Direct Candidates only. Please no B2B submissions
Our client a top-10 bank located in Richmond, VA is looking for a Sr. Configuration Manager / Build Engineer. The Sr. Configuration Manager / Build Engineer is responsible for developing or assisting in the development of configuration management, continuous integration and continuous deployment for their system team.
This position offers a tremendous opportunity to learn a broad range of new skills, technology, and processes. Our client practices Agile methodologies, plan rational schedules, and cross-functional teams build strong, collaborative relationships as partners in the delivery of quality products.
This is a contract to hire position.
Technical Skills and Essential Functions
- Experience designing and developing automated application builds and deployments.
- Understanding of source control, branching and merge strategies
- Ability to work closely with developers, test automation and performance specialists, release management and infrastructure specialist
- Technical problem solving skills
- Understanding the interworking’s of Windows, Linux and UNIX
- Database knowledge (Oracle/ MS SQL Server)
- Improve software development and deployment guidelines and tools relating to the following areas of software configuration management: source management and branching, build, deploy, and unit/acceptance/performance testing.
- Supports development of process automation initiatives and projects
- Work with the IT Development and other IT team members to refine and clarify requirements for development process automation
- Use appropriate technologies such as Hudson, AnthillPro, uBuild, uDeploy, Jenkins, Electric Cloud etc. to perform build and deployment management
- Effectively communicate guideline and tool usage to IT Development and other IT team members
- Participate in planning discussions with development and other IT teams.
- Maintain expertise in the area of architecture, including industry trends, strategies, and products to ensure that our assets are effectively and efficiently utilized
- Execute Proof of Concepts on behalf of configuration management, CI/CD (continuous integration / continuous deployment) practice, assessing new products and methods, developing and implementing appropriate practices across multiple development environments
- Continuously evaluate and recommend improvement to CI/CD processes
- Design, document and help optimize the CI/CD strategies in order to reduce costs while ensuring quality
Experience, Qualifications, Technical Skills and Abilities
- Continuous Integration tool sets: Hudson, Jenkins, AnthillPro, uBuild, ANT, NANT, Maven, Sonar etc…
- Continuous Deployment tool sets: AnthillPro, uDeploy etc…
- Scripting: perl, shell, python, etc…
- Other Tools: Subversion, Nexus, Accurev, Git, MSTest, SoapUI, Quality Center, HP ALM, other unit and acceptance testing tools
- Technologies: Java, .NET, UNIX/Linux, Oracle, SQL Server, PROFILE, WebSphere, Weblogic, IIS
-Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or military experience
- 5 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle – Configuration Management, Continuous integration and continuous deployment; development and testing
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering