The Oracle Applications Programmer/Analyst supports existing applications and develops new application software used by the Finance Department. Application modules include General Ledger, Payables, Project Accounting, Fixed Assets, Property Manager, Purchasing, and iProcurement as well as internally developed applications and 3rd party bolt on applications.The Oracle Applications Programmer/Analyst has a key understanding of the functionality of the Oracle Applications as well as the technical architecture and underlying data model. The Programmer/Analyst provides accurate work estimates and can understand and document processes and requirements. The Programmer/Analyst can develop, test, and modify application software within estimated timelines which meet customer requirements.The Programmer/Analyst will work closely with the rest of the development team and Business users to understand business priorities and provide on-call and after hours support for production systems used by business areas. Additionally the person in this position will provide technical leadership as required to other team members.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Obtains an understanding of the business's needs and translates those needs into process and requirements documents.
2) Develops, tests, and modifies Oracle Financial applications; programs or configures systems to meet user requirements
3) Analyzes Oracle Application patches and upgrades in order to coordinate releases to production for ongoing support
4) Troubleshoots Oracle Financials and iProcurement production issues
5) Proposes technology solutions to business problems
6) Produces technical and user documentation for all applications created within the department
7) Provides technical leadership on small to medium sized projects
8) Provides technical guidance to less experienced programmer/analysts
9) Provides on-call and after hours support for production systems
10) Acquires or enhances application expertise, keeping up with evolving programming, analysis and database technology
11) Champions, communicates, and models the Core Values in all activities
12) Enthusiastically collaborates with business partners to ensure
Mission and Core Values are fulfilled
1) Must have demonstrated Oracle Application Express (Apex)Development Coding Experience
2) Must be able to develop Apex applications that are directly tied to Oracle Financials data or in adjunct Oracle tables fed from other data sources
3) Experience with Oracle JDeveloper, Java development, and Oracle Application Framework
4) Proficient in the use of Database Development Tools (i.e. PL/SQL Developer, TOAD, etc)
5) Demonstrates a history of proactive orientation toward troubleshooting, problem solving, and quick thinking with a sense of urgency
6) Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
7) Strong analytical skills. Assimilates information quickly, communicates complex requirements and issues clearly and concisely.
8) Must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced dynamic team-based environment.