E*Trade Financial

E*Trade Financial Employee Reviews

Company has survived and heading in the right direction.
Operations Analyst - Principal Review (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 19, 2015
The firm went through a rough patch from 2007-2010, several management changes and current team seem to have us on the right path. Management is excited and positivity has returned.
Inexperienced and unqualified management
Presentation Specialist Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: i wasn't there long enough to find any
Cons: poor management, poor equipment, high turnover
After a week in this temp to perm position I asked my agent to end my assignment as soon as the initial project was complete. This was about 3 more weeks. The next person in this position lasted 2 weeks. The workers try hard but the inexperienced and unqualified management and poor equipment make the work impossible.
In the time I was there, there was a constant stream or workers coming and going.
Unknowledgable , complacent managers
Options Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: middle managers . no advancement . low pay .
Etrade was a job. The desk was a fun place to work, but stressful . The tools provided were not user friendly. "It was the Etrade way " per the manager. The manager was unknowledgable. If I asked a question, I did not get an answer, I was asked 3 or. 4 questions and never received the answer I was seeking. Despite many positive letters from customers and employees ; the manager never had a positive thing to say. Human resources does not help or protect from bully managers. I had 4 different review process 's in 5 years. When it came to bonus the manager had most of the input . Hopefully your on his goodside.
Senior International Stock Trader (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2014
Etrade was a good place to work. We were not part of the main company and were kind of the outcasts as the trading operations of Etrade but we were well compensated and supported pretty well. There was a lot of turnover in senior management which made it harder to figure out how to get things done but overall no complaints. They ended up selling our division in 2014.
Financial Call Center
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTDecember 8, 2014
Pros: healthcare, discounted trading, promotion opportunities
Cons: call center mentality for employee valuation
Life at eTrade is much like any call center -- stats driven, production oriented. Employees are broken into teams and shifts, which are allocated based on one's call stats -- the better you are at handle times, the more you are able to provide "Client Engagement" leads to the firms asset managers, the better your stats, and thus your shift. Stats are measured weekly, and failure to make "goal" can result in discipline.

That said, the company offers very competitive benefits, although taking vacations around holidays and during tax season (Jan-April) is very difficult. The company attempts to make the job interesting, and feedback is plentiful.
Interesting projects, culture subdued
Senior Functional Analyst; Product Development (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CANovember 21, 2014
The work here is interesting but my experience is that the culture is a bit dull. In Menlo Park it's quite and very 9-5pm or later.
Boiler room feel with low pay and no advancement
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Cupertino, CANovember 19, 2014
Cons: everything
I'm not going to say much about the company. My views and outlook didn't align with the company's so I decided to leave. The leadership's focus was on their wallets and not taking care of their employees.
Etrade
RISK MITIGATION OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee), Arlington, VAOctober 14, 2014
Great place to work. Wonderful environment, forward thinking team.

Friendly work environment
Fixed Income Representative (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 8, 2014
My responsibilities are to not only coach and develop the Financial Consultants at the branches but also provide fixed income advice to their clients. It’s a unique role because you are engaging both financial professionals as well as high valued clients on a daily basis.
Decent Company
Retirement Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: employee get togethers sponsored by the company, nice work environment
Cons: managers lacking necessary skill and knowledge
Overall a good company. I'm many years removed now and can say it almost had the vibe of a startup. Pay was lacking but they did provide the opportunity to get licensed/credentialed.
Underpaid staff
Analyst (Former Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 8, 2014
This company basically relied on contractors to get the work done. It was a low cost operator and couldn't afford many full time staff. It did give great perks to top heavy employees.
Typical Brokerage
Operations (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2014
Great place to learn brokerage and trading
Internal advancement not important
n/a
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 16, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Ensured that all procedures for sorting and delivering mail was complete, Recorded all discrepancies for checks received by mail, Scanned all incoming mail and filed in database.
Ok, company
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 25, 2014
It was Ok, while they were in Charlotte. They did well in caring about their employees while they were here but I think they grew to fast. Good company
Productive and Loud Environment.
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: free coffee, tea, and pastries in the mornings.
Cons: making a mistake could be very costly.
The day at the call center began with a cup of coffee. Then, it was down to pick up our assignments. Next, it was off to the races, on the computer answering phone calls and emails.

I learned how to buy and sell stock on the market.

Management were great to work with and always energetic and helpful.

My co-workers were a lot of fun, and they all had stories to tell.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with other people's money.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people save, and make a lot of money.
Productive company
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMay 4, 2014
Pros: future giant
Cons: nothing
Good colleagues, fun working, I wish project was never ended
Great Company
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 30, 2014
The company offers fast growth. Your opportunities within the company are endless.
Fast paced and great environment to work in.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTApril 23, 2014
Pros: learned more in this job than any college class i took.
Cons: it is a desk job where you answer phone calls all day long.
- In a typical work day I would answer calls from our clients and assist them with account related issues and their tax questions they may have. I would also educate the clients on what's happening in the market and how to place market orders for stock, ETFs and Mutual Funds. I would also place orders for the less experienced clients as well.
- I learned an amazing amount of information in the finance industry with this job, it is where I obtained my series 7 & 63 financial licenses. Now I have a great understanding of the basics for investing and the laws in the industry.
- Management and my co-workers for E*Trade are great. It is a really open environment where everyone tries to assist each other with complicated problems. Managers also work well with people to fit their work schedules around their home lives.
-The hardest part of this job was answering really complicated investment and tax questions for our clients. However E*Trade has a great support system of managers and specialty departments that are always willing to assist you in finding the right answer.
-The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to educate our clients on investment strategies and how to place defensive market orders.
very laid back
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, North CarolinaApril 17, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: laid off
typical day answering 30 45 calls daily regarding credit issues
Feast or Famine
Engineer (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 15, 2014
Good people, good tech, fast pace, great pay, and brutal hours.
Headquarters