E*TRADE Financial Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 8, 2017
The management at the Alpharetta location fostered an incredibly hostile workplace. They will micro manage your every move and blow little things out of proportion. Don't get sick or they will punish you for it. I can't get into the specifics, over personally identifiable information, but let's just say that my parents wanted to sue them after I quit. Just couldn't handle the bs anymore. I would say it is a good place to get your 7 and 63 licenses and then bounce, as I did.
Associate Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 8, 2017
A typical day at work involved 35-50 inbound calls regarding a wide variety of financial questions.

I learned a lot about the stock market, and the financial industry.

Management was for the most part there for you and always willing to help you do your job.

The workplace culture was good as they gave reasons to enjoy ,eals and treats. The company treated their employees well.

The hardest part of the job was the knowledge base (their database for information) was not very intutive.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with clients all over the country with their financial questions.
Sell Managed Money...or Else
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2017
The focus on the company, and you, is managed money. Sell it or else you will not be there for long. Multiple changes in compensation structure make you unsure of how you will be paid. Commission and Production reports are impossible to decipher to determine if you are getting paid for what business you do write. Hard to sell managed money when their robo product is being pushed at 1/3 the price.
Pros
Benefits, Base Salary
Cons
What have you done for me lately mentality
Engaging Workplace with great co-workers
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 30, 2017
E-trade financial was an awesome experience that provided me with a great opportunity to get my foot in the door at a large corporation. Great environment and co-workers that made the job enjoyable and productive.
Excellent workplace enviorment
Analysy (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 25, 2017
Great place for team building. The management really cares for it's staff. Plenty of room for advancement. A place where you can take your talents to the next level.
Pros
Management really cares for people!
Great place
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 21, 2017
Learned a lot, and I met some really great people. There was outside circumstances that led to my lay off but If that didn't happen I would still be there.
good place to learn but poor work life balance
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 20, 2017
The company has high turnover. It has a lot of initiatives but not enough resources and poor priorities. However, it is a good place to learn and provide plenty of opportunities for someone who just graduates from college and/or someone who would like to move up fast, similar to a big 4 firm environment.
Good company, is what you make of it.
Senior Executive Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 19, 2017
Good company to work for and it's up to you to chart your own career path. I've had some great managers over the years that believe in helping you get to the next level in your career. I've also had some terrible managers that only believe in themselves and not your well being but that's with any company. So it's all about what you make of it.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Ok benefits
Great company
Senior Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I was here for almost 4 years and was attending college the entire time. I left just before graduated to find a role in information security, which is what my degree was in.
Decent Place to be
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 18, 2017
Good place to start but if you want to move up i suggest changing companies. 2 years max get the experience and move on. Management needs work. Culture in the office is non existent.
Pros
free lunches, softball league, weekend events
Cons
weak management, cuture is not there, every man for themself
My summary
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 16, 2017
A typical day consisted of contacting my clients within my book of business and making new prospective client calls.

I learned that I really enjoy helping people secure their financial
goals.

Great workplace culture.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with emotional clients when they don't think rationally about their money.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you're helping
clients achieve their financial goals.
Pros
Free Lunch often
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Decent Place to work
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2017
Decent Place to work - Okay technology, good vision, good management - needs to step up their game to match other competitors however. Okay pay plan for the FC.
great people
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJuly 10, 2017
Loved the team and people. Management keeps changing and and organization was in the mitz of a reorg. Unclear where it's going to end up. Work life balance was unclear.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Job security
Workplace
Sr. Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 5, 2017
Fast paced, but very stressful. Great people and managers make everything better. The work days can be long due to the amount of calls taken and situations.
Pros
People
Cons
Stress
Contracted by TSR
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 27, 2017
Please be weary of TSR and E*TRADE; you will not be transition into a full time E*TRADE Employee. It's all lies, They want you just to work during their busy tax season. You are just needed for the interregnum
Pros
Free Coffee and Tea
Cons
Everything else
Worst company I've ever worked for
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2017
E*TRADE is a disaster as a business. They have very little financial acumen despite selling investments. When I was working there the entire management team was fired. I'm amazed they're still in business and I doubt it will be for long.
Well structured work environment with room to move up fast if you're a go getter
Licensed Associate Financial Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 24, 2017
This is a inbound call center position with 2 15 minute breaks and a 45 minute lunch break. Pay is hourly and is set among your peers with annual pay increases. Annual bonus and opportunities to win challenges for awards. Occasionally can sign up for over time which pays 1.5x. Management seems lazy and not willing to make changes to better the firm. Granted i have learnt more working for etrade in 15 months than i ever have in college its a "foot in the finance door" firm where most move elsewhere after 2 years.
Pros
Lots of overtime potential and move up fast
Cons
short break, stingy on being late, difficult clientele.
Over all positive there as a temp employee
Financial Services Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 6, 2017
Very disappointed in how the relationship of being hired as a contract employee and no opportunity to be hired permanent was followed through. Many promises made by company were not honored and not handled in an ethical manner.
Pros
Overall people work there were very positive
Cons
Company did not keep their word on promised made upon hiring
Excellent Company
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 5, 2017
Great company to work for, the employees are very friendly. Someone is always available to answer questions related to work.

The commute was very convenient and comfortable.
Mail Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 31, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Etrade. It's a great place to work. The people there are exceptional and very professional. I would highly recommend it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E*TRADE Financial. Our community is ready to answer.