E*Trade Financial

E*Trade Financial Employer Reviews

LOSS MITIGATION
DE Underwriter, Loss Mitigation Team (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 19, 2014
MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER
CREDIT ANALYSIS
INCOME ANALYSIS
TITLE REVIEW
COLLATERAL REVIEW
A lot of good people here
Customer Service/Options and Securities Principal (Current Employee), Sandy, UTMarch 4, 2014
A lot of good people here but management is driving people out in droves.
Work is interesting but talent at the management level is poor. No career advancement and directions.
Chief of Staff/Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Challenging and educational
Associate Finical Service Rep (Former Employee), Sandy, UTFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: high paid training.
Cons: if you fail the series seven exam you are fired.
Classroom and computer based training for the series seven brokerage exam. I learned a lot about the world of investment banking and financial service. Th hardest part of the job is training for the series seven exam.
Learned a lot about Financial Services
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: learn alot about financial services and banking
Cons: company felt fledging and operating very near bottom line. call center work.
Had opportunities to learn about markets and banking. We thought the company would go insolvent during my employment. Seems managment is top heavy with youth vs. experienced workers. Salary appears common for the position. Not enough opportunity for other positions.
BEWARE
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), GeorgiaJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: you'll have a job some people are cool
Cons: underpaid, not flexible
My manager tried to fire anyone that was black.

They underpay, and it's a place people go if they don't have a job in the financial industry
Analysis Focused
Fraud Prevention Strategist (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJDecember 23, 2013
Fraud Policy Development and Implementation
Vendor Management
Data Mining and Analysis
Investigations and Root Cause Analysis
Wonderful work enviroment great company to work for
Internet Specialist (Former Employee), Hiram, GADecember 23, 2013
Pros: free coffee!
Cons: i missed my family back home, no local friends
I enjoyed working for Etrade. They were located in Atlanta GA, and I had moved there by myself and lived alone. Typical work day was addressing customer concerns and helping them with technical support related issues. Co workers where all college educated and a pleasure to work with. Hardest part of the job was to not drink too much of the free cappuccino coffee. The most enjoyable part of the job was the impressive campus and work environment, and the positive attitude of management and coworkers alike.
Ok for a fast paces introduction to the securities industry and trading
SENIOR FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 11, 2013
Pros: learning about the industry
Cons: call center environment, fast paced and serious environment
Customer service is a high volumn non stop call center
New to industry learned alot
Management was ok
productive fund and ping pong tournament
Restricted stock (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: pot luck lunch where everyone brought in a dish
Cons: all work and no play
an enjoyable work place with caring co-workers. supervisor was pain to get along with, but it was my co-workers that got me through the day
QA Analyst/Tester
QA Analyst/Tester (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 11, 2013
Worked as QA Analyst/Tester on the Web Based Projects EDTS (Equity Desk Trading System)
PTMS (Portfolio Trading Management System) for the On-line Brokerage Etrade. Etrade specializes as a premier On-line brokerage service catering to various small, medium investors and its regular clients to trade in Stocks, call and put Options. Application provides users with a capability of On-line trading, maintaining their portfolios, Stocks and Research Quotes, Updated markets news of the Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives. The project involved testing the functionality, integration of various modules and system integrity testing
Absolutely incredible work environment
Day Trader (Former Employee), onlineSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: work was made fun.
Cons: recession job cuts
Face paced work environment, boat casino cruises, immense opportunity to meet new people, major accomplishments under team work, constant development of accounting skills, helped enable the motto 'Think fast, think productive, cut loses, increase financial turn over'.
Culture? What culture?
manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2013
The culture of this company can be summed up as "I am the boss and I do whatever I want". HR is useless - they don't listen to worker bees only to managers and up. No confidentiality guaranteed either. Some people work 12+ hours a day and some spend days browsing. If you want to feel unequal employment get in.
Merger issues
Vice President of Information Technology (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJuly 2, 2013
After the merger LoansDirect, ETrade Financial, management changed. There were too changes to the dynamic environment prior to the merger.
Very good team and great place to work.
Senior Staff QA Engineer (Current Employee), menlopark ,CAJune 21, 2013
My daily work schedule is writing selenium/Ruby script for web page testing using SELAF framework and also Selenium webdriver,Eclipse,TestNG test case for Etrade API and also automate the ETPRO testcases using squish automation tool. Analyse the regression automation failure, raise defect in defect management tool or raise itrack in case environment issue. Follow up with the functional QA and rerun the test case and make it pass. Generate reports to upper management on the regression run status (Automation Report) also the collection of productvity report for the team meeting. Handle any adhoc request comes to our team.
Not an encouraging place to work
Senior Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 11, 2013
Pros: accommodations based on hours
Cons: the uneasiness of management
Overall the company itself is okay. I like their concept (the whole trading on-line thing made easy for those whom never traded before). However when it comes to the culture well that's a whole different story. I resent condescending people especially when it's someone you have to report too. A very sarcastic, know it all in their eyes that assume you're inferior to them. I guess I didn't get the memo when I was told they own the company because you would think they do by the way they behave. Management suppose to be people that are easy going and easy to work with. I do not feel they represent that notion, again I am only speaking of the management I interface with. So, if you like to be talked down to as if you are an adolescent, be my guess join the group.
A place for entry level
Senior Corporate Services (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 10, 2013
Pros: able to obtain certifications, work life balance, easy place to begin your career
Cons: no room for advancement outside of customer service, micro management
This is a good company to get your foot in the door in the financial industry, but not a place to build a career long term. Micro management as well as limited positions for advancement.
A Fallen Star...
The Business-Side of Things (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAApril 29, 2013
Pros: website
Cons: "d"-team employees
Best house on the worst block. Company does some things well such as website and branding. Personnel is "uninspiring." Bottom-up driven org where lower levels come up with strategy. Think office-space environment for culture. Pedigree is mostly absent across board.
Challenging
PRODUCT MARKETING LEAD, SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAApril 11, 2013
This review references my experience back in early 2000 before the dotcom bubble. With their high profile Super Bowl ads, the company definitely had a confidence and swagger about it and it started with the very talented marketing team. The work was challenging, the hours were long, but I learned a lot from those around me. I've heard that the culture may have changed quite a bit since, but that's for someone else to comment on...
You can compete in sports leagues with co-workers.
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 24, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short lunches
E*TRADE is a team environment with people who are willing to help you accomplish a task.

About E*Trade Financial

E*TRADE is an innovative financial services company offering a full suite of easy-to-use online brokerage, investing and related – Read more