Dyson Employee Reviews in United States

Productive Work Place that provides iconic Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 11, 2015
Dyson is a great company. Their products are referred to the "Trump" of all vacuums. Dyson takes pride in their products as well as its customers. Ive learned how to cater to customer needs in a way that will benefit the company and also the consumer. Hardest part of the job is trying to describe how to fix certain things on the vacuum over the phone. A typical day at work consists of 40+ calls.
Pros
benefits, job security, helpful management
Cons
short breaks
Great company to work for if you are looking for part time job
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2016
The job allows for work life balance, and gives you the opportunity to meet all types of people. Excellent support from company while in the field. Pays much better than most part time positions. Always recognized for a job well done. Training is always interesting and engaging. They always have a new product to learn about and teach other people so you never get board. Must have a professional demeanor. Weekends only.
Great Opportunity for College Students
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 2, 2016
It's an excellent job on the weekend. The hourly pay is great! They send you to Chicago for training!

Great opportunity for college students and retired people.

Notes:
- You do NOT commission per-sale, just an hourly rate!
- You do have the opportunity for bonuses, but it's a TEAM effort; if you sell well for a month and the rest of the team doesn't, you will not get a bonus.
Pros
The hourly pay is awesome; flight to Chicago, food and room paid for.
Cons
NO Commission; Bonuses are based on TEAM sales.
I would not work here or recommend them to anyone.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2012
A typical work day is a muddled mess of politics and upper management that does not work well together. I learned that I do not desire to work for Dyson moving forward. I met a lot of good people and enjoyed my time here and I have build relationships that are sure to last the sands of time. The hardest part of the job was never getting a consistent message from the top down and the most enjoyable would be the people. I really feel that there are good people that work there but they were not allowed to advance or share ideas so most move on.
Pros
4 day work week, benefits ie: vacation, sick and insurance are all great.
Cons
overworked, underpaid and they treat you like a second class citizen.
nice envioroment
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 12, 2015
we will troubleshoot dyson product for customers if they were having problems. i learned more about dyson products to better assist our customers. I loved my co workers. the hardest was trying to resolve an issue that couldnt get resolved the time it needed to be. I love that management will look out for their employees
Freedom at a technology company
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2013
Dyson was a great company to work for because employees are given a lot of freedom to accomplish objectives. The company pays employees well and the products are fun and easy to sell.
Pros
great pay, the best employee discount i have ever had, ability to take time off every month
Cons
part time job so no benefits
best comany ever
Brand demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 14, 2015
dyson is the best company i have worked for, i love my manager, i love the company, there is sooo much room to advance in this company, they take soo much care of you. its just wonderful
Keep looking
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2014
Not a fun place to work. Expectation is you dedicate your life to Dyson, that is it s privilege to work there and employees are not valued as assets. There's no training or career development. They constantly look outside the company versus promoting from within. Management constantly changes and the company is a revolving door, the only constant is James Dyson. They try had to create a unique culture, talk about wrong thinking, but it's a typical company at the end of the day. There's no flexibility, so don't come in late or try to leave early. Most people only stay one and most two years, rare to find someone with more than three years experience. Unless they are from the UK.
Pros
discount on cool products
Cons
it's adult day care
Great Interaction with Customers, Helpful Management & Co-workers
Dyson Demonstrator on Long Island (Current Employee) –  End Cap in Costco on Long IslandFebruary 6, 2015
Demonstrating in Costco, on Long Island has many Pro's. I am always interacting with people and that's big considering I'm a people person. Working for Dyson Inc., has been a great learning experience for me. Needing to keep up with all the New technology on Dyson's new products keeps it very fresh and exciting. The management is extremely supportive, being out in the field on my own I can always contact my manager and co-workers. If I had to say what the hardest part of the job is…when I just started a year age I would of had to say answering questions from customers and talking in front of a crowd. Experiencing not very nice customers saying a few things about how they feel about Dyson…WOW
But, now being in it and seeing how it affected my life, I would have to say the hardest part would be not sharing the weekends and Family Obligations with my Children.
Pros
great interaction with customers
Cons
only part time, weekends only
uptight and slow
CNC Lathe Operator/ Bolt Threader (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHDecember 3, 2014
slow no work i learned how to set up and and operate a landis bolt threader. The management is not very nice there is never a thank you or a good job its now now now the co workers i work with are amazing they are all great people trying to make a pay check at our under paid job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the management when you get talked down on everyday its hard to enjoy what you love doing. the most enjoyable part of the job is the co workers we try to make the best out of the bad situations and try to laugh the guys i work with are great.
Pros
8 hours of overtime standard
Cons
no appreciation for the hard work you do long days.
A great day at Dyson
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 20, 2014
I come in to work and I check to see who is logged in and ready to take calls. I walk the floor and remind others to be ready to take calls (as soon as phones turn on) and say hello to everyone. Check my emails and write down a priority list. Check my calendar for what is ahead in the day (meetings, etc.) Open the group chat. Get the NPS results from the previous night and talk to the team about our strong suites and areas of improvement. Pull agents of the phones to coach them, do calibrations, or talk to them on how they can improve. Take escalation calls. Answer questions that other agents might have regarding the product, procedures, and/or policies. De-escalate situations. Finish the daily employee expenditure report. Track all the call logs. Email the team any and all necessary updates, changes, and their daily stats. Go to airblade team to cover their lunch. Problem solve what others can't find solutions to. Keep team motivated and upbeat at all times via emails, or the group chats.
Pros
great company, great product, excellent management team
Fair; If you are a certain group of people
Customer Experience Agent (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Very racial call center. All of the trainers are of a certain racial background. So is the training manager. Perhaps this is by chance, I think not. Two thirds of the employees are of the same background.
Perhaps this is the theme of the company. I do not think the owner is aware of this!

