E*Trade Financial

E*Trade Financial Employer Reviews

Ok, company
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 25, 2014
It was Ok, while they were in Charlotte. They did well in caring about their employees while they were here but I think they grew to fast. Good company
Productive and Loud Environment.
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: free coffee, tea, and pastries in the mornings.
Cons: making a mistake could be very costly.
The day at the call center began with a cup of coffee. Then, it was down to pick up our assignments. Next, it was off to the races, on the computer answering phone calls and emails.

I learned how to buy and sell stock on the market.

Management were great to work with and always energetic and helpful.

My co-workers were a lot of fun, and they all – more... had stories to tell.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with other people's money.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people save, and make a lot of money. – less
Productive company
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMay 4, 2014
Pros: future giant
Cons: nothing
Good colleagues, fun working, I wish project was never ended
Great Company
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 30, 2014
The company offers fast growth. Your opportunities within the company are endless.
Fast paced and great environment to work in.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTApril 23, 2014
Pros: learned more in this job than any college class i took.
Cons: it is a desk job where you answer phone calls all day long.
- In a typical work day I would answer calls from our clients and assist them with account related issues and their tax questions they may have. I would also educate the clients on what's happening in the market and how to place market orders for stock, ETFs and Mutual Funds. I would also place orders for the less experienced clients as well.
- I learned – more... an amazing amount of information in the finance industry with this job, it is where I obtained my series 7 & 63 financial licenses. Now I have a great understanding of the basics for investing and the laws in the industry.
- Management and my co-workers for E*Trade are great. It is a really open environment where everyone tries to assist each other with complicated problems. Managers also work well with people to fit their work schedules around their home lives.
-The hardest part of this job was answering really complicated investment and tax questions for our clients. However E*Trade has a great support system of managers and specialty departments that are always willing to assist you in finding the right answer.
-The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to educate our clients on investment strategies and how to place defensive market orders. – less
very laid back
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, North CarolinaApril 17, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: laid off
typical day answering 30 45 calls daily regarding credit issues
Feast or Famine
Engineer (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 15, 2014
Good people, good tech, fast pace, great pay, and brutal hours.
LOSS MITIGATION
DE Underwriter, Loss Mitigation Team (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 19, 2014
MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER
CREDIT ANALYSIS
INCOME ANALYSIS
TITLE REVIEW
COLLATERAL REVIEW
A lot of good people here
Customer Service/Options and Securities Principal (Current Employee), Sandy, UTMarch 4, 2014
A lot of good people here but management is driving people out in droves.
Work is interesting but talent at the management level is poor. No career advancement and directions.
Chief of Staff/Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Challenging and educational
Associate Finical Service Rep (Former Employee), Sandy, UTFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: high paid training.
Cons: if you fail the series seven exam you are fired.
Classroom and computer based training for the series seven brokerage exam. I learned a lot about the world of investment banking and financial service. Th hardest part of the job is training for the series seven exam.
Learned a lot about Financial Services
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: learn alot about financial services and banking
Cons: company felt fledging and operating very near bottom line. call center work.
Had opportunities to learn about markets and banking. We thought the company would go insolvent during my employment. Seems managment is top heavy with youth vs. experienced workers. Salary appears common for the position. Not enough opportunity for other positions.
BEWARE
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), GeorgiaJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: you'll have a job some people are cool
Cons: underpaid, not flexible
My manager tried to fire anyone that was black.

They underpay, and it's a place people go if they don't have a job in the financial industry
Analysis Focused
Fraud Prevention Strategist (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJDecember 23, 2013
Fraud Policy Development and Implementation
Vendor Management
Data Mining and Analysis
Investigations and Root Cause Analysis
Wonderful work enviroment great company to work for
Internet Specialist (Former Employee), Hiram, GADecember 23, 2013
Pros: free coffee!
Cons: i missed my family back home, no local friends
I enjoyed working for Etrade. They were located in Atlanta GA, and I had moved there by myself and lived alone. Typical work day was addressing customer concerns and helping them with technical support related issues. Co workers where all college educated and a pleasure to work with. Hardest part of the job was to not drink too much of the free cappuccino – more... coffee. The most enjoyable part of the job was the impressive campus and work environment, and the positive attitude of management and coworkers alike. – less
Ok for a fast paces introduction to the securities industry and trading
SENIOR FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 11, 2013
Pros: learning about the industry
Cons: call center environment, fast paced and serious environment
Customer service is a high volumn non stop call center
New to industry learned alot
Management was ok
productive fund and ping pong tournament
Restricted stock (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: pot luck lunch where everyone brought in a dish
Cons: all work and no play
an enjoyable work place with caring co-workers. supervisor was pain to get along with, but it was my co-workers that got me through the day
QA Analyst/Tester
QA Analyst/Tester (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 11, 2013
Worked as QA Analyst/Tester on the Web Based Projects EDTS (Equity Desk Trading System)
PTMS (Portfolio Trading Management System) for the On-line Brokerage Etrade. Etrade specializes as a premier On-line brokerage service catering to various small, medium investors and its regular clients to trade in Stocks, call and put Options. Application provides – more... users with a capability of On-line trading, maintaining their portfolios, Stocks and Research Quotes, Updated markets news of the Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives. The project involved testing the functionality, integration of various modules and system integrity testing – less
Absolutely incredible work environment
Day Trader (Former Employee), onlineSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: work was made fun.
Cons: recession job cuts
Face paced work environment, boat casino cruises, immense opportunity to meet new people, major accomplishments under team work, constant development of accounting skills, helped enable the motto 'Think fast, think productive, cut loses, increase financial turn over'.
Culture? What culture?
manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2013
The culture of this company can be summed up as "I am the boss and I do whatever I want". HR is useless - they don't listen to worker bees only to managers and up. No confidentiality guaranteed either. Some people work 12+ hours a day and some spend days browsing. If you want to feel unequal employment get in.

1 2 3

About E*Trade Financial

E*TRADE is an innovative financial services company offering a full suite of easy-to-use online brokerage, investing and related – Read more