DynCorp International Inc Employee Reviews

Decent place to live
Parts Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CA 92310November 18, 2017
Great place to work since where I live there is hardly any jobs. I would stay here forever but I would like to move out of state to experience a different environment.
Loved This Job
Ammunition Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 18, 2017
I loved this job but it was an overseas location so hard on my family. 35 days paid time off a year was good but again hard on my family. I would go back though
A good place to work
Personnel Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 17, 2017
A good work environment with a positive team attitude. Payroll is the most difficult time if not all employees are available. Managers always encourage continued education.
Challenging work environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2017
The company is one of the best places I ever worked. My con workers were like family and the company did numerous events for employees to bring their family to.
Excellent place to work
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  IlleshiemNovember 14, 2017
Was an excellent place to work at recommend to any aviation mechanic looking for future employment with a good company. Proud to have been a member of the DynCorp family.
N/a
Tool and Parts Attendant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 13, 2017
Dyncrop was a great place to work there were great employees and a great environment very understanding on personal matters downside was manegment at location
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Unique Experience
Translator/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Palestine, RamallahNovember 10, 2017
It was a vital environment and I was surrounded by multiple international expertise in different domains. My tasks were to translate from English to Arabic and vise versa, but I also learnt about logistics, military life, criminal justice and other interesting domains one would never imagine knowing about at an early age. The culture is a multicultural environment and very healthy . It promotes good conduct, boost motivation and enrich knowledge and skills. The hardest part was at the beginning due to the lack of prior experience in working in a multicultural workplace so I had to pull myself out and take the extra effort to integrate myself for a better learning and development.
Very good stepping stone
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 9, 2017
I consider the position I had was a great stepping stone for the contractor aspect. I wa not too thrilled with the company having a Union. I feel that was a waste of money out of my check.

minimum possibilities for advancement
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Great experience
Overseas helo mechanic
Aircraft Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Bagram, AFNovember 6, 2017
pretty much just eat, sleep, work, but thst expected when you come overseas. pay is ok but you never get days off and they make a big deal if you ask for time off .
Great company to work for.
Supply Technician/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GANovember 6, 2017
Great management and HR support.
Working environment was excellent.
Workload was very moderate to heavy
Inventory and computer inventory
Monthly and daily reports
Pros
Work Environment, Holidays
Cons
breaks

Want to know more about DynCorp International Inc?

Ask a question
I career job
QA/QC Technician -Afghanistan (Former Employee) –  Wolverine, AfghanistanNovember 6, 2017
Worked with the Quality Lead and Managers to audit different department daily. Attend weekly conference calls and set schedule with Supervisors the complete audits for the day. Send out a day report to the manager at the end of the day.
Pros
Free lunch and board
Cons
Hot in Afghanistan
N/a
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VANovember 3, 2017
DynCorp was a great place to work, as the Security manager my job was very demanding but gratifying at the same time. besides contract issues that job was great
Product work place depends on country
lead mechanic for POWER GENERATION (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2017
If you can take the heat than oconus is the best place to work, usually a work work day falls between 9-12 hour work days monday thru sundays.
Most of the times you have a crew to work for you while you supervise. But you always oversea all the work to be done while working with your crew.
Pros
Plenty of perks with discounts
Cons
Hot summers, Cold winters
Excelente ambiente laboral
RW technical Advisor/Mechanic UH-1HII (Current Employee) –  PakistanOctober 30, 2017
Realize trabajos de supervision del personal local y también también trabajé cómo técnico de fase e inspecciones especiales. La compañía siempre apoya al personal tanto en los trabajos como en lo personal
Pros
Multiples beneficios
Not all contracts are the same
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  UnlistedOctober 23, 2017
My experience with DynCorp International (overseas) was "ok". The money was great. The accommodations were good. Unfortunately, the leadership on-site (PM and DPM) had a reputation of being untrustworthy and conniving. Although they pitched a different story to corporate, they were one of the primary reason for reduced retention rates.

MESSAGE TO CORPORATE:
PM and DPM positions should be scrutinized more carefully. Preferably, choosing people who have actual field experience and maybe former military officers. The two I worked for, had NO business running that operation.
Pros
Money (overseas)
Cons
No workplace unity, cliquey
Not enough people for the job we do.
Lead Aerospace Ground Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  QatarOctober 23, 2017
Not enough people for the job. Supervisor does not micromanage. Continue learning about my job. The hardest part about my job is the language barrier with the OCN's, really not a big deal. For the most part they know what needs to get done.
Great company
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍOctober 22, 2017
Great company. Have a lot of oppurtunity and jobs around the world. They will motivate you and aim higher. They will not stop you to be succesful even transfering to other companies.
Negative Management
Systems Deployment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 22, 2017
Pros
Work/life balance was good with interesting work given and great co-workers who are team-players.

Cons
Negative, narrow-minded management with certain project managers at the top who are micro-managing. Also, there are low salaries being offered with absolutely no room for growth. There may have been some racial-profiling there as well.

Advice to Management
Treat all employees fairly if you want to retain good talent, instead of just favoring the favorite ones.
Pros
Great team (with the exception of management and senior employees), flexible schedules
Cons
Bad management, micromanagement, low pay, unfair treatment of emplloyees
Great Colleagues
Sr. Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 20, 2017
What made this job most enjoyable was the diversity of people who worked there and who all seemed to want to be team players. Little competition and cooperative workplace.
Excellent company to work for.
SME-Advisor to the Insp General of the HNP (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 19, 2017
DynCorp is an excellent company to work for. Great benefits and coworkers. very fair company and they take good care of their employees. I definitely would recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DynCorp International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.