Dyno Nobel Employee Reviews in United States

Poor management, Laid off
C-operator (Former Employee) –  Donora, PAJanuary 16, 2016
Company in Donora will probably close. Poor management and weak union. No point in reviewing this company because we all were laid off and will not have a return to this plant, ever.
Nice people
achine operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYOctober 27, 2015
Nice people as well as well structured environment. The pay should have been more given the risk of blowing up at any given time.
Excellent Business Culture and Commited to Saftey
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CTAugust 20, 2015
In years of growing with the company I took part and witnessed the rise to Lean Manufacturing and it's benefits to efficiency's.
Pros
Company Growth and Business Culture
Cons
On call 24/7 365
Drives hard with little regard to amount of work in regards to personnel available.
Instrument and Electrical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Deer Island, OregonMarch 26, 2015
Typical work day consist of Attending BeX meetings (Business excellence program generated from other related programs) 2 per day, Job Planning meeting work scopes of jobs discussed at planning meeting, researching and providing answers and solutions to action items which identify operational issues, Closing out Incident reports which generate the action items, coaching sessions with direct reports, Discussions with operational personnel on issues in the plant for the day. Complete the work completed for the day plan for the next days work generate work permits for the next days jobs.

Lessons learned is to be diligent in completing task at hand, and with amount of work assigned to manage it in manner that is effective for plant operations

With the current programs in place i believe management executed them in a manner that was not effective in providing an efficient work force. These programs have caused discontent and still misunderstanding of the goal other then the safety aspect of the program.

Thru this process co-workers have worked as a team to maintain plant operability and reliability.

Hardest part of the job is the time management of assignment in one day which have to be at time managed into 2 days, This is the task that take scheduling of priorities.
Cons
Very demanding management
you breath ammonia every day
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 23, 2015
worked on pumps and other rotating equipment also did pm on equipment. also answered call outs returning to work almost nightly
Pros
good pay
Cons
lousy management
Experience with explosives and traveling and experience with a drill, and a rock truck
Blaster (Former Employee) –  Allen, KYSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day of work would be go into the office and the supervisor would tell us what job we will have to go, the name of the place and how many bore holes to expect. then i would go get the explosives and the powder needed to do the job, once I got all that is needed I would travel to the job which could be in Kentucky or West Virgina, once on the job i would talk to the foreman of the job and get all the details like closest house or any objects close the shot, after that i would load all the bore holes with the right amount of explosives and powder, wire it all up with the right delay to make sure no bore hole goes off at the same time,, once i sound my warning sirens i would blast the shot.. After i did that I would have to do a shot report witch included alot of math and various other stuff i would leave a copy with the foreman and take a copy back to the office.
Pros
a company truck and a gas card
Cons
alot of pressure
Great to work for it.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Left company after 28 years, family circumstance. Would work for this company again, if lower and middle management that's there now would be replace. Upper management needs to be more involved with how site managers run this jobsites. Hourly employee are great to work with, but low morale and no trust in their site management creates a hard working environment.
Pros
great group of hourly employees, lots of experience
Cons
lacking site management care, low morale, penny pinching
Always busy, something to do, interesting.
Facilities Maintenance and R & D Technician (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, UTJuly 28, 2014
I was in charge of maintenance, and performed many tasks like painting, cleaning, welding replacing light fixture ballasts. I learned about a machine that makes emulsion and anfo used to clear roads and mine excavation.
Pros
free lunches were sometimes provided by company.
Cons
not vey communicative.
Good Pay
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls OrJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work was to wake up at 4AM, put on my thermos, go to the job site get all my paperwork lined out for the day. Do a inventory, wait for my employees to show up with their trucks so I could give them what they needed for the day to get their jobs done in a timely manner out in the field. Before they left the job site, we did a inventory on what we loaded in their truck to make sure it matched the order I gave them for the day. Once they were off, I did another inventory at the job site, then logged into our database to make sure our inventory matched corporates inventory. Filed my paperwork, then made lots of phone calls to coordinate the next few days. Went to daily meetings with our contractor to make sure everyone was doing their jobs in a safe manner, and that we were providing them with the tools they needed to do so. At days end I would prepare for the next mornings meeting.
Pros
being out in the field
Cons
no healthcare
Great Culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 15, 2014
The plant has a tremendous culture. Nearly everyone will lend a hand if a situation arises.
Fun and home away from home workplace
Senior Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitesburg, GAJune 18, 2013
Exciting and family orienated place to work work daily. A place the was every bit as stressful in the work but every bit as exciting with the people you worked with.
Good Job
Extrusion Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Ewen, NYOctober 30, 2012
made non-electric blasting caps, gained the knowledge of extrusion,
management was fair, co-workers friendly
not a very good place to work
Booster Operator (Former Employee) –  Wolf Lake, ILJuly 15, 2012
Worked at the Wolf Lake plant over ten years and done a good job. The new HR person didn't know her job and was bias. Had lies told on me and it done me no good to try and defined myself.For sometime there was no air and we had to wear heavy uniforms the temp would get pretty HOT! I tried to point out defects but only was told not to worry about it. A BIAS place to work certain people got away with a lot while others would get in trouble for little things.The only reason I liked working there was the money,benefits and close to home. The work wasn't to bad but some people made it hard to just do your work.Most of the co-workers was nice.Glade to not be there any more but hate how some people made me look. I did the best I could but ten years of loyalty wasn't good enough.
Pros
holidays we got together for meals
Cons
seemed managment didn't care about conditions you worked under
Fun place to work everyone got along just fine.
Maintenance/Lawn care (Former Employee) –  Duffield VAFebruary 14, 2012
Easy work just mowing and weedeating grass and keeping area clean