E*Trade Financial Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work with a ping pong table
Senior Manager - Marketing (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 18, 2016
Great people. Challenging work. Continual changing environment that is under constant transformation losing track of all the people always leaving the company.
Decent starter company to work for. Get your licenses and then leave
Senior Stock Plan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 17, 2015
There is a huge disconnect between the customer service side and the corporate services side. The customer service side (Financial Services Representative) is the worst. It's pretty much a highly micromanaged, sales, call-center job. Your breaks are scheduled, your lunches are scheduled and you pushed to get what they call "leads" or you'll be frowned upon in the company.

I've worked on both sides of the company. I currently work on the corporate services side which is slightly better than the service side, but our technology is very dated. We've become very reactive in regards to what our competitors are doing rather than being innovative.

Finally, they don't promote people who are smart, work hard, and are clearly the best choice for a position. The promote people based on the "buddy system" and how well you're liked. I've seen people who have below average job performance promoted to higher positions because they were well liked.
Pros
Free coffee, if a rep they tend to offer a lot of overtime
Cons
Highly micromanaged
Awsome and a a very transparent environment
Software Automation Tester (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 11, 2015
Working with e-trade was an amazing experience. It was a very fun and respectful environment since everyone get along and it was a great opportunity to work closely with the developers where i managed to learn a lot of things. This also helped my learn a new tool that involves Java which i am really exited about. My manager was very understanding for which reason i was allocated a time where i could learn Selenium which is a great achievement for me. The hardest part of the job for me was where we had major changes done to the project, which had everyone worried. But i was an environment where everyone was working together at the same pace and very helpful, any change was manageable. i loved working at e-trade and i was one of the best experiences that i had.
Learned a lot about Financial Services
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 28, 2014
Had opportunities to learn about markets and banking. We thought the company would go insolvent during my employment. Seems managment is top heavy with youth vs. experienced workers. Salary appears common for the position. Not enough opportunity for other positions.
Pros
learn alot about financial services and banking
Cons
company felt fledging and operating very near bottom line. call center work.
Not much room for advancement
Retiremen Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey CityJuly 1, 2015
There was no room for advancement. Job was easy and picked up during peak seasons at years end and tax season. The commute is easy to Jersey City using the train. Great location but culture not good in certain departments.
Internal Audit Dept
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 25, 2015
This team is a motley crew of members who have been there for more than several years, along with newcomers that have just joined the team over the last few months. As a result, there is a rift between the two lines of thought, which impacts the audit and departmental efficiencies/approach. While some Managers are fantastic to work with, the Department does have a tendency to promote people who have continued to dig into the Department for more than a few years - as opposed to recognizing talent when it arises.
Pros
Hours are relatively easy
Cons
Management's way or the highway
Very hard working and great people across the nation
Manger - Retail Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2015
A lot of credit goes to my experience with ETRADE. The management was very smart and insightful, co-workers were very upbeat and friendly and the environment allowed me to grow as a manager. It had long hours and rewarding.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Very aggreesive industry which can effect service quality
Close to home, great pay, great benefits, great management
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Moon TwpApril 15, 2012
This job was really great management was always available. If you had any questions they were ready to help,
Pros
close to home, great pay and benefits
Cons
new company, needed to adjust.
Great Place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 29, 2012
I love my job and my day consist of processing loans and doing anything that my supervisor as me to do. My co-workers were great and the most enjoyable part of my job was having christmas parties, different theme parties, and just a great place to work
Pros
benefits, care about employees
E*Trade
Research and Resolution Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 2, 2012
Was a great starting point in my career within the financial industry. Not much room for growth. They expected alot and provided little. Compensation was ok.
Technical Training Specialist
TECHNICAL TRAINING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 29, 2012
Coordinate and manage employee stock options benefit programs. Develop educational PowerPoint presentations detailing employee benefits information and deliver this information in a clear and concise manner that is easily understood.
good company branch management needs improvement.
Relationship Manager / Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 13, 2012
Its a good company with good benefits however the current
branch manager in Fort Lauderdale makes the job more difficult than what it needs to be.
You can compete in sports leagues with co-workers.
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 24, 2013
E*TRADE is a team environment with people who are willing to help you accomplish a task.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short lunches
Great people, Great environment
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 22, 2015
Most of the day was spent assisting clients over the phone. Managerial and educational meetings would take place a few times per week. Supervisors and Managers are very well trained, and I highly approve of the CEO. The hardest part of the job was the knowledge base and having to answer a wide variety of questions immediately in a phone conversation.
ETRADE is what you make of it
Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 17, 2015
Depending on the department ETRADE can eithe be a great place to work or not so great place to work.

A lot of upper managment promotions, yet lower leve postions it takes years to get out of.
Pros
location- fun things to do close by
Cons
long hours/ bad work life balance- work from home only for certain people
Great Experience
Brokerage Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2015
There was no typical day in this position

I learned so much in this capacity at E*TRADE. I had the opportunity to develop my business acumen and project management skills. Some day to day work would incude my responsibilities:
Designed, established, coordinated and managed overall product direction features and project scope.
Developed business plans for products. Wrote and implemented product specifications and business requirements.
Translated customer/clients needs into new features and services.
Developed product strategy for online services.
Established processes for product release.

These skills allow me to have a better "big picture" in subsequent positions that I have held.

Management was great

Co-Workers were highly skilled and full of useful information and a pleasure to work with.

Hardest part of the job would include high stress, impossible deadlines that we all would manage to meet somehow, hours without sleep, parking in San Francisco, and trying to stay awake driving home from San Francisco.

The satisfaction of my achievements like:

- Managed SBC DSL Billing Project generating $768,000 revenue annually
- Implemented E*TRADE game project realizing $559,272 annual savings
- Successfully implemented numerous versions of Online Paperless Applications saving $180,700 a year
- Directed integration of newly acquired content provider (ClearStation) into E*TRADE Web Site
Customer Service and Sales
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTDecember 11, 2012
The company starts you out in Customer Service and expects you to feed leads to Financial Consultants. Management focuses mainly on the sales portion while completely ignoring the customer service you are providing. If you do well in sales, you can move to other departments. If you do not provide enough sales leads, they look for ways to make you miserable. Highly micromanaged company. They pay you enough to keep staying at the job, but your advancement is dependent on office politics.
Okay workplace. Lots of room for advancement
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 19, 2015
Okay Workplace. Decent pay, lots of room for advancement. Very micro-managed environment.Co-workers are pretty cool. Pretty young enviornment. Management is alright.
Unknowledgable , complacent managers
Options Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Etrade was a job. The desk was a fun place to work, but stressful . The tools provided were not user friendly. "It was the Etrade way " per the manager. The manager was unknowledgable. If I asked a question, I did not get an answer, I was asked 3 or. 4 questions and never received the answer I was seeking. Despite many positive letters from customers and employees ; the manager never had a positive thing to say. Human resources does not help or protect from bully managers. I had 4 different review process 's in 5 years. When it came to bonus the manager had most of the input . Hopefully your on his goodside.
Pros
helping people
Cons
middle managers . no advancement . low pay .
A place for entry level
Senior Corporate Services (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 10, 2013
This is a good company to get your foot in the door in the financial industry, but not a place to build a career long term. Micro management as well as limited positions for advancement.
Pros
able to obtain certifications, work life balance, easy place to begin your career
Cons
no room for advancement outside of customer service, micro management