Field Service Technician – E-Finity Distributed Generation
THE POSITION: Provide field service support to E-Finity’s customers in support of Capstone’s Turbine generators and accessories
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot, repair, and service Capstone Turbine equipment and accessories.
- Interpret Operations manuals, work packages, field procedures, line-ups, drawings and specifications, field action requests and other technical work instructions relative to support of Capstone’s turbine equipment and accessories.
- Perform on-site power plant commissioning.
- Complete all documentation associated with service and commissioning of Capstone Turbine equipment and accessories in a timely manner.
- Meet schedule and budget as provided by management.
- Present yourself professionally on every site visit.
- Ensure the proper and safe use of equipment, procedures and field processes.
- Review and recommend changes to field repair procedures, if appropriate.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for tool inventory
- Properly maintain service vehicles and turn the associated paperwork over to management.
- Communicate daily activities and site status updates to Customer Service management.
Desired Skills & Experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong Electrical knowledge, particularly in the areas of 3 phase AC, high voltage DC and power electronics
- General knowledge of computers including Ethernet networking
- General knowledge of PLCs and relay logic
- Strong mechanical background and the ability to read mechanical schematics
- Safe rigging knowledge
- Effective communication skills, written and oral
- Must be willing to work overtime on demand to support customer issues.
- Must be willing to travel
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have a valid and clean driving record
- Must have access to Internet at home
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in related technical field, preferably electrical or electronics engineering Will consider relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- Relevant military experience a plus
- Minimum of 3 years in an electrical environment.
- Work is normally performed at a customer location.
- Frequent heavy lifting
- E-Finity is a national organization and frequent travel is required
- Site locations can be remote and isolated
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection, FR clothing and hard hat are required to be carried to every site (all equipment provided or paid for by E-Finity).
- Other PPE may be required for specific site visits. Equipment and training will be provided by E-Finity.
- On-site field work in various conditions both in terms of weather, noise, and site activity.
E-Finity Distributed Generation is the exclusive Mid-Atlantic and Southeast distributor for Capstone Turbine Corporation and an active member of the distributed generation and combined heat and power community. They actively promote energy solutions by designing, integrating, and maintaining Capstone’s air bearing turbine technology to create low emission, highly reliable power plants. Headquartered in Philadelphia, E-Finity has offices in Clarksburg, WV, Washington D.C. and Orlando, FL. Capstone turbines have been providing customers with reliable, independent power solutions since 1988.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
E-Finity Distributed Generation is the exclusive Mid-Atlantic and Southeast distributor for Capstone Turbine Corporation and an active...