Sr. Oracle Functional Analyst - Accounts Payable (A/P)
This is a direct-hire role with a Fortune 500 company in Houston
Position will provide functional support for Oracle R12 EBS Accounts Payable applications which comprises of configuration of the application and its various modules, resolving day to day support issues working with users and SMA community. The role also involves supporting cross functional issues related to accounts payable area working with other EBS support team members and supporting EBS interfaces with other boundary applications.
Functional Support including:
1. Application configuration, workflows, templates and architecture – to global and regional / business line specific functional requirements
2. Custom enhancements – functional specification definition and technical specification review
3. Interfaces and integration – (in addition to above) coordination of source and target system technical and data dependencies
4. Production Support - application error analysis and resolution, working with development group, Release and Change management group in accordance with KBR IT policies, procedures and documentation requirements to follow SDLC processes.
5. Testing – preparation of test scenarios, test plans; execution of technical unit testing, coordination of Business and IT integration testing - functional testing / user acceptance testing and securing of business certifications; coordination and participation in regression testing / stress and volume testing with Quality Assurance organization.
6. End user incident management support (in coordination with business support organization and IT help desk to manage tickets)
7. Preparation and maintenance of application documentation - business process flows; business process procedures; diagrams; job aids; application instructions
8. Global subject matter expert coordination and communications
9. Audit support
10. Support interfaces with various other systems including Vertex, P-Cards, automated bank payments and others systems
- Candidate must have the following qualifications and skills:
- BS degree in computer science / information systems / accounting or equivalent.
- 5-8+ years’ experience in Accounts Payable applications’ IT support or development role in a global environment for major multi-office / location projects.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of R12 Oracle Applications navigation, notification process, and reports
- Basic level of knowledge and experience in Oracle database tables relating to Accounts Payable area
- Knowledge and experience in Oracle Service Request process
- Ability to research, solve and deploy reported Oracle issues quickly and independently
- Extensive knowledge and experience of R12 Oracle Accounts Payable Supplier Master creation and maintenance
- Extensive knowledge and experience of R12 Oracle Employee Suppliers
- Extensive knowledge and experience of TCA Architecture
- Extensive knowledge of R12 Oracle iExpense setup and processes
- Extensive knowledge of R12 Oracle Accounts Payables configuration and transaction process including :
o Creating and processing AP invoices
o Invoice Approvals
o Creating and processing AP Payments
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Payables Month End processing and reconciliation reports
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Payables and related Accounting entries
- Proficiency / experience working with Reporting technologies and tools
- Advanced analytical skills
- Strong project planning and management skills, including comfort in making operational decisions, monitoring progress, taking corrective action and reporting results
- Strong leadership, negotiation and mentoring abilities
- Superior organizational skills including written, oral and presentational communication abilities to work with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to work independently
- Extensive working knowledge of Procure to pay and Supply Chain Management business processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in matrix team environments including strong business interface capability.