Job Position: Junior Software Development Engineer in Test
Hours: Typically 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM but you can set your own hours in coordination with your Engineering Lead. Full Time and Part Time positions will be considered.
Hire conditions: The job will start with a one month trial period after which a continuing contract position or full time position may be offered. A full time position may also be offered at any time to the right candidate.
Company: EDEC Digital Forensics is a small but growing entrepreneurial company based in Santa Barbara that designs software and hardware products for law enforcement and the military. Our products assist digital forensics examiners with investigations of mobile devices like cell phones, tablets and laptops and provide evidence organization and recording.
Job Description: This job will start as a part-time or full-time contract to hire. Your charter will be to start as a SDET and to move into also performing software QFE and coding new Feature adds. You will be working under the direction of a long time former Microsoft Sr. Software Development Lead and will gain valuable skills while you work with a very fun, agile small growing company in Santa Barbara!
- Experience with Microsoft Windows consumer OS’s and a basic Windows OS Server exposure.
- 1 to 2 years of programming experience in any language. C# is a huge plus.
- Basic OOP (Object Oriented Programing) experience
- The ability to work unattended at goals as directed
- Strong organizational and goal management skills
- Unit testing ability expected
- Able to speak and write English fluently
- WPF Experience
- Basic Mac OS Experience
- Direct Show
- Knowledge of C#, especially Visual Studio
- Installer Experience (MSI based)
- Build Environment Experience (Cruise Control is a plus)
- Scripting experience (VB, PowerShell or any scripting language)
- Experience managing test cases
- Experience creating one working application in any language on windows or android platform from start to ship.
- Windows API programming experience