EMC

EMC Employer Reviews

Market leading company
Program Manager - Online Labs (Former Employee), Franklin, MAMarch 30, 2015
Good Fortune 500 company that is in the midst of a transition from a hardware-centric company to a more service-oriented and software-oriented company. Very good strategically and improving its execution.
Closest thing to working for the government
Senior Technical Engineer (Former Employee), Draper, UTMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great work-life balance and ability to pursue other interests.
Cons: very low salary, no engagement for my career, and little work satisfaction.
EMC has some great products and is well respected in storage as well as in security (RSA). This company gave me the best work-life balance I've ever had. When 5pm came, I shut down, went home, and wasn't bothered by anyone.

That being said, this is not a company that creates innovation but rather buys it and then stamps it out little by little. Managers are concerned about compliance and don't like new ideas that change things. Even with my higher degree, I was very much a factory worker here and not engaged in change.
Very fun sales group
Summer College Intern (Former Employee), Franklin, TNMarch 22, 2015
I really enjoyed working with the guys here and they taught me so much about the industry and about the professional world in general.
Productive and fast paced environment
Senior Support Sales Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexible hours and ability to work remote
A fast paced and busy typical work day. Company rolled out new systems that helped me to learn and know Oracle, SAP, SalesForce. Diversity in the workforce and global offices helped me to develop good working rapport with different teams. Management style helped foster an environment for workers to thrive and do good. Worked with a good group of co-workers. Hardest part of the job was at times waiting on other groups on high volume days. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility and ability to work remote.
Identity & Access Management (Current Employee), Southborough, MAMarch 16, 2015
Good work atmosphere
• Specific responsibilities include supporting Identity and User Provisioning including Active Directory in a enterprise Microsoft domain architecture.
• Troubleshoot RSA Secure ID RSA token / Cisco SSL VPN issues and implementing new security policy.
• Resolving Issues related in RSA, ACE RSA Server, VPN, Active Directory, Group Policy, LDAP, and Exchange.
• Collaborates with other teams such as Engineering, Systems and Network Security Operations to resolve issues.
• Responsible for testing of Courion account provisioning product. recommend fixes and enhancements. Beta testing of RSA help desk portal administration web application.
• Analyzes identity and access management onboarding processes /workflows, recommends ways to improve efficiency.
A great place to work.
Associate Accountant (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, employee satisfaction
Cons: heavy work load
The work load at EMC can be heavy at times, but they are very flexible with your work/personal schedule. Good pay, good benefits. Rated 18th for Great Places to Work in 2014!
Decent place to work
Senior Web Content Editor (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAMarch 13, 2015
EMC is a decent place to work, but it's easy to get stuck. The pay and benefits are good, but advancement opportunities are few and far between for many.
ROCC (Operations Center)
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee), Pleasant Grove, UtahMarch 11, 2015
Support approximately 6000 machines running Linux to insure proper operation of the following products: Mozy Online backups, vSaaS (Video as a Service), AT&T Cloud Storage (Atmos Product) and any future CLOUD initiatives, in a 24 hour operation.

Member of The “Rubicon Operations Control Center” which is the front line for all operations in the Cloud Foundry, BOSH, Mozy (Cloud Backups), and AT&T Cloud Storage (Atmos Product)
Great Place to work
Account Service Representative (Current Employee), Conshohocken, PAMarch 9, 2015
I have learned both sides of the business with both Sales and Customer service. Doing mostly project management in my current position, I have had the opportunity to learn new systems. My co-workers have been great in teaching me the new systems.
Interesting
District Sales Process Coordinator (Former Employee), Westerville, OHMarch 5, 2015
Great pay, benefits, and co-workers. I loved working with the sales team and being a part of the end of month/ quarter/ year-end goals.
good work/life balance
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee), Santa ClaraMarch 2, 2015
Pros: good technology, friendly people, work/life balance
Cons: re-org too often; slow
friendly team members, everyone is open to learn from each other;
very good work/life balance, managers are very reasonable on that;
too many re-orgs and slows down development;
EMC
Dispatcher/Security Officer (Current Employee), Apex, NCFebruary 28, 2015
I love my job. I get the chance to be the first to know about issues in other facilities and to fix them or get somebody to fix them.
GOOD
Account Service Representative (Current Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 27, 2015
• Responsible for project managing service change activities, including changes related to customer requests, product upgrades, FCOs, EMC Technical Advisory (ETA), and reconfigurations for assigned accounts. This includes EMC maintained, as well as ASP partner maintained products from EMC''s portfolio.
• Ensure individual customer issues have the right focus and skilled resources assigned
• Has overall visibility into all open service requests for a given account/set of accounts; ensuring requests are on track, driven to closure, and meeting customer expectations.
• Provides Account Management Plan that may include, but not limited to; install base information, code levels, remote support, site messages, service history, and contract entitlement. Ensures that EMC and the customer execute against a defined plan
• Manages accounts that may include a range of EMC products and serves as key interface for maintenance support with customer.
• Oversees account information: product portfolio, configurations, microcode status, installation dates. Also manage and track maintenance/warranty coverage status, contracted coverage dates and renewal schedules.
• Work closely with district service managers to ensure no backlog. Backup to managers to clear service requests or customer needs, when requested on specific service activities
• Serves as primary point of contact for the customer regarding service related issues and conducts and leads Customer Services account review meetings with the customer.
• Identifies, facilitates and ensures effective communication of all service related queries and problem resolution from the customer to corporate resources.
Strong product focused company
Channel Sales (Current Employee), America'sFebruary 27, 2015
EMC is very committed to be number one in all aspects of the business. From products, to the selling motion.
Its a great opportunity for individuals out of college or 2nd job to get trained on how to articulate the value proposition of a number of products.
challenging position
Associate Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Franklin, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Associate Inside Sales Representative
Follow up on leads and sales qualifications, offering extensions to existing customers and establishing new client relationships.
Continuously improve the client experience through sales initiative development and implementation of customer satisfaction surveys.
Award winning corporation
Principle Process Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Apex, NCFebruary 21, 2015
Manage projects to assist the process engineering group with lean six sigma manufacturing cell type layouts from original AutoCAD drawings to final layout. Follow up with cell personnel to achieve total satisfaction with process and layout with all parties involved.
Learned a lot of things to get my job done
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park and Durham, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: bonsus's were inconsistant
solid 8-9 hr days Monday through Friday
I learned to use Oracle, Oracle/SAP, some eCAT and Service Now
Most management were great to work especially with local managers
Worked some very good people
Constant updating your processes to be just return to a prior flow due to some team saying it doesn't work for them
getting the training I received and the people I got to know over the years
Software Engineering Consultant (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Has lots of opportunity to learn and grow. Work place with good work life balance. Management understands engineers well and support.
Awesome
Symmetrix Support Engineer (Former Employee), Pleasant Grove, UTFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime when it first started
Cons: they don't like to give raises.
One of the best jobs I have ever worked at, just got laid off. I handled many global corporations Symmetrix remotely and I was really good at it and training other people on my team.
Great Company
eMarketing Programs Specialist (Former Employee), Amarillo, TX - Woked Remotely from Home officeFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the support remote employees
EMC is a great company with great people. Love that they were open to having remote employees. I was able to work fully remote for my entire career with EMC (10yrs and 10 months). They have a great work ethic and open to advancement for all employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About EMC

EMC Corporation (EMC) and its subsidiaries develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry's range of – Read more

EMC Salaries