This position will be responsible for architecting and developing database related functionality for high-performance, distributed, scalable cloud based web application for cutting edge electric vehicle charging ecosystem.
This will involve:
- Defining the architectural vision on how best to leverage our data assets to enable business insights
- Leading the on-going design and implementation of a high quality logical and physical data models
- Ensuring that both the physical data model and database technology support scalable, highly available computing (e.g., clustering, active/passive, disaster recovery)
- Leading the on-going design and implementation of big data technology assets, including data warehouses
- Working with technical and product leaders across multiple divisions
- Owns the architecture for the data assets – logical and physical data models, real time and data warehouse relational and non-relational databases, and data security
- Must be hands-on and write high-quality code with emphasis on security, performance, and scalability.
- Define high level architecture and technology strategies, best practices, guidelines and standards that balance short term and long term objectives in a practical manner.
- Review changes in code and the environment to determine impacts on system performance.
- Operate with a team of architects and engineers (responsible for application and services) - in a setting that involves interacting with Product Management, Engineering/QA, and Operations.
- Work with the business leaders to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy.
- Drive planning and architecture roadmap creation.
- Must be able to drive problem-solving strategies for complex issues that involve cross-functional disciplines.
- Participate actively and contribute to design, development discussions.
- Perform technical analysis to present pros and cons of various solutions to problems.
- Mentor team members as and when necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3+ years of applicable Data Architect experience.
- At least 10 years of experience with designing and maintaining relational database systems.
- 1+ years of hands-on Hadoop experience
- Demonstrated experience with creating and maintaining end to end data architectures including logical, access, and physical data modeling
- Familiarity with different database architectures (e.g., shared everything, shared nothing) and be able to recommend solutions
- Familiarity with feature options for the physical implementation of the database design to enable optimized access to and administration of the rdbms
- Demonstrated experience with normalized and dimensional data modeling techniques as well as experience implementing OLAP concepts;
- Hands-on technical experience using data warehouse, business intelligence and analytics products
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (HBASE, Hadoop, Cassandra, Mongo, etc.)
- Experience with ORM tools and their impact on data access
- Strong leadership experience in leading a team to deliver high quality products
- Strong problem solving skills with a history of driving the development of major SaaS web based applications.
- Proven experience with cloud applications and platforms (SalesForce, GAE, Amazon S3 and EC2).
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a flexible Agile development environment
- Exposure to and interest in Open Source frameworks, tools, and technologies.
Indeed - 16 months ago