E. W. Wylie Corporation Employee Reviews

Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 18, 2017
I worked here as a Customer Service Representative and enjoyed the work. There were company lunches every Friday, and a good sense of teamwork. I would recommend this company.
Pros
Lunches on Friday, sense of teamwork
October 23, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are grateful for your hard work and what you contributed to helping grow our team-oriented atmosphere.

Great office environment and a really driver-focused trucking company
Load planner (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Wylie, it is a fast-paced environment that is competitive, challenging and rewarding. Management is very transparent through the interview process and with day-to-day expectations.
Pros
Free breakfast weekly, weekly bbqs in the summer, great benefits, involved management staff
Cons
Must be comfortable working on a computer
September 29, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thankful for your time in contributing to our company, and are glad you felt the driver-focused company culture that we have been striving so hard to build and maintain.

Great place to work!
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDSeptember 10, 2017
Wylie's is a fast paced and rewarding place to work. They provide lots of advancement opportunities, great benefits, a fun working atmosphere and the ability to impact peoples lives everyday!
Pros
A Daseke company, weekly bbq's in the summer and great culture
September 29, 2017

We are thankful for your feedback, and are so happy you are benefiting from our hard work in building and maintaining a fun and rewarding work environment!

Lies and Deception are the norm here.
Driver (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, MNFebruary 28, 2017
From the start When I was going through orientation, I had that feeling of deception. Within my first month it all played out like clockwork. Talking to other drivers... they are miserable here. Low pay. Low miles. Lots of waiting (days) for your next load. The paychecks were laughable, especially when you know worked hard that week. Which was one of the few weeks it ever happened. Drivers complain about management. Management complains about drivers. Horrible company. I recommend you keep your distance and let them fail under their own mistreatment and lies towards the drivers. Biggest mistake I've ever made in the trucking industry.
Pros
They give useless propaganda with company logos.
Cons
The useless propaganda they give out like candy pollutes our environment.
September 29, 2017

We take concerns like this very seriously, and are saddened to hear about your feelings.

Most of our drivers average at least 10,000 miles in a month! Our office staff, consisting of customer service representatives, account managers and driver support specialists, work together to make sure that drivers are communicated with honestly, making the best plan to ensure drivers get their home time and the miles to make them successful.

We would encourage anyone who had questions about home time and pay per mile to talk to our expert recruiting team, who makes honesty and communication a top priority with drivers. Our recruiting team can be reached at: 855-387-9405.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

No job security
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJanuary 20, 2017
Their training program is very inconsistent. The turnover in the office is extremely high. Job security is non existent. No opportunity for growth.
September 29, 2017

We are saddened to hear about your feelings, and take concerns like this seriously. This last year, we have made a big focus on one-on-one and team meetings to discuss issues like this and others.

We are also constantly seeking opportunities to train and cross-train our teams, and I am confident that our office environment today is a challenging and rewarding work experience that is committed to providing a driver-focused company culture.

