EMC

EMC Employer Reviews

ok
Jack of all trades (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAJanuary 23, 2015
Okay to work at. Some divisions better than others. Work long hours.
Great goup of people to work with!
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee), Franklin, MAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: lots of little perks
Cons: long hours at qtr end
Worked the trenches between the operations group and the sales reps. Responsibilities included accurate and timely input of orders to make sure sales reps were properly compensated and revenue was recognized. We had sales reps with million dollar orders and sales reps with thousand dollar orders. At crunch time - the operation folks wanted to process the large orders until the sales quota was achieved and "push off" the smaller orders until the next accounting period. I had to walk the fence to make sure all orders regardless of size were reported in the correct accounting period.
was a great place work
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
EMC challenge me, was able to train other support engneer in different country. learn many skill such as working computer and peripheral,
Hard driving quarterly driven sales company
Senior Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Had driving culture. Current reorgs in the delivery organization have eliminated some great people who are now seeking new employment opportunities
Productive and a very fun place to work
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), LagosJanuary 21, 2015
The Culture is the most exciting thing, the non-relenting, never say no spirit of the great team is something I cherish.
Great Company
Desktop Support/Help Desk (Current Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 19, 2015
This Company is at the top of technology world and is growing fast! I have learned a lot from being employed here and the environment has been great as well.
Productive and orginized
Computer Tech / Contract (Former Employee), Apex, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: weekly meetings & team functions
Cons: contracts
It has been a great learning experience. Within the first week I felt ahead of the game. The team I was a part of was very helpful and knowledgeable of the tasks I was responisble for. The entire building is very clean and orginized. It was a pleasure contracting with them.
Great employees that are dedicated and customer focused
Sr. Technical Support Manager (Former Employee), RTP, NCJanuary 13, 2015
EMC is a large company with many opportunities for employees. There are so many products and child companies within EMC that you have a wide range of opportunities to learn a new technology or advance in the technology you are in.
na
Middleware Platform Engineer (Current Employee), Southborough, MAJanuary 13, 2015
its great place to work.
learned lot from the team
co-workers more helping nature
Good place to work with lot of facilities
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: good cafeteria
Cons: travelling time
It was fun to be part of EMC. Since I was there in summer lot of activities took place. Only travelling is the concern.
Gym is well equipped. cafeteria is really well maintained. Culture is cool. Lot of space
Overall good place to work with good compensation.
Driven to make sales
Isilon System Engineer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 6, 2015
It is the largest storage company in the world for a reason, everything is focused on making the sale. A little to dog eat dog for my liking, else a great company, good management and great training available.
some day productive
System Technician (Current Employee), Apex, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: payed comp days for contractors
Cons: slow on hiring for a position
some days productive work and other days no work and sitting around. we are here to do a job. so if there no work why are we here. You only come to work to do one thing and that to make money period.
A Nice company to work for
Sr. Business Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Richmon VaJanuary 5, 2015
This is a great company to work for and I enjoy my job. I would recommend working for this company.
System Engineer and Sales Specialist
Southeast BURA Business Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta GAJanuary 4, 2015
Did technical consulting and business strategies for partners and sales teams. Worked with customers for long term content preservation and protection.
Productive and a good place to work
Sr. Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Apex, NCJanuary 3, 2015
EMC is a large IT company world wide with a diverse work environment.
Hard working and talented co-workers
Technical Documentation Program Manager (Former Employee), Park City, UTDecember 15, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: long hours and ever-increasing demands to do more with less
Long hours and high expectations balanced by work-life flexibility. Exceptional co-workers and great team environment. Working on a global team required odd working hours and demanded flexibility from employees across the team. Good pay and exceptional benefits!
EMC is a nice company to work for
SERVICE DELIVERY EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2014
Pros: entrepreneurial, good benefits, smart people
Cons: not a services based company so limited advancement opportunity
My day is spent working with customers and staff members to make sure that day to day service is delivered within expectations. I have learned details around storage and backup. I am lucky to work with many talented people including co-workers, customers and staff.
Good as a contract a more precarious situation as an employee
Schedule and Dispatch Agent (Former Employee), Draper, UTNovember 17, 2014
Pros: high pay $15/hr, great benefits, great co-workers
Cons: minmal management and training, unpredictable/unreliable schedule, high turn around
As a contractor my job was reliable, predictable and enjoyable. The month long training was excellent, my hours were always just as stated and I could always depend on my pay weekly.
As a full time employee, management was too overwhelmed to provide adequate training, we were understaffed and over worked, and therefore everyone was always on edge and irritable. People were constantly being fired or would quit. Often I didn't get paid on my payday or my paycheck would be short. Work schedules were thrown together last minute and often there were discrepancies causing us to be short staffed. My experience here declined dramatically once I was promoted and given a pay raised and converted to a full time position due to the aforementioned issues. I eventually resigned for this reason.
Enjoyable
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster ll (Current Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 9, 2014
Great opportunity to learn

Relaxed atmosphere

Excellent medical benefits
Professional Services Manager in the consulting group
Professional Services Engagement Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 31, 2014
EMC provides information technology data storage solutions. EMC is a leader in systems that store, protect, move, manage, and access Information Technology data.

1 2 3 4 5

About EMC

EMC Corporation (EMC) and its subsidiaries develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry's range of – Read more