E.ON

E.ON Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Business Analyst Trainee (Current Employee), Nottingham, ENGJuly 25, 2015
Adherence to the work guidelines is crucial. Employees are looked after in a professional manner. I'll recommend E.ON to others as a good work place.
fun and interesting to work for
Customer Service Apprentice, (Former Employee), Griffin court Pheonix park NottinghamJuly 21, 2015
Pros: working directly with customers on a dayily basis
Cons: not being able to put my skills into much practise.
as an apprentice I was given tasks that other advisors where too busy to complete which gave me experience in an office environment and gave my the experience to prioritise my work load as some things where more important to be completed first than others.
at my time with E.ON I have built up my confidence and belief that I can achieve any task set to me with satisfactory outcomes.
Hard work and great people
Resolution Reviewer (Former Employee), NottinghamJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Stressful
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing the complaints of customers in an impartial manner.

I learnt customer service skills and how to be compliant and to be fair with my resolutions while keeping in mind the company regulations.

Staff were a joy to work with. Everyone was willing to help if you were stuck or had a large work load.

Hardest part of the job was to stay detached emotionally from some of the cases

Most enjoyable part of the job was to resolve peoples complaints who had been waiting a long time for a resolution and see that they are now happy and stress free thanks to the work you have done for them.
Not a Good place to work at all
External wall insulation Apprenticeship (Former Employee), ENGJune 11, 2015
Pros: didnt have any free lunch
Cons: everything
I was an apprentice for e.on we were promised pay rises and everything and never got them there was hardly any work to do most of the time we would be sat around and course work we never had help with at all it was just left in a folder for us to do and not explained and we were expected to supply our own tools for the job on apprentice minimum wage.
great job lots of exercise and oportunity to meet new people
Meter Reader (Former Employee), Kingston upon Hull, ENGJune 10, 2015
Pros: loys of exercise with no boss watching over you
Cons: cold weather rude customers
the job of a meter reader is a really good job, unfortunately i was only agency and my time was cut short would love another chance on a permenant contract
A good place to work, but hard to get on.
Sales Support (Current Employee), NottinghamFebruary 25, 2015
E.ON on paper is a great place to work with a good job culture and great benefits. Unfortunately though your experience of E.ON is dependant on the areas of the business you work in and the manager you are under. There are good managers and good teams to work with, but unfortunately the opposite is also true which can lead to an unpleasant working experience. This can be made up by the quality of people that you work with, the compensation you receive and relaxed working atmosphere (once again this is dependant)

Unfortunately career development in E.ON also doesn't seem to something that they can get right. The interview process itself is based off of a points system, which means applicants who have the drive to succeed in the job can lose due to the wording of an answer being off. The questions in interviews seem to also be there just to tick boxes, I've had an example in an interview that I was successful for were a question was read from a sheet which happened to be one of the previous questions worded slightly differently.

Also E.ON has a policy of encouraging sideways moves into other teams as oppose to training junior members of staff or helping them gaining practical experience. This means that people have lost out on a potential step up the ladder due to someone in a similar (or the same) role in another department moving sideways for their CV.

On top of this there is a culture of favouritism in the hiring process which means friends of managers seem to climb the ladder quicker. Steps have been taken to address this but now that means all jobs within E.ON now requires – more... 2 interviews. One with a call centre in HR head office in Germany and another with the hiring manager, and pretty much all decision making in terms of the job has been taken away from said manager. This means that hiring is now based solely off of interview performance, which will just make the problems above much more acute.

All in all, not a bad company to work for, but experience with bad management, and difficulties with movement in the business have really darkened my experience of E.ON. – less
Excellent company to work for.. Just be careful who you speak to!
Customer services specialist (prepayment) (Current Employee), BoltonFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: pay, generous pension, benefits.
Cons: managers, speed of doing things.
E.ON provide fantastic benefits and excellent pay but the managers are very clicky. Your time there will completely depend on your manager. I wasn't progressed for months and within a week of being moved to a new team, I'd progressed to the next level.

You need to be careful what you say in the office and you can't raise a grievance because the section managers and the team managers are all so friendly with each other. If you did, no action would be taken and your time there would be dreadful.

