E & J Gallo Winery Employee Reviews

Great place to work for the locals
Modesto Ops Cellar Sanitation Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 12, 2017
Have the opportunity to wear multiple hats on any given day. Although preached, company just falls short on true leadership and performance based promotions.
November 13, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. If you are open to it, we would like to better understand your comments around leadership and promotion opportunities. We want to make sure your thoughts are heard. We encourage you to confidentially contact us at feedback@ejgallo.com to continue the conversation.

Good marketing experience
Other Sales Representative Positions (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 11, 2017
Working at Gallo, I learned a great deal about marketing and distribution. I launched several new lines of wine, including Bartles and James wine cooler. I came in 1 or 2 in many of the sales contests there by opening up accounts.
Pros
Marketing experience
Cons
No formal training at the time.
November 14, 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear your experience at Gallo was a positive one. Cheers!

Great Place to Work
Account Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2017
Great Place to work at! Family centered and competitive. The people are great. Expectations (for sales) can often be a little out of hand and unrealistic. Overall - great company!
Pros
The culture, the competition, Fast Paced.
Cons
Fast Paced
November 7, 2017

Thank you for your review! We are continuously looking at ways to improve the employee experience and this includes setting expectations and ensuring manageable work loads. We appreciate your insight! Please keep the feedback coming.

amazing
Seasonal Maintenance Mechanic Intern (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CANovember 4, 2017
gallo is a place where anyone would love to work, a place where Id love to stay but i was just an intern and i have to leave but i will one day come back with more experince and form part of this amazing team once again
November 6, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're so glad you enjoyed your internship here and we look forward to seeing you again. Cheers!

Fast Paced Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 29, 2017
Gallo is not for those who want to coast by in their job. This company is fast paced and all employees that are successful know how to run and gun. It is a competitive culture and you will only thrive if you work your butt off.
October 31, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback! Cheers!

Creative environment working on the best product - wine!
Creative Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 23, 2017
My job is to develop new products (well, the packaging at least) and sell our wines to a broader audience - how cool is that?

Hours are generally 8-5. As a manager, I spend about 6-8 hours/day in meetings, creative presentations, etc.

I work with a group of thoughtful, smart, strategic, responsible, talented, considerate people.

I have utmost respect for my clients and the creative leadership team, even if I don't always agree with their decisions.

Developing client and cross functional relationships are extremely important to organizational success.

Many managers truly care about people development, succession planning, and achieving institutional goals.
Pros
Family friendly, great leadership, great benefits, great people
Cons
Modesto, job advancement can be slow in some areas, conservative atmosphere, can be tough for commuters and single people
October 24, 2017

We appreciate all of your feedback and all that you do. We will continue to look for ways to improve and reviews like yours, help us gain valuable insight. Thank you!

Great work environment
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livingston, CAOctober 20, 2017
Excellent work environment. Great place to learn and develop skills, in leadership and teamwork. Allows one to grow both at a professional and personal level.
Great Training Ground
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CASeptember 27, 2017
If you plan on remaining in retail sales in the alcohol beverage industry then Gallo is the place to start. They reward hard work. However, if you want to make more money then use what you learned at Gallo and go elsewhere.
September 29, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. While we are glad to hear that you feel we reward hard work (and we certainly agree), our ultimate goal is for our employees to grow their careers at Gallo. We work hard to provide employees with comprehensive training and competitive compensation packages as we know investing in our employees is key. Thanks again, best of luck with your new company!

Good job for area
Machinist/ Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Livingston, CASeptember 27, 2017
Good paying job, benefits options would be nice to have, as a union member you only have one choice and its mediocre coverage at best. As far as the company, they try to keep up with changes and are constantly growing. They reimburse education and do allow for growth as an employee as long as you're qualified for position. Management organization could be improved, but it's not really a deal breaker. All in all, it's not a bad place to work and get good experience.
Pros
Pay, coworkers, wine discounts and prizes
Cons
Health benefits, micro management
September 29, 2017

Thank you for your review. It’s employees like you that help us to continuously improve. We’re glad to hear that your overall experience at Gallo has been positive! Regarding Union health coverage, I recommend reaching out to your Union representative to discuss your concerns and options. They are best equipped to assist you. Another option would be to reach out via feedback@ejgallo.com and we will confidentially route you to the appropriate individual.