Productive work place.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2016
KLLM offers good benefits and kept me busy. I got to drive across the country and meet new faces while doing my job and seeing new scenery. Great environment and work place.
it wose got job at first but it went bad at last year
driver (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJune 12, 2016
there had did not care about you . thy did not want to do any thing to make you life better.. like i had dish tallgater but thy would not put it on the truck .
Great Company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDApril 10, 2016
I driven for them for over a year, one of the best companies I worked for. I all had good freight, never stressed on getting a load on time. pay was good all but being paid every 2 weeks. equipment was o.k. the battery on there fake a.p.u. never lasted more than a few hours. and trucks are governed at 65. benefits were great. people were great.
Pros
Made money with no stress
Cons
the truck setup, trucks dont idol, and electric a.p.u. are bad.
stay away they lie
x driver (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 8, 2016
I only stayed for 2 weeks was lied to from day one from the recruiter that's would say anything to get you hired to the training pay and the sign on bonus to the so called waiting time you get paid for drivers are still waiting on wait time pay for months you don't get it till they do and there is a lot of waiting to get loaded and unloaded
Pros
still trying to find one
Cons
the lies and excusses
We dont care trucking
Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJanuary 31, 2016
Worked here for About 3 months. Was hired on as a Texas regional driver. Company could only get me to Texas 3 times. All they say is no loads to Texas. Any company that can't get a load to Texas has some kind of problems. Was told on three different loads to drive to get loaded and get loaded on your 10 hour break so they get load picked up on time. But don't care about your dot 10 break. No clue how to get anything fixed from shop. 100% of the stuff I filled out on dvir no one in shop ever contacted me about Includes flat tire. I was told by 2 office employees they have around 300 trucks but hire 400 - 500 drivers a year. Amazing that a company that small can't keep just 300 trucks filled. Every week 10 - 16 new drivers in orientation class. I have 7 - 10 years driving and they paid me 37 cents a mile. That is bottom of the trucking industry pay.
Love this place!!
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJanuary 10, 2016
This is a great place to work. I love the company, the drivers and all of the staff.

They pay well, and they really care about the drivers. The benefits package is great too!

There is a great team atmosphere and people seem to really enjoy working with each other. We are like a family here at Wylie!

Management is awesome. They are always striving to make changes to make the company better than it already is.

