Ecotality North America is currently seeking a Fast Charger Product Support Engineer with experience in power systems and electronics who will be responsible for product support and participating in nationwide installations and troubleshooting for electric vehicle fast chargers. Demonstrated experience with power conversion systems is a must. The ability to join science and ingenuity to solve unusual and complex problems is what we need. Candidates will demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with field service personnel, project managers and electrical contractors. Candidates possessing all of these skills should apply.
Candidates will enjoy working in a fast-paced, small company environment and will be willing to participate in all areas of the Company’s business at all levels. Candidates will be self-starters, comfortable working with little supervision, capable of providing their own direction and will excel at learning new skills and technologies.
- Provide product technical support to the Field Service team for installations, service and repair
- Commissioning of 60kW chargers using 3-phase input power
- Support field certification (UL, CSA,TÜV,CE)
- Document technical service bulletins, installation report and other field reports
- Participate in development for one-off R&D projects
Required skills for this position:
- Must have a BS in Electronic or Electrical engineering
- Experience with power systems such as AC , DC drives , 10kW+ power supplies
- Experience with IGBT or other switching-device technologies
- Experience with various communication protocols (CAN, Modbus, RS232, RS485, TCPIP) and experience using various communication software tools
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and drawings
- Experience leading and working with electrical contractors
- Knowledge and use of, electrical hand tools: multi-meter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer etc
- Must be able to work in a matrix-type environment
- Ability to travel (~50% for the next year)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current work visa
ECOtality North America, a subsidiary of ECOtality, Inc., was founded in 1996 to provide engineering, consulting and construction services for alternative fueled vehicle and infrastructure technologies. Along with its sister companies, ECOtality North America focuses on several areas related to electric and alternative-fuel transportation including: alternative-fuel infrastructure design and construction (including CNG, CNG/Hydrogen blended fuels and pure 100% Hydrogen), alternative-fuel fleet consulting; public charging station design and installation; fast-charging systems design and application; electric vehicle fleet consulting; vehicle testing and failure analysis for the major auto manufacturers; on-road/off-road electric vehicle and electric boat propulsion system design.
Ecotality North America flagship Minit-Charger™ products - fast battery charging systems designed for electric vehicles, airport ground support equipment and material handling applications - allow for faster charging with less heat generation and longer battery life than conventional chargers. More information available at www.ecotalityna.com and www.minit-charger.com
Ecotality North America is currently operating The EV Project, the largest deployment of electric vehicle infrastructure, ever. More information at www.theevproject.com and www.blinknetwork.com .
Ecotality North America is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 19 months ago