This is a direct-hire role with a large energy company in Houston.
The Business SME will lead the successful usage of the systems to support their assigned business area. They are responsible for insuring the daily operations are occurring as designed and correcting any issues thru fixes or projects working alongside their IT peers where needed SME/Consultant Managers to support their assigned business area in the successful operation of the systems and processes.
- Owns the overall business process for their assigned area.
- Creates and maintains the documentation of the business process both in systems and outside
- Suggest and implement improvements to the business process either in the system or outside
- Anticipates future business growth and identifies opportunities for process and system enhancements
- Acts as business Subject Matter Expert for their assigned area
- Works with Risk, Accounting and Financial Reporting groups to ensure systems capture positions and PNL correctly
- Participates in project governance, readiness reviews and Quality Gates as required
- Provides business requirements to IT for either incident or project items
- Approves design from project
- Prioritization of enhancements, integrations and incidents
- Insure the daily successful operation of the business process inside the system and outside
- Develops and documents an understanding of current state business process and the challenges, problems and issues that need to be addressed
- Accountable for the production of business cases with indicative costs to deliver and initiating the PPI submission and approved project requests
- Accountable for maintaining and sharing business process knowledge
- Facilitate discovery workshops and meetings with business representatives
- Support and enhance the solutions for the Global EM&S business in their local region
- Work with Application Developers and /or Application Vendors to test / validate application changes to the solutions
- Recommend changes/improvements to business process and ways of working
- The Business SME/Consultant could have Business Analysts reporting to them.
- Business process analysis and the creation of business cases
- Experience of managing teams
- Intermediate to expert level of experience successfully providing business analysis services in a corporate setting;
- Experience supporting technology solutions, including change management, application testing, data integrity management and end-user support and training;
- Experience designing or changing business processes to gain full value from technology solutions;
- Energy industry experience required;
- Commodity experience with one or more of the following; NatGas, LNG, Power, Oil or NGL’s
- Experience with various EM&S applications such as OpenLink Endur, TPT CreditRisk, ShipNet or ZEMA is a plus
The candidate would preferably possess:
- A degree or equivalent in a related subject
ChannelAdvisor (NYSE: ECOM) is a leading provider of cloud-based e-commerce solutions that enable retailers and manufacturers to integrate,...