E La Carte is looking for a talented and passionate VP/Director to help lead the team that is responsible for shaping the next generation restaurant experience. Are you willing to bring your passion about leading technical people to the next level?
Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, release and success of complex technical projects. The position will be customer-facing, working to make sure our solutions and projects are a technical fit and delivered on time. This position is not a pure management position; you are expected to contribute technically to the overall success of the department and the company as needed. The ownership will be yours regarding technical direction, guidance, supervision and management of all product development activities.
- Management of multiple concurrent projects, across local and remote teams.
- Primary interface for the engineering team to the business users, vendors and clients.
- Direct and execute the technology roadmap for all technology.
- Expand existing, and implement industry best software engineering practices.
- Recruit, train, manage and mentor diverse engineering team of web, client, database, server and application developers.
- BS/MS in computer science/engineering or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years front line manager of a team developing products and talent.
- 5+ years strong hands on Java + Python development skills (Django a plus) and experience with Android.
- Demonstrated experience with complex program and project management engagements.
- Strong distributed systems and architecture knowledge.
- Background in Web applications, data mining, information retrieval and multi-tiered systems a plus.
- Knowledge and expertise in building scalable distributed web-based systems including caching, databases, reporting, and scaling.
- Experience with software processes and full software lifecycle, Agile methodology, and Project Management.
- Proficient use and understanding of JIRA, GIT, Jenkins.
- Experience with XML, REST, COM interfaces, machine learning and working with undocumented API's.
- Ability to have a plate of hot fries sit in front of you for hours on end and you not eat them. Not even one.
For immediate consideration please send resume and cover letter detailing your related experience and why you’re interested in joining us with "VP of Engineering" in the subject line.