E-Loan Employee Reviews

Pioneers of online lending
Pre-Approval Specialist (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers
Cons: They're no longer in business
As a Pre-Approval Specialist with E-Loan, I used probing questions to complete a financial picture. I performed debt-to-income ratios, I reviewed the clients’ credit history, and awarded them with a pre-approval letter, which they could then print and present an offer. I am very detail oriented and will be able to track outstanding items, maintain a pipeline, and follow up with customers in order to obtain supporting documentation. I will be able to prepare accurate cost estimates for borrowers with points, appraisal, government, and title fees so that they will know exactly what they will have to pay.

I learned about mortgages, about the home buying process itself, home equity loans and lines of credit, and about the Pre-Approval process.
Productive and ground breaking
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: being accepted for intelligence and any ideas to better the company were appreciated.
Cons: the company sold out to the bank of porto rico and moved to new jersey
This was the most fun one could have at a job. Answering phone's and helping customers understand what their mortgage was all about and the life long commitment they have agreed to. Management was cool and very understanding. Co-workers after a while most became like family. Keeping up with the Dow and mortgage rates changing several times a day.
Dot Net Developer
Dot Net Developer (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 15, 2014
: E-Loan is North America's highest ranking online financial services company specializing in Home Purchase, Home Refinance, Auto Loans, Auto Refinance, Home Equity and Personal Loans. This project generates reports about the loans passed daily/weekly/monthly. It also filters the clients whose installment date has been passed but the client has not paid the installment. This project provides Role level security to its users.
Productive but casual lending environment with great potential for personal growth
Document Preparation Department Lead (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great training, fun environment and free food
Cons: high stress due to daily deadlines
A typical day at the office meant that we would be auditing in upwards of 150 2nd mortgage loan document sets within an 8 hour period. There was always a deadline and sometimes it meant driving to the overnight depot to assure that documents made it out to a client as promised. Although we worked within set lending guidelines there was always a new regulation or exception to the rule to learn and implement. The management staff was second to none and always willing to assist and stay late along with the staff. It was easy to make friends in all departments and there was always a celebration among the staff. The hardest part of the job was saying "no" to a 2nd mortgage. The best part of the job was knowing that you were helping someone reach a goal, build a home, get that long over due vacation, become educated and even adopt a child via the equity in their property.
Productive, goal oriented job.
Auto Presentment Validation (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 21, 2014
Pros: great staff and great benefits.
Cons: closed due to the economy.
This was one of my favorite jobs by far. I loved that I worked with such a large company. It gave me so much confidence in myself because it challenged me to meet certain goals everyday. Everyone I worked with was a pleasure to work with. Unfortunately the company closed due to the economy failure.
E-Loan was the best company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 23, 2014
Evevrything about E-Loan was great!****************************************
Senior Loan Consultant (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 15, 2013
Great pay, people, environment, & advancement, too bad they closed their doors.
A cool company to work for.
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 1, 2012
Pros: good pay, good benefits, good severance
Cons: laid off the entire company
I enjoyed the entire E-Loan experience up until they laid off all their Pleasanton employees.
Loved my almost 10 years at E-Loan
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 24, 2012
Pros: almost everything
Cons: two female managers played favorites, really, really badly
Extremely busy, sometimes crazy, but the best job that anyone in mortgage could've had.