One of my favorite things about Wylie are the Friday cookouts in the summer. Each Friday, a team is selected to cook for all of the drivers and office staff. It shows how great of a family we have here.
Pros
Great Benefits and Wonderful People
Cons
Not enough time in the day!
Don't care attitude
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 15, 2015
I started here in October 2015 as experienced driver for the Texas regional runs they had. Well they never told me that they lost so much business in Texas that the regional does all 48 states. After 1.5 months of complaining that i was not getting to Texas I got a 259 miles load and 3 days to get their. Welcome to ew Wylie.
Their Fargo, ND yard is all about the office people. Every Friday the company spends $500 on lunch for the office and shop. Don't bother to do anything for the drivers. Welcome to ew Wylie.
Since I have been here I am not sure how to get anything fixed on truck. Everything I fill out on dot required dvi report at the end of the day, the shop has never contacted me to get fixed, that includes the flat tire.
I have been told several times their are no loads to Texas. Any trucking in the USA that cannot get a load to Texas has some freight or internal problems.
I have 7-10 years of experience and all they pay is 39 cents a mile. That is bottom of the trucking industry.
As I am driving my truck back to Fargo, ND to turn my truck in they turned off my fuel card and said they would not let me fuel to get back to yard. So I gave them the option of service call on interstate for out of fuel or 50 gallons right know. Welcome to ew Wylie.
I have 0 tickets in 10 years. 0 accidents. 0 csa points. And I live in truck. I should be ideal driver for any trucking company but ew Wylie decided to let me go because I complained to much about not getting to Texas on the account I signed up for. Welcome to ew Wylie.
Dont Waste Your Time
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDDecember 11, 2015
Drive a slow truck with serious problems, tell them your truck has issues they don't care pick up the next load. No heat during winter they did get it to the shop and fix it for about a day. Low pay for pulling flatbed even on my best runs i made more income driving dry van. So i left a company looking for better opportunities and only doubled my work load and reduced my income.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
governed truck, low pay, worn down trucks.
not happy with company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 25, 2015
With my experience doing heavy haul, over gross load and oversize load, my experience with these folks was not recognized.
My dispatcher at times doesn't seem to understand what needs to be done, compare what the computer tells her how it works.
I am very dissatisfied with company, driving a slow truck doesn't make deliveries as schedule; not to mention no power when it comes to mountain climbing.
I would not recommend this company to anyone except a new student. They will teach how to properly secure loads, tarp, and chain loads.
Pros
not much to say
Cons
very dissatified with the company
Great Staff
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDMay 8, 2015
Delivering flatbed cargo throughout the United States and Canada. My experiences were not great. I don't care for this company at. Drive a truck that is governed at 15mph below the average speed limit. Truck has super single tires good luck trying not to slide around in the winter driving on icy roads. Because to save a few bucks on fuel and not care about driver safety doesn't sit well with me at all. There are times were you can not even get on the main road with these tires. I was in Denver in bumper to bumper traffic and i was stuck in the middle of the highway tires would not get traction. Pay is pathetic i only earned 7400 in six months work doing twice the workload securing loads and chaining equipment and get paid every two weeks. God forbid one of your trips don't get in on time or there is a mistake you won't see that for another two weeks. My last company i was making average 900 a week and in six months total was 14590 dollars. twice what i made with this company and i was hauling dry van. I personally do not like them at all and found them to not be worth my time.
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Worthless Truck, Super singles, Low Pay
Professional Staff, Friendly People
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDMarch 10, 2015
Drive Flatbed truck with occasional oversize loads at 62 mph. Pic up mainly pipe, CAT, and John Deer loads. Co-workers were great however pay not so much. 34 cpm. paid every two weeks some loads take all week to deliver and wont get paid for them until the next two weeks. They expect you to drive 11 hours every day and keep moving even if you don't have a load assignment and nowhere to park the truck were they route you so when your times up nowhere to park which is getting more difficult to find theses days. Overall trucking is not my thing nor will it ever be again.
Pros
Newer style truck, Friendly Staff
Cons
Super Singles on trucks through snow and ice, Governed Trucks
good in some ways
Company Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJanuary 5, 2015
needs training program for rookies I mostly pulled stepdecks an oversize loads an some not perment loads
Great work environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 16, 2014
-High energy, fast paced
-Multi-tasking is a must
-You can go to management it any question
-This is a place you find a family at work.
-The hardest part of work is multi-tasking.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is that people I get to meet and work with.
Pros
Family atmospher
Cons
Drivers beware-dont go to ew wylie in humble
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 21, 2014
Terminal manager in Humble lost his man card by not taking care of drivers long ago, so you won't find him helpful, just personable when he HAS to be. The dispatcher there in Humble is dishonest, has no time management skills, and will ask you to do some highly illegal things. The training there in Humble is a joke, and it's really just as bad as SWIFT or CR England (if not worse.) The local trainer is not going to build your confidence in the company at all. You will find out the other local flat bed drivers in Houston call him "burnout", because he forgot to release the brakes and drug the trailer til it's brakes caught on fire over on Sheldon road (in front of God and everyone leaving the port.) You can easily spot him since he's the only flatbed you will ever see with his stack on backwards, making it obvious he doesn't know anything about a smoke tarp (chaining or tarping of any kind for that matter). You can't help but laugh. I know I got a good laugh every time he tried to back a trailer and how "professionally" he secures a load. It's all indicative of how the turnover is so high there in Humble, his 9 months driving experience (3 months flatbed) is the best they can do. Most importantly for anyone considering the job, when you do the math the pay averages anywhere from 10 - 15/hr. Considering how hard you will work and how bad you will be treated, you won't be there long either. Take another job. I have never written a bad review of any company I have worked for, but this one had to be written. The reputation Wylie built in Fargo does not reflect the local  more... reputation of the Humble location. Driver to driver, you don't want to work at the Humble location. Driver Beware!  less
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Pay, Hours, Work, Management, Equipment, Parking, Lighting, Unsecure yard, Theft is a problem
Ok, place to work if you don't mind management right behind you.
Permit/Border Crossing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Fargo NDSeptember 20, 2013
I liked the work that I was doing. I enjoyed going online and getting oversized and overweight permits for trucks from most of the states. What really bothered me most was not being able to get the permits from some states in a timely manner. Having drivers sitting while waiting for a state to process a permit is frustrating and there is very little I could have done about it.

I only give this company 3 stars because of the obsessive micro- management. The rest of the work and co-workers were wonderful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at E. W. Wylie Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9