Must be able to teach in the classroom
New Adjunct Faculty
There are some necessary procedures for all new faculty to follow before teaching a didactic or clinical course for the Practical Nursing Program. If an Adjunct Nursing Faculty member has questions or needs further clarification, Faculty member should contact the director of the program.
Position Educational Requirements
1. Registered Nursing Florida State licensure or higher
2. Bachelor Degree in Nursing
3. Certifications for specified clinical sites or experiences
4. Theoretical or experiential learning appropriate for the assigned course or courses.
Professional Conduct Exceptions
- Review and adhere to the policy and procedures of the Nursing Department.
- Attend faculty meetings and scheduled faculty development programs as requested.
- Remain timely in regard to submission of paperwork.
- Use principles of Adult Education in determining teaching strategies and learning activities.
- Work with Program Director to plan, implement and evaluate each course offering to maintain quality and effectiveness.
- Attend scheduled meetings the first week with the Program Director lead course faculty and all adjuncts teaching in the course.
- Understand information regarding the clinical site, policies and procedures for the specific program, clinical institution, course syllabi, established pre and post conference activities, clinical course objectives and class rosters.
- Contact Program Director weekly basis to keep him/her informed of student progress.