EH Publishing, Inc. is the leading provider of independent business and consumer content and information serving the custom electronics, information technology, house of worship, pro audio, robotics, homebuilding, and supply chain markets through multimedia publications, websites, newsletters, and expos.
EH Publishing is currently seeking an Audience Development Manager to support the strategic development, implementation, execution, and continuous improvement of customer acquisition and retention marketing programs across all EH brands. Our ideal candidate will have 3-5 years paid and/or controlled magazine circulation experience with strong written and verbal communication skills, great attention to detail, customer focus and multi-tasking capabilities. Working closely with the Director of Audience Development this position will assist in developing and implementing audience acquisition and retention promotions for all Paid and B2B controlled publications. This position will also manage the day to day fulfillment operations for our paid consumer title and the AAM audit.
- Develop audience marketing promotions, including email, telemarketing and fax, to support print and digital subscriber objectives for 1 paid/controlled hybrid magazine and 7 controlled circulation magazines.
- Implement and manage marketing plans and budgets for acquisition and retention marketing campaigns. Monitor response and provide detailed reporting and analysis campaigns.
- Manage the data integrity of subscriber databases for both print and digital subscribers, to meet postal and AAM and BPA audit regulations.
- Act as primary liaison with magazine fulfillment vendor, Palm Coast Data (PCD), managing day to day activities as it relates to order processing, providing weekly label file instructions to vendor and approving main file and supplementary update counts.
- Create print orders and manage issue label handling including coordinating production schedule with in-house fulfillment team and production department.
- Maintain all recording-keeping required for AAM audit. Manage all aspects of the audit and interactions with the audit bureau. Prepare circulation statements and manage annual audit process.
- 3-5+ years’ experience developing and executing circulation marketing plans for AAM and BPA audited magazines.
- Hands on experience with marketing for subscription renewals and acquisitions.
- A creative marketing mind adept in creating response driven promotions with solid copywriting skills.
- Experience with both print and digital platforms.
- Strong understanding of AAM and BPA audit processes, rules and bylaws as well as US Postal Service requirements
- Working knowledge of database and fulfillment systems
- Aptitude for problem solving and trouble-shooting
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, dynamic environment and the ability to work independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience with3rd party fulfillment systems highly desired
- Hands-on experience deploying email campaigns via ESPs such as ExactTarget, RealMagnet or similar
- Some experience in paid circulation, preferably with a B2B publisher