Sr. Oracle EBS Functional Analyst – Billing & Revenue Management (BRM)
This is a direct-hire position with a Fortune 500 company in Houston.
Position will provide technical and functional support and maintain the ERP (Oracle E-Business Suite / EBS) Projects Sub Ledger applications and financial reporting systems. Work with business end users to understand their business functions and processes. Define, develop, and configure software solutions that meet business requirements of Finance and Operations specifically in billing and revenue areas. Strong knowledge of the EBS tool from Oracle with a back ground in client billing and revenue
Provide the first line of technical support for super users. Lead the expansion of automated processes to improve existing practices and address new business requirements.
Functional Support including:
1. End user incident management support (in coordination with business support organization)
2. Preparation and maintenance of application documentation - business process flows; business process procedures; technical systems diagrams; job aids; Help Desk / DBA / Citrix / Network application instructions
3. Global subject matter expert coordination and communications
4. Audit support
Technical Support including:
1. Application configuration and architecture – to global and regional / business line specific functional requirements
2. Custom enhancements – functional specification definition and technical specification review
3. Interfaces and integration – (in addition to above) coordination of source and target system technical and data dependencies
4. Production Support - application error analysis and resolution; direction to and coordination of supporting infrastructure components and support groups –
o database (Oracle) administration
o servers and supporting infrastructure
o network components,
o performance monitoring,
o capacity management)
o operations administration and maintenance (back-up scheduling, patching); Release and Change management in accordance with IPS processes and procedures and disaster recovery and business continuity plans and documentation.
5. Testing – preparation of test scenarios, test plans; execution of technical unit testing, coordination of Business and IPS integration testing - functional testing / user acceptance testing and securing of business certifications; coordination and participation in regression testing / stress and volume testing with Quality Assurance organization.
- BS degree in computer science / information systems / accounting or equivalent.
- 3-5+ years experience in supporting and configuring Oracle EBS Billing and Revenue (Oracle EBS 12.x highly desired).
- Experience / familiarity with other Project Controls applications in the functional areas of Cost Control and Management; Progress and Performance Measurement, Client Billing and Reporting.
- Technical proficiency / experience working with Database technologies – Oracle required; SQL Server /other preferred.
- Technical proficiency / experience working with web and client server environments / architectures
- Technical proficiency / experience working with Environment components / database performance and monitoring tools
- Technical proficiency / experience working with Reporting technologies and tools
- Demonstrated ability to work in matrix team environments including strong business interface capability.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Strong project planning and management skills, including comfort in making operational decisions, monitoring progress, taking corrective action and reporting results
- Strong leadership, negotiation and mentoring abilities
- Superior organizational skills including written, oral and presentational communication abilities to work with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to work independently
- Extensive working knowledge of Project Controls business processes
- Developer experience and proficiency in development methodologies and languages (preferred)