E.W. WYLIE

E.W. WYLIE Employee Reviews

DRIVERS BEWARE-DONT GO TO EW WYLIE IN HUMBLE
Local Driver (Current Employee), Humble, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: pay, hours, work, management, equipment, parking, lighting, unsecure yard, theft is a problem
Terminal manager in Humble lost his man card by not taking care of drivers long ago, so you won't find him helpful, just personable when he HAS to be. The dispatcher there in Humble is dishonest, has no time management skills, and will ask you to do some highly illegal things. The training there in Humble is a joke, and it's really just as bad as SWIFT or CR England (if not worse.) The local trainer – more... is not going to build your confidence in the company at all. You will find out the other local flat bed drivers in Houston call him "burnout", because he forgot to release the brakes and drug the trailer til it's brakes caught on fire over on Sheldon road (in front of God and everyone leaving the port.) You can easily spot him since he's the only flatbed you will ever see with his stack on backwards, making it obvious he doesn't know anything about a smoke tarp (chaining or tarping of any kind for that matter). You can't help but laugh. I know I got a good laugh every time he tried to back a trailer and how "professionally" he secures a load. It's all indicative of how the turnover is so high there in Humble, his 9 months driving experience (3 months flatbed) is the best they can do. Most importantly for anyone considering the job, when you do the math the pay averages anywhere from 10 - 15/hr. Considering how hard you will work and how bad you will be treated, you won't be there long either. Take another job. I have never written a bad review of any company I have worked for, but this one had to be written. The reputation Wylie built in Fargo does not reflect the local reputation of the Humble location. Driver to driver, you don't want to work at the Humble location. Driver Beware! – less
Ok, place to work if you don't mind management right behind you.
Permit/Border Crossing Coordinator (Former Employee), West Fargo NDSeptember 20, 2013
I liked the work that I was doing. I enjoyed going online and getting oversized and overweight permits for trucks from most of the states. What really bothered me most was not being able to get the permits from some states in a timely manner. Having drivers sitting while waiting for a state to process a permit is frustrating and there is very little I could have done about it.

I only give this company 3 stars because of the obsessive micro- management. The rest of the work and co-workers were wonderful.
The Houston,Tx terminal is a JOKE
Current driver (Current Employee), Humble,txMarch 28, 2013
Pros: we use to get free lunch. not no more becuz of new joke of a terminal manager
Cons: no miles
Poor dispatching, terminal manager is clueless all around no sense of trucking. Not enough freight for this company coming out of Houston,Tx for this company. Best thing about this job is the truck drivers that's it. If needing a good job don't come here for that you will disappointed.
overall good company to work for
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Fargo, NDDecember 21, 2012
Pros: stable
Cons: don't consider that drivers have private lives that can interfere with work
Fun company can make money with the company but I think They don't consider drivers family life enough when dealing with personal conflict
Admin Asst/Cust Service
Safety/Driver Orientation/Admin Asst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2012
Pros: would get free lunch or diner sometimes.
Cons: pay could have been better.
I liked the people I worked with was always very helpful. I kept all drivers file up to date, answer phones, set driver's up in hotels that came in for orientation, background checks and new hire orientation, order supplies, and pay invoices. I liked my job because I was able to meet and know a lot of different people.
Overall Review
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), West Fargo, NDMarch 9, 2012
Pros: you can leave your stress of the day at work, can sometimes telecommute, occasional verbal recognition
Cons: healthcare, pto, no advancement, issues that are discussed are pushed aside.
Wylie's is great to work for if you are in with the right people. There tends to be "favorite's" among upper management. Duties tend to get added to you above and beyond your job description and you are expected to take on these tasks without compensation for doing so. The good thing is that it is easy to leave your work problems at work. Advancement in the company is difficult, again if you are not "in" with the right people. PTO is not good, you do not even accumulate 8 hours a month and there is nothing extra for "sick" time.

E.W. WYLIE Salaries