ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ: ECTY), headquartered in San Francisco, California, is a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies with a history in electric transportation dating back to 1989.
With an aggressive development model strengthened by innovative technologies, acquisitions, and strategic partnerships and alliances, we strive to accelerate the market applicability and acceptance of clean technologies to replace carbon-based fuels.
About this position
Prepare to explore ECOtality; a unique and dynamic company filled with exceptional talent. Our team of engineers develops the consumer facing Blink Network (http://www.blinknetwork.com) platform out of our San Francisco, CA office and we are hiring!!
Candidates will design and develop new solutions and support and enhance existing Blink Network products and solutions. Utilizing your Web Services experience as well as your knowledge of Enterprise Java Development and Object Oriented Design, you will work with customers and internal business units to define software requirements and create, modify, and test the code, forms and scripts to build on the Blink Network application stack, working in a new and exciting green technology field with challenging and exciting projects.
- Become an expert in technical aspects of our products
- Analyze high-level requirements and translate these to component level design to be used for architectural prescription, cost/benefit analysis, and concept development
- Identify, define, and communicate design tradeoffs using a structured, detail oriented approach
- Develop creative solutions and write technical design documents.
- Provide work estimates for proposed projects
- Guide other software engineers to design and implement well-integrated products
- Cross-train developers on product features that are implemented
- Perform hands-on software design and development in Java
- Develop and execute unit tests for product components
- Encourage innovation of process and creative development methodologies
- Perform peer code reviews and provide feedback
- Promote high quality, scalability, and timely completion of projects
- Work with geographically distributed teams
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 3-6 years of software development experience
- Development experience in an enterprise-class system with multi-tier architecture
- Enthusiastic in solving interesting problems
- Java server-side and UI development experience
- Broad experience with various java development frameworks such as MVC, Struts and Spring
- Broad experience with various J2EE containers such as Weblogic, Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.
- Expert in J2EE APIs including EJBs, Servlets, JMS, JCA, JTA, Persistence/ORM, JSPs, JSTL, web services (SOAP and REST), XSD, JAXB, XSLT and JDBC
- Experience implementing successful distributed, scalable, high-performance multi-threaded server applications
- Understanding of web optimization techniques (server/client side caching, compression, etc.)
- Solid understanding of web data formats (XML, JSON)
- Experience with Design patterns.
- Experience with Hadoop and Hazelcast (or similar data grid technologies)
- Knowledge of the implications of developing for high-availability clustered environments
- SQL development experience.
- Experience with XML related APIs including SAX and DOM parsers and XSLT
- Experience with open source Java technologies including Ant, JUnit, Hudson, Jenkins, Maven.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Strong speaking and writing skills
- Comfortable working in a flexible Agile development environment.
- Database Development in Postgres 9.x
- Amazon EC2 or equivalent cloud hosted product development experience
- Auto and EV consumer industry experience.
(Americans with Disability Specifications)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Indeed - 5 months ago
ECOtality North America provided engineering and Project Management services for the PNW pilot Hydrogen station located in Phoenix Arizona....