The speed at which things are done is appalling. I waited 6 weeks for my ID card to arrive

I've named a lot of the cons but the pros far outweigh them. The pay is fantastic, there's a lot of room for progression (depending on your manager), it's a pretty laid back environment (again depending of your manager). The work tends to be shift work which changes each week so you probably won't have a wonderful social life but the pay makes up for it!
Overall a good company to work for apart from redundancy
Venue Consultant at e.on (Former Employee), Nottingham, ENGJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: salary, benefits, working environment
Cons: redundancy
Looking after a team of 8 sales person
How to interact and achieve the best from my team.
Helping all co-workers to maintain sales discipline and self improvement at the same time as producing sales myself.
Nothing really hard about the job apart from maintaining other staff's interest
Achieving with my team was most enjoyable
Fundamental experience with working at arranged venues
products
VENUE AND EVENTS SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), londonOctober 1, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: lifting heavy material
management and speaking to customers was really enjoyable
Great people
ECO Dispatcher (Former Employee), Kingswinford, ENGAugust 28, 2014
Pros: lovely people
Cons: little room for progression
The staff at E.On where great to work with and we all supported each other. I left the company to be a stay at home dad when child care costs where greater that my monthly wage.
huge company great exposure.
Marketing manager (Former Employee), London UKJune 10, 2014
Pros: resources and manpower
Cons: long chain of command
this company is one of the biggest supplier of gas and electricity in Europe.there was plenty of meeting and discussions about how to increase business fro the company.
we had alot of backing regarding resources and manpower.but communication between management and co workers was not great.
excellent opportunity
Project Manager - MBA dissertation project (Former Employee), Nottingham, ENGJune 10, 2014
excellent opportunity for me and my colleagues on one hand and a very useful business for E.ON thanks to the NUBS
Work Life
Venues and Events Consultant (Former Employee), West MidlandsJune 4, 2014
Cons: 9 to 5
Overall great company to work for. Excellent benefits. and bonus scheme
productive and efficent workplace
Inbound credit collections agent (Current Employee), Nottingham, ENGMarch 19, 2014
working on a inbound call environment collecting money from customer who owe on their energy bills.
Great workplace with room for advancement
Credit Operations Team Manager (Current Employee), NottinghamJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: good pay, great people and great room for advancement
Cons: distance to travel to work
E.ON's a great place to work, being there nearly 7 years now I've picked up a wealth of knowledge and skills to help me manage myself amongst other individuals.

The people are great and there is a buzz to make more of yourself and E.ON actively promote advancement and will do everything possible to advance you in your career.
E.on
COMPLEX METER FIXER (Former Employee), Gloucester, ENGDecember 2, 2013
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: just a number nothing personal
Generally a good place to work as i was there for 26 years,good continuity of work and providing your flexable a variety of work
Shame door to door staff was laid off.
Home Energy Consultant (Former Employee), NewportOctober 8, 2013
Pros: good commission structure
Cons: had a very bad, out of touch trainer.
E.on was a good company to work for. great commission structure and good work/life balance.
vercy commpetitive, not empoyee friendly,
Administrator (Former Employee), Erdington, ENGSeptember 27, 2013
came away from Eon very unhappy feeling very let down. I felt after 12 years of loyal work I was not give the support I need and was left felling very unhappy and of no further value
interesting work
Intern (Former Employee), Москва, CENSeptember 24, 2013
Interned at Russia’s largest power generation company. Worked in the risk, planning, and controlling departments. Analyzed financial reports and documents in the risk assessment department. Created and maintained databases to project and track sales figures for power generation.
General Tasks
Data Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), KingswinfordSeptember 12, 2013
• Data input using various in house software packages, Microsoft access, excel, powerpoint, visio and word.
• Data analysis and correcting errors.
• Numerical problem solving.
• Complex problem and error solving.
• Sending information to external and internal customers.
• Creating scripts within SQL to produce reports.
• Trained new members of staff.
• Data Aggregator which involved making sure certain tasks were completed on a daily basis otherwise the company would be fined by the industry regulator.
• Created query tables within Brio to produce reports.
• Helped achieve 97% RF percentage which was the goal for an electricity company to achieve and keep to.