Our client is the leading provider of integrated workplace health and productivity management solutions. They are seeking a contract Senior Project Manager to join their Franklin, TN corporate office for an upcoming project. This position is a vital member of the IT Project Management Team and will be part of a large initiative with multiple project managers reporting to a Program Manager. The Project Manager must have excellent time management skills to function in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating independent work skills and strong work ethic. The Project Manager must be able to communicate clearly in both oral and written communication focusing on project delivery.
The qualified candidate will have strong experience as a project manager for medium and large software development projects within the healthcare EMR/EHR space. Candidates not having direct experience in the following will not be considered:
- Specific and integrated role in analysis and rollout within a clinical environment of a software solution
- Minimum 5 years working with clinical and operational team members
- Experience and knowledge across healthcare disciplines (clinical, payor, biller, adjudication, eligibility, HIPAA/JCAHO)
Essential Job Functions:
- Proven success and experience project managing middle to large customized projects utilizing a strong software development life cycle
- Hands on day-to-day project management functions
- Maintaining project schedules (MS Project)
- Maintaining budget and timesheet variances (MS Excel/MS Project/Planview)
- Daily team interaction and meeting facilitation
- Facilitates all project related status meetings and communications with IT team members and our Business Partners to ensure projects are on target to meet their deadlines.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion. Manages risks and mitigations accordingly.
- Creates and executes timely project work plans with proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Responsible for time management tracking by project.
- Works effectively as a member of a team and independently.
- Maintains a high degree of customer/client/sponsor satisfaction while also maintaining necessary project controls.
- Demonstrates the ability to ‘think outside the box’ while identifying potential problems and developing creative solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates consistent leadership and judgment
- Healthcare background required
- Proven experience and track record of successfully developing and managing projects related to application implementations within the deadline and the budget.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a Project Management role including significant experience in implementation of large to medium size projects.
- Extensive experience with core PM tools including Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Project 2007 Professional, Microsoft Sharepoint, Windows Sharepoint Services 2.0, Microsoft Office 2007 Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.), TFS, and others.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to take ownership of projects assigned with successful deliveries.
- Ability to recognize and escalate situations as deemed necessary.
- Ability to address and resolve all issues utilizing the available resources in a timely and proficient manner.
- Extended working hours may be required as needed.
- Ability to travel as required by project. 20% nationwide
- Knowledge of IT applications and resource teams.
- Experience supervising and/or managing resources.
- PMI certified preferred.
- BA/BS majoring in Accounting, Computer Science, Finance, Information Science, Business Management, or similar field
We provide one of our experienced recruiters at the client site and the client directs their recruiting activities. When our clients have...