e-MDs Employee Reviews in United States

Culture of Favoritism and Selective Discipline
Software Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2015
If you are not a part of a select manager's Favorites, expect to have every rule be applied to you but not everyone else. Their turnover in their Software Support department happens because of the High School attitudes belonging to those in leadership.
Pros
Compensation was great. Even our Customers were great
Cons
Everything listed above
Very poorly managed
General (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2015
I worked for e-MDs for 4.5 years. They have a real problem with upper level management. It was constantly changing making the company seem unstable. They are also very poor at providing their employees with pay raises. In my 4.5 years, I had excellent reviews every year, but only one pay increase. This was pretty much typical for all employees.

They also have unrealistic needs for their employees that travel. I would travel week after week, sometimes coming home on a Saturday, only to be out again the next day.

The company is in constant turmoil and some of their managers got their in "convenient" ways to them, definitely not based on performance.
Pros
Can't think of why I stayed so long
Cons
Poor travel policies, poor compensation
It's okay
Quality Assurance and Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Salaries not competitive. Co-workers are great. It's an okay place to work. The company needs help with communication and smooth operations. Things seem chaotic as a whole. Over worked/under paid is the feeling I get from other co-workers.
Good place to work. Not alot of stress.
Software Support and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2015
The best part of working at e-MDs was we were all a big "family". Everyone supported and helped each other. Unfortunately, with the merger reorganization, alot of good people have been let go which in the long run will hurt e-MDs.
Good for gaining experience
Interface Integration Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Executive management doesn't understand or refuses to address failings in the company. Workloads are overbearing in most departments. The employees are the best part of the company. Most everybody is friendly and easy to work with. Culture is lacking, most employees don't have a favorable opinion of the company. There is the ability to move to different departments when openings are available. This makes it a good place for gaining a wide knowledge base.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
low compensation, poor executive management
friendly and professional work environment
Software Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2014
Very friendly and professional work environment
Work balance personal life
Friendly coworkers
Excellent management
Great industry to be in but....
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, txJanuary 3, 2014
Very difficult to advance. Processes are on the fly. Upper executive mgmt always gets the last word on any decisions. I never received an review or raise on the 5 yrs I was there.
Pros
great industry as far as saas
A healthcare software company that is stressful to work for
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 21, 2013
The overall direction of the company changes frequently and has poor leadership from executives. Most of the people that work for e-MDs are good people but there are a few that make the work environment a really hard place to work.
Pros
working in healthcare
Cons
lack of direction from company leaders, co-workers
Growing company
Corporate Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Education CoordinatorFebruary 21, 2013
Received great experiance with this company from being in a management position to traveling trainer teaching product to clients.
Pros
able to work remote
Good Place To Work
Eportal/IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2013
The culture of e-MDs makes ia great place to work at. I've learned a lot about the EMR and medical industry working here. My co-workers are a lot of fun and very helpful. Management is understanding wihen it comes to family life and needing time off.
Poor upper management
e-MDs (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2012
This was a great company to work for years ago. The company does not value their senior employees. Once the customers are happy, satisfied with the service they are receiving, and have developed a rapport with the agent they start eliminating positions. They also promote people to senior level management that are unprofessional, and who lack company policy knowledge.
Pros
great location
Cons
horrible senior management
Overall good place to work
Implementation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasOctober 22, 2012
Good co-workers
cutting edge industry
hardest part of the job is estabishing expectations
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
lack of professional managment
I love e-MDs !
Inside Sales - Corporate (Current Employee) –  AustinAugust 30, 2012
I have to disagree with the comment that there is no advancement opportunities with this company. I've been with e-MDs for two years, and I have been advanced from Sales support to Inside Sales.

With no clinical background, e-MDs has welcomed me in, afforded me with access to the corporate training professionals who have been crucial to my learning experience.

All in all, a great place to work, wonderful people, excellent management, caring individuals, and clean air!
Pros
advancement opportunities, relaxed work environment
Sold Information Technology Solutions: Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Practice Management (PM)
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2012
Well known HIT company. Favorable reviews with the AAFP and other associations. Growing at 15% year on year
Stupid Interview Process
none (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 28, 2012
This Job has been on the board for years..They are not interested in a Delphi Programmer they are only interested in someone who can give you the answer to every SQL definition in the book. I finally got so frustrated that I told them I wasn't interested in going any futher with the interview process. Any idiot in the world knows that you don't have to memorize definitions to be a programmer... I am not a DBA I am a Delphi programmer and Know all i need to Know about Sql to do my job and do it well..
Cons
the dba that does the interview process and the management that puts up with it
Great Place to Work But.....
Technical Support Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 8, 2012
e-MDs is a decent place to work. The work atmosphere is good as well as team environment. Management is typical of most places that I have worked, pretty standard stuff. I really do not have anything negative to say about my experience with the company. I will say however that it is difficult to advance.
Pros
great co-workers, pretty relaxed work atmosphere
Cons
difficult to advance
They do not participate with Workers Comp
Software Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasFebruary 28, 2012
Do not get injured while on the clock. They do not participate with Workers Comp and will not assist with any medical bills etc.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
poor medical benefits