Ectron, an established San Diego Company, designs and manufactures a wide range of precision test and measurement products.
We welcome innovative, hard-working, creative people to join the Ectron team.
Ectron currently seeks an experienced engineer who is familiar with analog circuit design, working with op-amps, DACs, solid-state switches, and discrete components. Your knowledge of the underlying physics and critical analytical skills will be used as you work on micro-volt-level circuit design on state-of-the-art products for industrial and laboratory instrumentation.
1. Design of analog circuits and sub-assemblies, including amplifiers and various transducer conditioners.
2. Generate of circuit schematics for new products, and modification of exisiting products.
3. Work with package designers to develop product user interfaces and panel layouts
4. Write specifications to programmers for development of product firmware
5. Provide board layout and packaging guidelines to other designers
6. Work with technicians to debug prototypes
7. Work with production technicians to resolve problems
1. Bachelor's degree or related experience in Analog Electronic Engineering
2. Minimum 7 years experience in analog hardware design, preferably in instrumentation
3. Strong analog design skill set a must, including familiarity with analog and mixed-signal components, linear and switch-mode power supply design,
4. Knowledge of micro-volt-level circuit design, thermocouple circuit design.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
1. Experience in micro-volt-level and thermocouple analog circuit design. Experience in integration of microprocessors with analog circuits.
2. Experience and knowledge of digital hardware design as it compliments the analog design process is a plus, including microprocessor embedded system design.
3. Experience with design for compliance to CE, CSA, FCC requirements, as well as EMI design.
4. Must possess excellent communication skills