EMC

EMC Employee Reviews

A wonderful place to work
Senior Administrative (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAAugust 27, 2015
I would definitely recommend to anyone to work here. Work life balance is very good. It's a fun and incredible place to work, with real good people that work there. I most enjoyed working with my peers and customers and being a part of this company. The benefit package is one of the best you could ask for. I loved working there very much and the people I worked with. I would recommend working there to anyone. :)
Great company to work for if you want to work and learn more
Practice Consultant, Data Consolidation (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2015
Pros: training and travel
Cons: minimal opensource involvement
Training regiment is provided; long weeks, but rewarding. At times goals seem unbelievable but EMC sales storage, thus goals need to be quite optimistic to enable harder workers.
The jobs are moving to Bangalore
Program Management, Program Delivery Management (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great experience
Cons: No work/life balance. No advancement.
At some point, anyone costing more than $xx.00 per hour will be cut.

Start looking to do the consulting thing if you want to live in the US.
Great co-workers, and work environment
Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer II / Lead (Former Employee), hopkington, MAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, and work environment
Cons: Work/life balance needs to be adjusted a bit.
Great co-workers, and work environment.
Work/life balance needs to be adjusted a bit.
Great products, but over management.
Large Data storage company
Production Associate (Former Employee), Franklin, MAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: great company, great training
Cons: very large company can feel like a # somtimes
one of the largest data storage company's in the world, about 60k employees world wide. Great experience and training, Lots of great people and good work environment
Awesome place to work
Consultant Software Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAAugust 24, 2015
Awesome place to work, supportive management. Work content is very interesting, challenging and rewarding. Best part of the job is working with EXTREMELY talented people, working as a team to deliver the best data storage and management products available.
Good benefits with the illusion of work life balance
Solutions Architect (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits, flexible hours
Cons: unreasonable expectations
The benefits of working at EMC are great. Good healthcare, employee stock purchase plan, free life insurance, and other side benefits.

But, on the delivery side they have set unreasonably high for utilization. If one took 3 weeks of vacation, all their floating days, training, a week of sick time, and holidays off they would need to be 103% billable every other working hour to achieve EMC's Utilization goals.

Then you'll get to read blog post about how EMC is focused on work/life balance. Feel free to comment and ask questions that'll never be addressed.
EMC
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Franklin, MAAugust 12, 2015
The company is excellent, the people are great and management is very fair. I learned a lot at EMC and continue to learn however the major downfall to this company is the unclear career path in pre sales. More importantly they cannot seem to retain talent due to lack of compensation and it makes it even more difficult to further your career as you have to constantly assist in trainings and leading your team to just meet quarterly goals.
Good Place to Work, Not Much Growth
Partner Support Center - Pricing (Current Employee), Franklin, MAAugust 4, 2015
The community is really great at EMC, but it is a large corporation and growth is time consuming and arduous. The company makes it difficult to advance. Management encourages you to look at other positions within the company, but then does not accept your leaving very well
Good working environment. Not much scope of growth
Big data engineering intern (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAAugust 4, 2015
The work environment is very good at Pivotal, Palo Alto. Gives a feeling of startup and you will want to work.
People are good, however too many senior level people and they are not ready to take entry level people. Professionalism is maintained, but their products lack market requirements.
Good Environment to work in
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 31, 2015
Overall the people and culture itself at EMC are very welcoming and friendly. There is someone always willing to assist you when needed.
Best work environment, professional with casual dress
Schedule and Dispatch Specialist (Current Employee), Draper, UTJuly 29, 2015
This is the best job I've ever had. The work schedule is flexible as they operate 24/7. There's the option of working remotely when needed. Management is always willing to improve the daily process by including the team feedback. The monthly fun activities are a great way to create comradery amongst the teams and improve communications.
Use to play the pool and Gym woke out
vmware /vcloud admin (Current Employee), NYJuly 27, 2015
The benefits here are good. The company is on top and still on the rise. The management knows what they are doing and where they are going.
Overall, provides excellent work environment and benefits
Professional Services (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: job security; outsourcing
Very comprehensive benefits package. Quarterly bonus plan goals are typically within an individual's reach. Continues to push many professional services jobs to overseas work centers.
Intern
Talent Acquisition Intern (Former Employee), HopkintonJuly 23, 2015
Great company to work for, they were so helpful in training, and gave me time off as an intern. I learned so much and felt like a full time employee instead of just an intern.
GREAT JOB, GREAT BENEFITS, DON'T EXPECT TO GET HIRED IN
EMPLOYEE (Former Employee), Franklin, MAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: FREE COFFEE, GREAT ATMOSPHERE.
Cons: TEMPORARY, DON'T EXPECT TO GET HIRED IN.
REALLY GREAT COMPANY. GOOD PAY, BUT THE BIGGEST DOWNSIDE IS THAT YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER GET HIRED IN. THERE'S PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN THERE FOR 5-8 YEARS NOT KNOWING IF THEY'LL HAVE THEIR JOB THE NEXT MONTH.
Data Migrations (VMAX 20, 40, 3 K's)
Sr. Technical Program Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Good pay for contractors
Cons: layoffs
Good company with a myriad of training opportunities. Good communication skills company and ability to interact with multiple lines of business regarding infrastructure projects.
great technology company with a great work environment and coworkers.
Schedule & Account Services (Current Employee), Draper - UtahJuly 14, 2015
Pros: diversity and constant learning of different process to better assist our clients.
Cons: stress
I work on schedule and account services department on Latin America team. Dynamic, multitask on fast pace environment our team covers all Latin America break-fix and correct maintenance cases of our products. We are multilingual position to provide customer service on your culture and language.
Great Job with High stakes
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Stress and pressure, no time off. Few breaks
My job is a simple yet sometimes stressful job. I answer and direct phone calls to potential customers for EMC. I must do so with a smile and ensure exceptional customer services. I must maintain a diligent work ethic and record failed data entry logs of EMC employees.
highly productive team with motivation ethics
machanical assembler (Former Employee), Apex NCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: free coffe
Cons: healthcare
-was a fun environment
-learned how to have patience
-had a very highly motivated team
-hardest part of my job was work late nights