Dyson

Dyson Employer Reviews

uptight and slow
CNC Lathe Operator/ Bolt Threader (Current Employee), Painesville, OHDecember 3, 2014
Pros: 8 hours of overtime standard
Cons: no appreciation for the hard work you do long days.
slow no work i learned how to set up and and operate a landis bolt threader. The management is not very nice there is never a thank you or a good job its now now now the co workers i work with are amazing they are all great people trying to make a pay check at our under paid job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the management when you get talked down on everyday its hard to enjoy what you love doing. the most enjoyable part of the job is the co workers we try to make the best out of the bad situations and try to laugh the guys i work with are great.
A great day at Dyson
Customer Service (Current Employee), Aurora, ILNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great company, great product, excellent management team
I come in to work and I check to see who is logged in and ready to take calls. I walk the floor and remind others to be ready to take calls (as soon as phones turn on) and say hello to everyone. Check my emails and write down a priority list. Check my calendar for what is ahead in the day (meetings, etc.) Open the group chat. Get the NPS results from the previous night and talk to the team about our strong suites and areas of improvement. Pull agents of the phones to coach them, do calibrations, or talk to them on how they can improve. Take escalation calls. Answer questions that other agents might have regarding the product, procedures, and/or policies. De-escalate situations. Finish the daily employee expenditure report. Track all the call logs. Email the team any and all necessary updates, changes, and their daily stats. Go to airblade team to cover their lunch. Problem solve what others can't find solutions to. Keep team motivated and upbeat at all times via emails, or the group chats.
Dyson has a typical phone center.
Phone management (Current Employee), Aurora, ILOctober 10, 2014
Pros: decent part time jobs
Cons: poor opportunity for advancement, very average pay
Dyson has a typical phone center. One would have to get promoted to the Headquarters in Chicago to get anywhere with the company.
Fair; If you are a certain group of people
Customer Experience Agent (Former Employee), Aurora, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: excellent products
Cons: call center management
Very racial call center. All of the trainers are of a certain racial background. So is the training manager. Perhaps this is by chance, I think not. Two thirds of the employees are of the same background.
Perhaps this is the theme of the company. I do not think the owner is aware of this!

It is run like a half way house. The dress code is no dress code. Very unprofessional call center. Very low pay for a customer service, tech support position.

Training was very disorganized. Flying by the seat of their pants.

Not the place for someone who is not from the same background.
Keep looking
Marketing (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: discount on cool products
Cons: it's adult day care
Not a fun place to work. Expectation is you dedicate your life to Dyson, that is it s privilege to work there and employees are not valued as assets. There's no training or career development. They constantly look outside the company versus promoting from within. Management constantly changes and the company is a revolving door, the only constant is James Dyson. They try had to create a unique culture, talk about wrong thinking, but it's a typical company at the end of the day. There's no flexibility, so don't come in late or try to leave early. Most people only stay one and most two years, rare to find someone with more than three years experience. Unless they are from the UK.
Productive and talented workplace.
Associate Production Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2013
Fast paced environment. Interaction with all departments and all levels. Management of external vendors as well as internal clients. Resident expert on materials, costs and timing for all POP & POS displays and collateral. Very approachable management. Extremely talented and friendly co-workers. The amount of active projects going at once. The freedom to manage my workload as I saw fit.
Freedom at a technology company
Demonstrator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2013
Pros: great pay, the best employee discount i have ever had, ability to take time off every month
Cons: part time job so no benefits
Dyson was a great company to work for because employees are given a lot of freedom to accomplish objectives. The company pays employees well and the products are fun and easy to sell.
A Steppingstone
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 18, 2013
Dyson is a great company started by an innovator. A typical day at work introduces you to several people eager to register their new "Cadillac of Vacuums". I've learned that the best way to ascertain customer satisfaction is to educate your customers. The hardest part of the job is having to say no. The most enjoyable part of the job is showing a customer how much they can do on thier own. The management team focuses a lot on numbers and often times you feel like a number. That's the only bad part!
National Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), Hudson, WIJune 12, 2013
Pros: discounts on technology
Cons: not for those not liking a fast past environment
Fantastic technology! Very innovative designs where function drives everything. People are fresh thinkers and are not afraid to fail.
James Dyson is a visionary and creates great opportunities
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: great helping your focus and communication in general
Cons: low pay for work, did not like the way they gave short notice on move of call center which left me jobless.
Dyson had a month long training i say it should be called a boot camp. I learned how to listen attentively and question skillfully. I also learned to pull out what the customer is trying to say when troubleshooting and maintain a high level of performance in a minimal time. Never missed the paid for performance bonus.
This is a poor place to work.
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2012
Pros: company sponsored events
Cons: poor pay and poor management
This is an extremely poor company to work for, they are poorly managed, they are racist and they are very segregated. The customer service department is treated like garbage, they handle everything from trouble shooting, processing refunds, setting up customer repairs etc, etc and are only paid $13.50hr. Most companies are paying about 16hr for what they are doing. They bought in a bunch of temps which started out at $13hr and after about 7 or 8 months of stringing them along they finally hired them and reduced their pay to $12hr and they only decided to hire them because a lot of their staff quit after announcing it's move to Aurora. And to add insult to injury they are moving the company to Aurora because they want to add a "New face" to the company meaning there is to many blacks working in the call center. The supervisors are not helpful, the team leads don't want to help and you are pretty much on your own. They only provide a 30 minute lunch and two 10 minute breaks which sucks!!! I wish I never went to work for this company and unless this is a last resort for you I wouldn't advise you to work here either because you will definitely regret it unless you are not working in the call center.
I would not work here or recommend them to anyone.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2012
Pros: 4 day work week, benefits ie: vacation, sick and insurance are all great.
Cons: overworked, underpaid and they treat you like a second class citizen.
A typical work day is a muddled mess of politics and upper management that does not work well together. I learned that I do not desire to work for Dyson moving forward. I met a lot of good people and enjoyed my time here and I have build relationships that are sure to last the sands of time. The hardest part of the job was never getting a consistent message from the top down and the most enjoyable would be the people. I really feel that there are good people that work there but they were not allowed to advance or share ideas so most move on.

About Dyson

Inventors. Heroes. Wrong thinkers. Problem solvers. Dyson is a place for the unconventional. Frustrated with a Hoover that – Read more