E*TRADE FINANCIAL Employee Reviews

OK place to work with proper work / life balance
Principal Engineer, Security Engineering (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 18, 2016
Good number of smart people who are passionate about their jobs. Relatively flat structure where you can get things done/make a difference if you are willing to put in the effort. Few egos. Limited opportunities for growth.
Depending on the group you can work with some very intelligent and passionate people.
Lead Business Analyst – Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 15, 2016
Depending on the group you can work with some people who have no clue what they are doing. These groups are much more common.
Pros
Great place to learn brokerage firm basics since groups work so closely together
Cons
High turnover of employees
Love the company
Cash Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 7, 2016
Great people, young culture. Do what they can to help you grow as much as possible. Open door policy with management, I feel very comfortable if I need to speak with someone in upper management. The work is a grind and very hard, but if you are a hard worker and detailed oriented you should be fine.
Excellent Team Environment
Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 5, 2016
A typical day is very busy but the teams works so well together that the challenges are achievable. While there are designated titles, my experience has been that it is a flat organization.
Enjoyable job culture
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 2, 2016
E*Trade provides a good work-life balance and tends to hire employees with similar goals and mindsets. I enjoyed my role within E*Trade.
Broker
Fraud Specialist/ Stock Broker FSR Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 24, 2016
Laid off from company twice after being there for a long time. Lack of advancement opportunities. A lot of the work if perform by Manila.
Okay
Licensed Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 17, 2016
Great place to learn about financial market. The trainers are great. you will have to love working in a call center . Time and adherence is ultra important. You could potentially lose your job for being 3 minutes late.
A Dynamic Person's Dream Come True
Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2016
The company has always been dynamic since at least it's .com days and the culture persists. If you enjoy change then look no further.
Pros
No two days are ever the same
Cons
Unclear career path
Healthy work environment.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Providing corporate training in new technologies.
coworkers are sharing and helping each other and growing as team.
Managers always ready to share functional knowledge with team and making team as strong.
Fun place to work with a ping pong table
Senior Manager - Marketing (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 18, 2016
Great people. Challenging work. Continual changing environment that is under constant transformation losing track of all the people always leaving the company.
Great introduction into Financial Services
Trader- Global Trading (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 12, 2016
Great Financial Services/Technology company to work for. When the company was smaller the work atmosphere was almost electric.
Great
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 8, 2016
The company no longer exists, but I was able to make a positive impact on the lives of many children and the management was also great.
Financial Services with an International Presence
Senior CRM System Administrator and Architect (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 31, 2015
Excellent people, strong leadership with above par compensation for professionals in the realm of Financial Services. If you like working for a winning team, you will enjoy E*TRADE Financial Services thoroughly.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Opportunity is Everywhere
Enjoyable Atmosphere
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2015
My job would consist of greeting clients and assisting them with check deposits, wire transfers, Account transfer forms. I was able to teach clients how to use the Etrade website for their individual needs. But I loved meeting new people and connecting them with the right financial consultant to help them. I also loved making their day easier by ensuring all paperwork was filled out properly and just listening.
Pros
Free lunches and not working weekends any more
Cons
Needed a brokers license for a basic customer service position.
Awsome and a a very transparent environment
Software Automation Tester (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 11, 2015
Working with e-trade was an amazing experience. It was a very fun and respectful environment since everyone get along and it was a great opportunity to work closely with the developers where i managed to learn a lot of things. This also helped my learn a new tool that involves Java which i am really exited about. My manager was very understanding for which reason i was allocated a time where i could learn Selenium which is a great achievement for me. The hardest part of the job for me was where we had major changes done to the project, which had everyone worried. But i was an environment where everyone was working together at the same pace and very helpful, any change was manageable. i loved working at e-trade and i was one of the best experiences that i had.
Good Job
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Balston Commons VirginiaAugust 4, 2015
Learing about RV and Boat loans was interesting. Learning about interest rates was an experience all their own. Learning about trading was fun.
Pros
lunches
Cons
breaks
Sales, Sales, Sales
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  AlpharettaJuly 31, 2015
You are given great training to pass the tests, after that, you basically learn as you go. Its a great start to the industry so that you can learn the basics, but once you get inside there's no real room for advancement. There's certainly not many women in the company and you do hear a lot of that. The environment is very laid back. The biggest piece of your job is sales. You can have some managers that seem to threaten your job every day for not meeting sales goals. You have to be sales oriented to be truly successful and is the only way to be recognized in the company.
Pros
Overtime is mostly available, lots of room to move to different departments
Cons
no real advancement, no employee appreciation
Aggressive Sales Goals
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 30, 2015
A typical days consists of 50 outbound sales calls to clients and prospects.

I enjoy working one on one with clients helping them plan and realize their financial goals.
Great people, Great environment
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 22, 2015
Most of the day was spent assisting clients over the phone. Managerial and educational meetings would take place a few times per week. Supervisors and Managers are very well trained, and I highly approve of the CEO. The hardest part of the job was the knowledge base and having to answer a wide variety of questions immediately in a phone conversation.
Decent starter company to work for. Get your licenses and then leave
Senior Stock Plan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 17, 2015
There is a huge disconnect between the customer service side and the corporate services side. The customer service side (Financial Services Representative) is the worst. It's pretty much a highly micromanaged, sales, call-center job. Your breaks are scheduled, your lunches are scheduled and you pushed to get what they call "leads" or you'll be frowned upon in the company.

I've worked on both sides of the company. I currently work on the corporate services side which is slightly better than the service side, but our technology is very dated. We've become very reactive in regards to what our competitors are doing rather than being innovative.

Finally, they don't promote people who are smart, work hard, and are clearly the best choice for a position. The promote people based on the "buddy system" and how well you're liked. I've seen people who have below average job performance promoted to higher positions because they were well liked.
Pros
Free coffee, if a rep they tend to offer a lot of overtime
Cons
Highly micromanaged

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E*TRADE FINANCIAL. Our community is ready to answer.