E.W. WYLIE Employee Reviews in United States

stay away they lie
x driver (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 8, 2016
I only stayed for 2 weeks was lied to from day one from the recruiter that's would say anything to get you hired to the training pay and the sign on bonus to the so called waiting time you get paid for drivers are still waiting on wait time pay for months you don't get it till they do and there is a lot of waiting to get loaded and unloaded
Pros
still trying to find one
Cons
the lies and excusses
Overall Review
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDMarch 9, 2012
Wylie's is great to work for if you are in with the right people. There tends to be "favorite's" among upper management. Duties tend to get added to you above and beyond your job description and you are expected to take on these tasks without compensation for doing so. The good thing is that it is easy to leave your work problems at work. Advancement in the company is difficult, again if you are not "in" with the right people. PTO is not good, you do not even accumulate 8 hours a month and there is nothing extra for "sick" time.
Pros
you can leave your stress of the day at work, can sometimes telecommute, occasional verbal recognition
Cons
healthcare, pto, no advancement, issues that are discussed are pushed aside.
Don't care attitude
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 15, 2015
I started here in October 2015 as experienced driver for the Texas regional runs they had. Well they never told me that they lost so much business in Texas that the regional does all 48 states. After 1.5 months of complaining that i was not getting to Texas I got a 259 miles load and 3 days to get their. Welcome to ew Wylie.
Their Fargo, ND yard is all about the office people. Every Friday the company spends $500 on lunch for the office and shop. Don't bother to do anything for the drivers. Welcome to ew Wylie.
Since I have been here I am not sure how to get anything fixed on truck. Everything I fill out on dot required dvi report at the end of the day, the shop has never contacted me to get fixed, that includes the flat tire.
I have been told several times their are no loads to Texas. Any trucking in the USA that cannot get a load to Texas has some freight or internal problems.
I have 7-10 years of experience and all they pay is 39 cents a mile. That is bottom of the trucking industry.
As I am driving my truck back to Fargo, ND to turn my truck in they turned off my fuel card and said they would not let me fuel to get back to yard. So I gave them the option of service call on interstate for out of fuel or 50 gallons right know. Welcome to ew Wylie.
I have 0 tickets in 10 years. 0 accidents. 0 csa points. And I live in truck. I should be ideal driver for any trucking company but ew Wylie decided to let me go because I complained to much about not getting to Texas on the account I signed up for. Welcome to ew Wylie.
Great work environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 16, 2014
-High energy, fast paced
-Multi-tasking is a must
-You can go to management it any question
-This is a place you find a family at work.
-The hardest part of work is multi-tasking.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is that people I get to meet and work with.
Pros
family atmospher
Drivers beware-dont go to ew wylie in humble
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 21, 2014
Terminal manager in Humble lost his man card by not taking care of drivers long ago, so you won't find him helpful, just personable when he HAS to be. The dispatcher there in Humble is dishonest, has no time management skills, and will ask you to do some highly illegal things. The training there in Humble is a joke, and it's really just as bad as SWIFT or CR England (if not worse.) The local trainer is not going to build your confidence in the company at all. You will find out the other local flat bed drivers in Houston call him "burnout", because he forgot to release the brakes and drug the trailer til it's brakes caught on fire over on Sheldon road (in front of God and everyone leaving the port.) You can easily spot him since he's the only flatbed you will ever see with his stack on backwards, making it obvious he doesn't know anything about a smoke tarp (chaining or tarping of any kind for that matter). You can't help but laugh. I know I got a good laugh every time he tried to back a trailer and how "professionally" he secures a load. It's all indicative of how the turnover is so high there in Humble, his 9 months driving experience (3 months flatbed) is the best they can do. Most importantly for anyone considering the job, when you do the math the pay averages anywhere from 10 - 15/hr. Considering how hard you will work and how bad you will be treated, you won't be there long either. Take another job. I have never written a bad review of any company I have worked for, but this one had to be written. The reputation Wylie built in Fargo does not reflect the local reputation  more... of the Humble location. Driver to driver, you don't want to work at the Humble location. Driver Beware!  less
Pros
free coffee
Cons
pay, hours, work, management, equipment, parking, lighting, unsecure yard, theft is a problem
Admin Asst/Cust Service
Safety/Driver Orientation/Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2012
I liked the people I worked with was always very helpful. I kept all drivers file up to date, answer phones, set driver's up in hotels that came in for orientation, background checks and new hire orientation, order supplies, and pay invoices. I liked my job because I was able to meet and know a lot of different people.
Pros
would get free lunch or diner sometimes.
Cons
pay could have been better.
The Houston,Tx terminal is a JOKE
Current driver (Current Employee) –  Humble,txMarch 28, 2013
Poor dispatching, terminal manager is clueless all around no sense of trucking. Not enough freight for this company coming out of Houston,Tx for this company. Best thing about this job is the truck drivers that's it. If needing a good job don't come here for that you will disappointed.
Pros
we use to get free lunch. not no more becuz of new joke of a terminal manager
Cons
no miles
overall good company to work for
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 21, 2012
Fun company can make money with the company but I think They don't consider drivers family life enough when dealing with personal conflict
Pros
stable
Cons
don't consider that drivers have private lives that can interfere with work

2.6