Manufacturing/Production
Production/Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 22, 2017
Fast paced company. Great company over all, and fun industry to work in.
Defientely a lot of opportunities for professional growth, just need to adjust to companies culture.
Pros
Company Culture overall, benefits, wine, ability to experiment with other roles out of your background or expertise.
Cons
Management/Leadership
September 25, 2017

Thank you for your review. We value all feedback as it helps us continue to improve. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Representative or to email us feedback@ejgallo.com to discuss your specific concerns. Please keep the feedback coming.

Fast paced and exciting
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 11, 2017
Gallo treats it's employees well with many benefits and excellent compensation. In return, they expect hard work and dedication 110% of the time. The Modesto campus is a hidden jewel and a lovely place to work. Personnel from executive to the security team is top notch and courteous to all. It is a very fast paced job with high expectations, but the payoff and advancement potential is worth the time and effort. They invest in training employees of all levels in skill needed for their position and beyond. Hardest part of the job was constant deadlines and coordination of working with many different departments to complete tasks. Best part of the job was the immense pride when a task was completed!
September 20, 2017

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review regarding your experience at Gallo. We are so glad that your experience was a positive one and wish you the very best in your future career endeavors. Cheers!

Excellent Work Life balance
IT Lead/Business Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 6, 2017
Gallo is a great company to work for with excellent work life balance. The work culture is great. Work force is smart and enthusiastic about working for Gallo.
September 20, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for us. We really appreciate it and thank you for all of your hard work. Cheers to you!

Fantastic co-workers in the IS departments
Programmer Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 3, 2017
Mostly sit in a cubicle, but the coworkers and management were extremely approachable and helpful. The workplace culture was very friendly and encouraged success. This job was completely enjoyable and had no "hardest" parts.
September 5, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It is much appreciated! We are so glad that you had an enjoyable IT Internship experience and we hope that you will continue to consider Gallo in the feature. Cheers!

My team leader at that moment was excellent. Team leaders before that was so terrible and unethical.
Sanitation Worker/Advance Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 29, 2017
Management is so terrible. These HR Representatives we're very inconsiderate a family situation. These HR reps are not for the Union workers they are for the company. 👎
My co-workers were the best I ever had. Great team work.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Management 👎
September 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We continuously strive to create a positive work environment for all employees. We take your comments seriously and would like to better understand your experience. Please contact us at feedback@ejgallo.com to continue the conversation.

It's a good place to work great pay
Gauger (Current Employee) –  Livingston, CAAugust 17, 2017
Gallo is a great place to work. The only downside is that we didn't get enough days to work. Not much room for advancement especially in my Dept. The employees are easy going, the work isn't very hard either..
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not enough days to work
August 21, 2017

We're happy to hear that you are enjoying your time at Gallo. Thank you for leaving a review. Cheers!

Productive work place
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAAugust 12, 2017
A great place to learn about the wine industry and start your career if this is the path you desire. Like any job it is what you make of it, if you go in with the right attitude you will do well
August 15, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your positive attitude. It's employees like you that make our company culture what it is and we appreciate all that you do!

Great pay and benefits
Bottling Lean Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 2, 2017
Gallo provides excellent pay and benefits for all of its employees. It is one of the highest paying companies in the area. The operation is huge, fast paced, and runs 24/7.
August 7, 2017

Thank you for your review. We strive to make our employees work and personal life better through the various programs we offer and it's great to hear we're on the right track. Cheers!

Great place to work!
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 2, 2017
Gallo is a great place to work. The HR department is full of helpful and team oriented people who want each other to succeed.

The growth potential within the company is promising, with several opportunities to grow.
August 7, 2017

Thank you for your helpful feedback. We read every review and appreciate your comments!

Productive and fun place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 27, 2017
Great place to work, here locally. great opportunity for advancement. great leaders and managers. love the family oriented culture. Great co-workers. awesome company gatherings.
July 28, 2017

We're so happy to hear about your positive experience. Thank you for your hard work and for your time in writing this review. Cheers!

Sales Representative Southern California
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 18, 2017
If you are fresh out of college and looking to get sales experience Gallo is a good company. It has renown training and will make you look appealing to a potential employer. Very hard to advance but a fast moving company.
Pros
53.5 Cents a mile
July 24, 2017

Thanks for your honest feedback, we appreciate it. If you'd like to discuss your feedback further, please contact us at feedback@ejgallo.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E & J Gallo Winery. Our community is ready to answer.