E. & J. Gallo Winery

E. & J. Gallo Winery Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome place to work, with great people and a great atmosphere!
Gallo Glass Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 26, 2015
I was a College Summer Scholarship Intern which meant that I was placed in a different department every summer. We were usually given an 8-week project to complete and prepare a presentation on at the beginning of every summer.
The departments varied so much, that it's really difficult to explain what a 'typical' day of work might be like. Some days I was in a lab by myself all day running tests on problematic wines; some days I was in meeting and/or conference calls all day trying to secure important information I needed. I'd wager that most days were spent sitting at my computer, doing my best to complete all the tasks at hand.
My co-workers and managers were all awesome! Maybe I was lucky in that regard, but I honest had the best managers I could ask for. All my amazing co-workers were probably the best part of the job. I'd say that the hardest part was having to stop working there, seriously.
Pros
catered lunches, company picnics, great people, employee discounts.
Cons
pretty rough surrounding neighborhoods.
Great place to work!
Contract Administrator & Gtower Acctg. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 25, 2014
Extremely busy work environment,
Time management
Great co-workers, like family.
Extremely long hours at times
The life long friendships, able to work with some really great people and have had some really great mentors.
Pros
excellent benefits and perks
Cons
n/a
Great coworkers
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 21, 2013
My coworkers are really great people. A typical day is spent mostly behind a desk or at meetings. The hardest part of my job is that our company is so large it can be difficult to influence positive changes.
Pros
discounts on wine
Cons
in modesto, too many meetings
Grew professionally so much at this company.
Manager Data Services (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 14, 2013
Gallo Winery gave me the opportunity to learn and advance. They showed confidence in me, and offered opportunities to grow.
fun place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  modesto, caDecember 13, 2012
The Gallo family and it's employees are able to do whatever they want when it comes to running the company and decisions about employees.
Pros
wine
Cons
low salaries
Fun and Professional working environment
Quality Control/Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  ST. Helena, CASeptember 30, 2012
I learn a lot about leadership and enjoy the company culture. Great management team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E. & J. Gallo Winery. Our community is ready to answer.

E. & J. Gallo Winery Reviews by Location