EMC Corporation

EMC Corporation Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Jr.Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Franklin, MAAugust 13, 2014
Productive and focused work environment. Teams practice effective communication in order to ensure the timely completion of tasks.
One of the Best Places to Work in RTP
PRINCIPAL EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 11, 2014
Large company, the employees are great, and the leadership is known for watching the direction of the market, and keeping the company on top by targeting product offerings to market needs.
Difficult Place to work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 9, 2014
Pros: work from home, flexible schedule, high quality local team members
Cons: low pay, very long hours, upper management goals conflict with local teams.
The local teams and managers work very long hours in order to please the customers in any way possible (which is our job). Unfortunately upper management has a different set of goals so we are torn between pleasing the customers and administrative metrics. We are able to work from host often when not out in front of customers so that's a place, but – more... that also means we work long hours at night quite a bit. The culture is best described as do whatever it takes to achieve the goal, but often process and procedure bog everyone down. – less
A lot of good people but to many reorgs
Senior Solution Architect (Current Employee), New YotkAugust 5, 2014
EMC transitioning to more of a software focused and it is against the grain of all the internal process and how people react.
Equally balanced of work and free time
Salesforce Administrator (Former Employee), southborough maAugust 5, 2014
First month or so i was learning how to use the product. My final month I was put on a team and involved in a real live production event.
Regional Support Customer Engineer
Regional Support Customer Engineer (Former Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 1, 2014
The person to approve any changes in any of the Verizon Sites in the US. Was at the Computer room if there in
the event of any major outage of the five sites in the northeast. Went to all the sites to train the people new
procurer. Drove to all the five northeast sites at least once a month.
Responsible for providing vision and guidance to a group of – more... over 15 service people, training them on
sufficient project plans and procedures – less
EMC develops, delivers and supports information infrastructure and virtual infrastructure hardware, software, and services.
SAP Business Objects Consultant (Current Employee), Southborough, MAJuly 31, 2014
• Designed universes which isolates, business, end users from the technical complexities of the databases with best practice methodology that responds to identified reporting requirements.
• Created a single and multi source universes using IDT (information design tool).Implanted contexts, aliases derived tables or shortcut joins to resolve the join – more... issues like fan, chasm traps and loops.
• Created Prompts, conditions and Filters to improve the report generation. Also used Alerts to improve the readability of the report.
• Secured the universes data security profile, business security profile and assigned them to users and groups and created row level security based on external security tables.
• Created adhoc and canned webi reports by implementing features like various charts, merging queries, query based on excel files, hyperlink, fold/unfold, input controls etc. – less
Great company
TECHNICAL WRITER/ILLUSTRATOR (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good people, good management, good company
Cons: the cafeteria was great. the coffee was free. it was very hard not to eat too much.
Best place to work in America. Twice.

EMC always had classes available and all employees were encouraged to take continuing education classes.

My management was professional and available.

All of my co-workers were professional and supportive.

We had some rather tight deadlines but WE met them all.

I was allowed to design, create, and illustrate – more... installation documentation with the support of manufacturing and engineering SMEs. – less
ASC Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 28, 2014
EMC is a great place to work. On a typical day, you will contact your customers and confirm times to be onsite for break/fix. Most of the time the customers are very pleasant and happy to see you. As for your co-workers and you, it is a very team based environment. There are many times that I have had to contact a co-worker for assistance.
Great Place
Business/Big Data Analytics Intern (Current Employee), Draper, UTJuly 24, 2014
As a growing organization they're constantly working on ways to improve the opportunities for it's account executives to succeed.
Purchased infrastructure for International Office for EMC Corporation
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: freedom to organize and create own work space.
Cons: advancement within the organization.
Conservative company, hard to advance within the organization. However, I was thrilled with many appreciation and recognition from old executive management and engineering team from Legato (EMC purchased Legato System, Inc.) for my contribution. Learned new software application with Oracle but advancement within organization was limited.
Good Sales Company, Good Products, Not so great culture
Pre-sales Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good company, smart people, good compensation
Cons: a bottom line sales culture. make money your in, miss a quota and your out.
Support the EMC sales staff in their Dallas office. Help to qualify and validate an opportunity based on the customers IT Needs/Pain/Risks. After performing an initial discovery, I would run analysis tools to gather technical data if necessary for designing a solution. Depending on the need and how it matched up with EMC's Hardware/Software portfolio, – more... I would then design and quote a solution. Finally, I would present the solution to the customer, usually through a proposal and executive summary, along with the sales team answering any technical questions they may have.

I learned a lot about sales and sales processes. I learned a lot about EMC portfolio of hardware and software products.

I worked with a lot of smart people who are very driven and committed to their work.

The hardest part of the job was being everything to everybody. As a technical person I reported to a technical manager. As a supporting member of the sales team, I also reported to a sales manager. Making both happy was sometimes a challenge.

The job offered an unbelievable amount of resources and training. – less
great company until was bought out
Payment Processor (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 21, 2014
was a good company to work for until Chase bought them. I loved working there and was there for 5 yrs.
EMC Summary
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAJuly 12, 2014
Overall decent company to work at. Benefits are good. Products and Salaries not kept competitive (typical problems that come with working at a large company). Work Life Balance is good, long hours are expected but working from home can be arranged to offset this.
Great experience but not without its hearthaches
Senior Technical Program Manager (Current Employee), Pleasant Grove, UTJune 23, 2014
We work with the coolest technology in the world!

The hardest part of the job is a lack of clear direction. Employees work hard, but then find find out we are are working on the wrong thing or that the project had all together changed. This was discouraging.
Big co
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 21, 2014
Pros: big
Cons: big
Big co based in Mass. Some of their webpages are weak. Security is so tight - you're lucky if you can go to Google.
Emc is a great place to work
Customer Engineer (Former Employee), Little Rock arkansasJune 18, 2014
Pros: training and working on new equipment as it comes online
Cons: some times the overtime can be overwhelming
Going from customer to site to site performing maintenance, preventive maintenance, and installations to customer specs. having management stand behind our decision is excellent. my cooworkers played a value part in making the customer happy. working on state of the art storage equipment is like a dream come true.
Great Pay and respect work/family balance
Logistical Material Planner (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAJune 13, 2014
Pros: competitive pay
Cons: long hours/stressful
I enjoyed working for this company. The pay was very competitive and they are definitely changing with the times and giving the employees flexibility to balance both work and family life.
I worked for the company for many years and never had a bad manager.
I would work at EMC again
Consultant Program Manager (Former Employee), HopkintonJune 12, 2014
Pros: ability to work remotely, good work culture and respect for life balance
Cons: no true bonus; included in salary which is bogus
Good work life balance.
Smart, good people to work with
I worked remotely, travelled back to HQ quarterly
Exciting and challenging place to work.
Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility with work/life balance, opportunities to learn, and use talent.
Work with cutting edge technologies
- Provide innovative ideas to solve product and infrastructure problems
- Management enables growth and opportunities to thrive. Timelines can be challenging, but very rewarding. I enjoy the creative aspect of using technology to create efficiencies that help EMC save money and reduce time to market.

1 2 3 4 5

About EMC Corporation

EMC has its head in the cloud. And rightly so for a company that's helping businesses build Web-based computing systems with its – Read more

EMC Corporation Photos