It is run like a half way house. The dress code is no dress code. Very unprofessional call center. Very low pay for a customer service, tech support position.

Training was very disorganized. Flying by the seat of their pants.

Not the place for someone who is not from the same background.
Pros
excellent products
Cons
call center management
A Steppingstone
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 18, 2013
Dyson is a great company started by an innovator. A typical day at work introduces you to several people eager to register their new "Cadillac of Vacuums". I've learned that the best way to ascertain customer satisfaction is to educate your customers. The hardest part of the job is having to say no. The most enjoyable part of the job is showing a customer how much they can do on thier own. The management team focuses a lot on numbers and often times you feel like a number. That's the only bad part!
Productive and talented workplace.
Associate Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2013
Fast paced environment. Interaction with all departments and all levels. Management of external vendors as well as internal clients. Resident expert on materials, costs and timing for all POP & POS displays and collateral. Very approachable management. Extremely talented and friendly co-workers. The amount of active projects going at once. The freedom to manage my workload as I saw fit.
This is a poor place to work.
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2012
This is an extremely poor company to work for, they are poorly managed, they are racist and they are very segregated. The customer service department is treated like garbage, they handle everything from trouble shooting, processing refunds, setting up customer repairs etc, etc and are only paid $13.50hr. Most companies are paying about 16hr for what they are doing. They bought in a bunch of temps which started out at $13hr and after about 7 or 8 months of stringing them along they finally hired them and reduced their pay to $12hr and they only decided to hire them because a lot of their staff quit after announcing it's move to Aurora. And to add insult to injury they are moving the company to Aurora because they want to add a "New face" to the company meaning there is to many blacks working in the call center. The supervisors are not helpful, the team leads don't want to help and you are pretty much on your own. They only provide a 30 minute lunch and two 10 minute breaks which sucks!!! I wish I never went to work for this company and unless this is a last resort for you I wouldn't advise you to work here either because you will definitely regret it unless you are not working in the call center.
Pros
company sponsored events
Cons
poor pay and poor management
James Dyson is a visionary and creates great opportunities
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2013
Dyson had a month long training i say it should be called a boot camp. I learned how to listen attentively and question skillfully. I also learned to pull out what the customer is trying to say when troubleshooting and maintain a high level of performance in a minimal time. Never missed the paid for performance bonus.
Pros
great helping your focus and communication in general
Cons
low pay for work, did not like the way they gave short notice on move of call center which left me jobless.
Dyson has a typical phone center.
Phone management (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 10, 2014
Dyson has a typical phone center. One would have to get promoted to the Headquarters in Chicago to get anywhere with the company.
Pros
decent part time jobs
Cons
poor opportunity for advancement, very average pay
National Account Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIJune 12, 2013
Fantastic technology! Very innovative designs where function drives everything. People are fresh thinkers and are not afraid to fail.
Pros
discounts on technology
Cons
not for those not liking a fast past environment