Dynegy Employee Reviews

Experienced Maintenance & Operations
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Morro Bay, CAOctober 18, 2017
Day to day Operations,Learned to interact with City, State and Government agency's including environmental.
Job not to hard but little stressful due to safely operating so many pieces of equipment and keeping them under environmental limits.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going home after long hours of successful and safely operating the plant.
Pros
Constantly learning
Cons
No Cons
Excellent place to work
Chief Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2017
Enjoyed my tenure at Dynegy and would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great place to work and grow. Very talented group of people to work with and great leadership.
Pros
Fast paced and always something to do.
Cons
no comp-time for night or weekend work
Good place to work, high cost of living
Operations Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moss Landing, CAAugust 20, 2017
The culture between management has gone down hill. They recently close down the two super critical boilers and laying off half of there work force at Moss Landing. Dynegy as a company pays well they have a 401K and 6% to portable retirement plan. But the union was with out a contract for three years while Dynegy was in bankruptcy which led to morale going down hill also. I left in 2013 for a more stable job. PG&E did not renew there operating contract for the super critical boilers, 2017 California SB law had Moss Landing decreasing there output to the sea by 50% killing the two super critical boilers.
Pros
Nice area in Monterey
Cons
close to salinas which is a high crime area
Dynegy was was a ok company.
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Masontown, PAJune 29, 2017
Dynegy was nothing like Duke Energy. I enjoyed working for Duke Energy. After being sold to Dynegy. Things at the plant went down hill. Just before I left. The hourly workers voted for a union. After that. The plant manager was removed and and a new one was brought in.
Pros
Good work schedule.
Cons
Cut in benefits.
Great opportunities to obtain licenses
Fuel Handler 1A (Current Employee) –  Somerset, MAMay 12, 2017
Dynegy Inc. offers good benefits and salary to their union employees. Unfortunately due to the coal industry decline, the plant will be closing in July 2017.
you go in do your job go home
Fireman 2nd Class; Boiler Operator (Current Employee) –  Somerset, MAApril 8, 2017
you work you go home. this is a no thrills place to work. 12hr rotating shift work a lot of overtime. there are different positions to cover ops inside covering bottom ash, out back there 5 positons to cover.
Pros
alot of over time
Cons
routating shift work
Good pay
Management (Current Employee) –  Nation wideMarch 3, 2017
There is plenty of room for advancement, and the pay is above average. You get to see a lot of the country, but you don't see a lot of your family
Overall Good Experience
Temporary Position through Burnett Specialists (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2017
I'm not interested in reviewing this company at this time. I'm very Grateful for the opportunity and learned a great deal in my time here, growing company
Pros
Ice, water and coffee machine
Cons
Parking
Great energy company!
Plant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2017
When I worked at Dynegy they had just acquired the company from the Dow Chemical Company and it had been called Destec. Destec focused on cogeneration and had built and operated power plants in several states in the U.S.
Shift technician Hennepin power station
Shift technician (Former Employee) –  Hennepin, ILJanuary 12, 2017
After 13 years of swing shift working as a jack of all trades decided to test the waters and find a better job working day shift monday-friday. I would not recommend this job to anyone that has a skilled trade or technical school back ground. They make you a operator like it or not. Alot of finger pointing by management. Upper management noses up in the air. These old coal plants are on there last years.
Pros
Good pay, union position
Cons
Swing shift, dirty, hot, 70 year old coal plant on its last leg.
Fair place to work
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 22, 2016
1. Typical day: Busy
2. What I've learned: how to be creative
3. Management: ok
4. Coworkers: good
5. Hardest part of the job: I was the sole expert in my field.
6. Most enjoyable part of the job: additional help
Technical Support
Service Desk Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 20, 2016
Technical support analyst with nearly 10 years of varied IT Support experience working in a fast paced environment while maintaining excellent customer service and support. Possess the ability to adjust and adapt to new changes and environments as needed.
Excellent
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2016
● Involved in full cycle Design and implementation of the project and post implementation support.
● Developed triggers to sync data between two systems, audit triggers.
Business closing
Utility Coal Yard Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wood River, ILMay 5, 2016
Dynegy is a great organization; however and unfortunately, the business is closing this summer and the Dynegy employees will be displaced.
Great company to work for.
Power plant operator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 17, 2016
Great company to work for. Operations department in a power plant. Great coworkers to work with, who take the time to teach new employees about electricity generation.
Pros
Excellent pay and retirement plan
Cons
Very good company to work for. Sometimes it's the people who misreperesent themselves
Sr. Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed the years I spent working for this company. Co-workers were easy to work with and we all worked for a common cause. The best part are the flexible hours. I learned a lot while working with the different departments and becoming familiar with the different documents.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Worked with extremely professional people
Sr. Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 23, 2015
I enjoyed the 9 years that I worked at Dynegy. I learned and loved having the challenge to work with new software systems that they company provided.
Pros
Group Events, Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Salary is not worth the stress
Settlement Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 15, 2015
Working for Dynegy was stressful and demanding. Supervisors/Managers held little regard for their employees and how hard they worked. They pride themselves on integrity but bottom line is if you speak up or disagree with their ethics/integrity - out the door you go! Since the employees are salary you work major OT which the salary base does not compensate for! Everyday was stressful!
Pros
Top pay with excellent bonuses, flexibility was great!
Cons
The salary was not worth the stress and pressures supervisors put on its employees
I worked in the accounting department during the Enron era and when we were under consideration of buying Enron there was a lot of pressure
Admin II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
Worked for the accounting department and enjoyed working for the company. I worked there during a tense period but still they tried to maintain a professional atmosphere for the employees there. Sorry I ever left this company
Pros
Room for advancement, concern about employees, education and other benefits
Dynegy is a growing company which was turned around by present management from the brink of bankruptcy
Power Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Dynegy is a growing company which was taken from the brink of bankruptcy to a viable force in the Power industry by current management. The CEO was recognized as one of the top ten most influential people in the Power industry.