EMC Corporation

Job Work/Life balance
Great Technology
Great Training Opportunity
Fun place to work
The only downside in my opinion is the management, too much politics.
Seemed like a decent place to work
Hardware Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: cheap lunch, free coffee
Cons: kind of boring
I was only an Intern at this job so things wernt so exciting. However I could see all of the very interesting things going on. I wouldnt mind working at EMC again.
Lots of new technology
Senior Storage Operation Specialist (Current Employee), New YorkSeptember 5, 2014
Good trainings for every quarter internal or external.
Well experienced people to work.
Flexible time.
Out of Collage first job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great growth
Cons: the commute
EMC is a great place to get your foot in the door. I was originally was hired as the administrative assistant to the district administrator but quickly I showed potential and was additional duties were assigned.

By the end of my time with EMC I had: assisted all district managers, administrators and technical writers. Along with my every day task of – more... being the assistant to the district administrator, office manger, and fill in receptionist. – less
Great Company
Financial Analyst in Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MASeptember 3, 2014
I am currently in my third year of employment as a Financial Analyst on the Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team at EMC. EMC is a great company to work for, and puts an emphasis on career development.
Review
EMC/EMI Test Engineer (Current Employee), Fullerton, CASeptember 3, 2014
I like this company, The stuff is very friendly and kind.
Also love their benefits and health insurance.
Great Company
Safety Consultant (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WISeptember 1, 2014
Pros: salary with benefits, and car
Great opportunity for my 1st career job, after working after my internship @ Golden Books which was 3 mos. and turned in 9 more mos. totally 1 year.
My day usually began meeting @ the office for meeting beginning around 8am, as the days events varied, on the road a lot doing asbestos abatement project throughout southeast Wisconsin school systems. I – more... had good understanding of the all Safety issues fresh out of school and implementing all Golden Books federal, state and local safety programs.
My co-workers and management consisting of 7 employees including myself who were all graduates in the OccupationaL Safety program at UW-Whitewater and founded this consulting firm in Lake Mills.
The job had no difficulties, because I was doing what I enjoy, however if there was any hardships was the timelines and deadlines in the contracts.
This was a dream job in this field because I had an office, I was always doing something different on a daily basis, never getting bored and always being challenged. – less
Second worst place I've worked
Software developer (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: free beer
Cons: low pay
EMC is cheap & refuse to compensate their talent appropriately. Hiring & retention are both serious issues. Some nice people & innovative technology, but management is largely clueless.
No real direction
Consultant (Current Employee), Draper, UTAugust 27, 2014
Pros: great insurance
Cons: work life, management is lost
Management is lost. Bad projects are coming down the pipe. Management has no care about retaining great resources.
•a typical day at work
Regional Manager/Facilities Manager (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOAugust 27, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
One of the best companies I have ever worked for
Level 1 Technician (Former Employee), Franklin, MAAugust 22, 2014
An amazing company and and amazing place to work. An amazing company and and amazing place to work. An amazing company and and amazing place to work. An amazing company and and amazing place to work. An amazing company and and amazing place to work. An amazing company and and amazing place to work. An amazing company and and amazing place to work.
Good Benefits, poor job security
Account Service Representative (Former Employee), Lisle, ILAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
If they can outsource or contract the position out they will
Productive workplace
Jr.Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Franklin, MAAugust 13, 2014
Productive and focused work environment. Teams practice effective communication in order to ensure the timely completion of tasks.
One of the Best Places to Work in RTP
PRINCIPAL EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 11, 2014
Large company, the employees are great, and the leadership is known for watching the direction of the market, and keeping the company on top by targeting product offerings to market needs.
Difficult Place to work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 9, 2014
Pros: work from home, flexible schedule, high quality local team members
Cons: low pay, very long hours, upper management goals conflict with local teams.
The local teams and managers work very long hours in order to please the customers in any way possible (which is our job). Unfortunately upper management has a different set of goals so we are torn between pleasing the customers and administrative metrics. We are able to work from host often when not out in front of customers so that's a place, but – more... that also means we work long hours at night quite a bit. The culture is best described as do whatever it takes to achieve the goal, but often process and procedure bog everyone down. – less
A lot of good people but to many reorgs
Senior Solution Architect (Current Employee), New YotkAugust 5, 2014
EMC transitioning to more of a software focused and it is against the grain of all the internal process and how people react.
Equally balanced of work and free time
Salesforce Administrator (Former Employee), southborough maAugust 5, 2014
First month or so i was learning how to use the product. My final month I was put on a team and involved in a real live production event.
Regional Support Customer Engineer
Regional Support Customer Engineer (Former Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 1, 2014
The person to approve any changes in any of the Verizon Sites in the US. Was at the Computer room if there in
the event of any major outage of the five sites in the northeast. Went to all the sites to train the people new
procurer. Drove to all the five northeast sites at least once a month.
Responsible for providing vision and guidance to a group of – more... over 15 service people, training them on
sufficient project plans and procedures – less
EMC develops, delivers and supports information infrastructure and virtual infrastructure hardware, software, and services.
SAP Business Objects Consultant (Current Employee), Southborough, MAJuly 31, 2014
• Designed universes which isolates, business, end users from the technical complexities of the databases with best practice methodology that responds to identified reporting requirements.
• Created a single and multi source universes using IDT (information design tool).Implanted contexts, aliases derived tables or shortcut joins to resolve the join – more... issues like fan, chasm traps and loops.
• Created Prompts, conditions and Filters to improve the report generation. Also used Alerts to improve the readability of the report.
• Secured the universes data security profile, business security profile and assigned them to users and groups and created row level security based on external security tables.
• Created adhoc and canned webi reports by implementing features like various charts, merging queries, query based on excel files, hyperlink, fold/unfold, input controls etc. – less
Great company
TECHNICAL WRITER/ILLUSTRATOR (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good people, good management, good company
Cons: the cafeteria was great. the coffee was free. it was very hard not to eat too much.
Best place to work in America. Twice.

EMC always had classes available and all employees were encouraged to take continuing education classes.

My management was professional and available.

All of my co-workers were professional and supportive.

We had some rather tight deadlines but WE met them all.

I was allowed to design, create, and illustrate – more... installation documentation with the support of manufacturing and engineering SMEs. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About EMC Corporation

EMC has its head in the cloud. And rightly so for a company that's helping businesses build Web-based computing systems with its – Read more

EMC Corporation Photos