E.W. WYLIE

E.W. WYLIE Employer Reviews

The Houston,Tx terminal is a JOKE
Current driver (Current Employee), Humble,txMarch 28, 2013
Pros: we use to get free lunch. not no more becuz of new joke of a terminal manager
Cons: no miles
Poor dispatching, terminal manager is clueless all around no sense of trucking. Not enough freight for this company coming out of Houston,Tx for this company. Best thing about this job is the truck drivers that's it. If needing a good job don't come here for that you will disappointed.
overall good company to work for
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Fargo, NDDecember 21, 2012
Pros: stable
Cons: don't consider that drivers have private lives that can interfere with work
Fun company can make money with the company but I think They don't consider drivers family life enough when dealing with personal conflict
Admin Asst/Cust Service
Safety/Driver Orientation/Admin Asst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2012
Pros: would get free lunch or diner sometimes.
Cons: pay could have been better.
I liked the people I worked with was always very helpful. I kept all drivers file up to date, answer phones, set driver's up in hotels that came in for orientation, background checks and new hire orientation, order supplies, and pay invoices. I liked my job because I was able to meet and know a lot of different people.
Overall Review
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), West Fargo, NDMarch 9, 2012
Pros: you can leave your stress of the day at work, can sometimes telecommute, occasional verbal recognition
Cons: healthcare, pto, no advancement, issues that are discussed are pushed aside.
Wylie's is great to work for if you are in with the right people. There tends to be "favorite's" among upper management. Duties tend to get added to you above and beyond your job description and you are expected to take on these tasks without compensation for doing so. The good thing is that it is easy to leave your work problems at work. Advancement – more... in the company is difficult, again if you are not "in" with the right people. PTO is not good, you do not even accumulate 8 hours a month and there is nothing extra for "sick" time. – less