but it's still good
Good Job!
ARMAMENT / ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Overall, the job was fun. I learned a great deal with my time at Dyncorp. I enjoyed the maintenance aspect of the job. However, the compensation/benefits could have been a little better. Pay scales were even across the board with no room for advancement. Insurance was OK considering at the time I was only paying for myself and my spouse. If you enjoy working in the aviation field then this job is for you.
Great employment
Senior Ammunition Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Supervised 4 personnel in field that I enjoyed doing on a daily basis. worked with some great people and supervisors. Provided quality customer service. Planned and conducted storage, inventory, and warehousing operations. Planned and scheduled work requirements, observed work practices, detected and corrected unsafe or improper procedures and technics.
Pros
Really enjoyed logistics field
Cons

Want to know more about DynCorp International Inc?

Ask a question
Very Exciting
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Middle EastJanuary 11, 2016
I enjoyed my experience and was given the support needed to do my work. I have learned to function in a multi ethnic environment and to appreciate differences. Management was very supportive and showed interest in my specific work assignments. Coworkers showed respect and interest in the nature of my work and motivated me at times even though my line of work was totally different than theirs.
Long hours, good pay, and experience with different aircraft.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bagram, AfghanistanFebruary 4, 2016
Work on aircraft as needed. Repair and maintain various system components on CH-47 Chinook, AH-64 Apache, and UH 60 Black Hawk aircrafts. Job requires 12hrs a day, 7 days a week. Unfortunately, there is very limited opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Overseas in a war zone.
A great group of talented highly skilled employees
IT APPLICATION TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 26, 2016
I really enjoyed the group I worked with at DynCorp. Lots of smart people doing great work. My management was easy going and allowed for me to work my tasks with little supervision. People were nice and helped me to do a job that supported the success of the group.
Part 145 Repair Station
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 12, 2016
Good job if you like repair station work. Lots of oversight and task management, this affects production. Small amounts of vendor and airline maintenance which is fun and financially rewarding if you can get in.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Always in a state of repair
Excellent Company
SUBCONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR/ SCA (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 17, 2015
This company is a Major Army Contractor providing needed services to the US Army and other branches of the military. They are active in CONUS and OCONUS locations. It was a pleasure working for DynCorp. We all felt that we were contributing to the well being of America' War Fighters in a positive way.
Pros
Excellent Team effort
Cons
In War Zones - long hours (min 84 per week)
Fun at times but not always, It;s what you make it.
MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXNovember 24, 2015
work started at 7 am and ended at 3:30 pm on most days which was a plus. I got to travel at times to California and down to the Port in Beaumont. The team lead directly in charge of me and my team was an all around good guy but some of the higher management had no clue what was going on, and we perceived that they also didn't care. Most enjoyable part was getting to work along side soldiers and some of the people I worked with.
Good company with insufficient experience for LogCAP contracts
Project Controls Specialist/Estimator, LOGCAP IV (Former Employee) –  KuwaitNovember 21, 2015
Project I worked on for DynCorp Intl. was something new in their business so they had to go through baby steps. Personnel in field was greatly experienced since most of them worked on those projects for years (me too), but higher management wasn't so that created some initial hick ups. Work environment was good and professional, so learning curve was steep and after couple years everything was at its place and mission was almost flawless. I enjoyed working since Project Controls team I worked for was great and well respected.
Great transitional job from the military
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Patuxent River, MDDecember 16, 2015
They pay well and follow whatever the Navy says. If you are used to a military lifestyle, this job will suite you well. If you are more comfortable in a normal job where the military way of running things is a distant memory, I'd say pass. You do get to see some unique aircraft working here, that is a big plus.
Pros
Good pay
worked from home
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCNovember 29, 2015
Hard to get full support on missions. Too many shortcuts were taken due to lack of funds. There was no real control or good information flow for employees due to not having a central work location. Corporate management was never there long enough to get a handle on all aspects of companies capabilities. This led to poor management decisions at lower levels.
Pros
Cons
No advancements
Great work environment
Field Safety Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 27, 2016
I really enjoyed my work experience with DynCorp. I met some valuable acquaintances that I will never forget. I learned alot from my supervisors. The company made me feel part of a team.
Pros
was able to visit other countries
Cons
worked overseas away from family most of the time