This position will be responsible for architecting and developing high-performance, distributed, scalable cloud based web application stack for cutting edge electric vehicle charging ecosystem.
It will be a hands-on role where responsibilities will include architecting, designing and implementation in UX, server-side and big data technologies. Will also work with cross-functional teams to ensure products meet functionality, cost and reliability requirements. Must be able to carry out complex tasks with a minimum of guidance and be comfortable providing detailed guidance to others.
- Driving the architecture and design, and leading development of high-performance, distributed, scalable cloud based Java based platform.
- Review changes in code and the environment to determine impacts on system performance.
- Research and recommend software applications/tools to provide technical leadership in developing service applications and analyzing business requirements.
- Driving generation of comprehensive architecture and feature specification documents.
- Develops, integrates and implements related applications components, server-side development and database integration.
- Must be able to drive problem-solving strategies for complex issues that involve cross-functional disciplines.
- Estimate and plan implementation effort of features.
- Write high-quality code with emphasis on security, performance, and scalability.
- Encourage innovation of process and creative development methodologies
- Develop and execute unit tests for product components
- Participate actively and contribute to design, development discussions.
- Perform technical analysis to present pros and cons of various solutions to problems.
- Mentor team members as and when necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3+ years of applicable Architect experience.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- 1+ years of hands-on Hadoop experience (sizing, install, MapReduce).
- Hands on experience in the design and development of software products/applications built on the Java platform.
- Development and leadership experience in an enterprise-class system with multi-tier architecture
- Broad experience with various development frameworks such as MVC, Spring, Apache CXF, Hibernate to name few.
- Java server-side and GUI development experience.
- Broad experience with various J2EE containers such as Weblogic, Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.
- Web service design, testing and implementation
- Solid understanding of web data formats (XML, JSON)
- Experience with in-memory caching data grid (Hazelcast, Coherance, etc).
- Experience with data sharding, failover and clustering using RDMS and/or NoSQL persistent storage.
- Expert in J2EE APIs including Servlets, JTA, JSPs, JSTL, JSF,web services and JDBC
- Expert in implementing successful high-performance multi-threaded server applications
- Experience with Design patterns
- Experience delivering complex software installed and used by multiple customers
- Knowledge of the implications of developing for high-availability clustered environments
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows.
- Comfortable working in a flexible Agile development environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration and code quality improvement tools (Sonar, PMD, eclemma, Maven etc).
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Excellent debugging skills, code reviewing capabilities and refactoring skills.
- Proven experience with cloud applications and platforms (SalesForce, GAE, Amazon S3 and EC2).
- Exposure to and interest in Open Source frameworks, tools, and technologies.
Indeed - 18 months ago