EMC

EMC Employer Reviews

challenging position
Associate Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Franklin, MAFebruary 23, 2015
Associate Inside Sales Representative
Follow up on leads and sales qualifications, offering extensions to existing customers and establishing new client relationships.
Continuously improve the client experience through sales initiative development and implementation of customer satisfaction surveys.
Award winning corporation
Principle Process Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Apex, NCFebruary 21, 2015
Manage projects to assist the process engineering group with lean six sigma manufacturing cell type layouts from original AutoCAD drawings to final layout. Follow up with cell personnel to achieve total satisfaction with process and layout with all parties involved.
Learned a lot of things to get my job done
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park and Durham, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: bonsus's were inconsistant
solid 8-9 hr days Monday through Friday
I learned to use Oracle, Oracle/SAP, some eCAT and Service Now
Most management were great to work especially with local managers
Worked some very good people
Constant updating your processes to be just return to a prior flow due to some team saying it doesn't work for them
getting the training I received and the people I got to know over the years
Software Engineering Consultant (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Has lots of opportunity to learn and grow. Work place with good work life balance. Management understands engineers well and support.
Awesome
Symmetrix Support Engineer (Former Employee), Pleasant Grove, UTFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime when it first started
Cons: they don't like to give raises.
One of the best jobs I have ever worked at, just got laid off. I handled many global corporations Symmetrix remotely and I was really good at it and training other people on my team.
Great Company
eMarketing Programs Specialist (Former Employee), Amarillo, TX - Woked Remotely from Home officeFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the support remote employees
EMC is a great company with great people. Love that they were open to having remote employees. I was able to work fully remote for my entire career with EMC (10yrs and 10 months). They have a great work ethic and open to advancement for all employees.
Established company with plenty of room for growth
Account Executive (Former Employee), USAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: life/work balance
If you are looking for a very established company with great products and room to grow then this is the place for you. Plenty of opportunity to hone your craft and create lasting relationships.
Great Products
Sr. Technology Consultant (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 15, 2015
Subject Matter Expert
Enterprise Customer Base
Challenging Complex Work
Freedom to manage technical aspects of territory with Sales Exec.
Good culture but outdated
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: coworkers, environement, work/life balance, adaptability
Cons: facilities, culture, long term vision
The work environment at EMC is challenging in a good way. They expect a lot of every person. The one draw back is that the facilities and policies are 5-10 years behind a cutting edge technology company and as a result the innovative and creative elements suffer.

I love my co-workers and direct management line but it is hard to understand the vision and destination of the most senior leaders of the company. They do a good job with the corporate marketing message but hearing that message and seeing it executed are very different endeavors.
At one time a great place to work and grow - no longer true.
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: difficult environment
A typical day in the office consisted of managing diverse teams and at all times remaining politically correct. The management team is more interested in that aspect of the organization rather than getting anything done. Constant review of decisions crippled work progress. Co-workers were outstanding to work with however as frustrated as everyone else. The most enjoyable part of this company is it's people - always.
Good atmosphere to work in
Upgrade Engineer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Company training was ok but the people were great! There was plenty of parking and the free coffee helped in the morning.
ok
Jack of all trades (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAJanuary 23, 2015
Okay to work at. Some divisions better than others. Work long hours.
Great goup of people to work with!
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee), Franklin, MAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: lots of little perks
Cons: long hours at qtr end
Worked the trenches between the operations group and the sales reps. Responsibilities included accurate and timely input of orders to make sure sales reps were properly compensated and revenue was recognized. We had sales reps with million dollar orders and sales reps with thousand dollar orders. At crunch time - the operation folks wanted to process the large orders until the sales quota was achieved and "push off" the smaller orders until the next accounting period. I had to walk the fence to make sure all orders regardless of size were reported in the correct accounting period.
was a great place work
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
EMC challenge me, was able to train other support engneer in different country. learn many skill such as working computer and peripheral,
Hard driving quarterly driven sales company
Senior Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Had driving culture. Current reorgs in the delivery organization have eliminated some great people who are now seeking new employment opportunities
Productive and a very fun place to work
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), LagosJanuary 21, 2015
The Culture is the most exciting thing, the non-relenting, never say no spirit of the great team is something I cherish.
Great Company
Desktop Support/Help Desk (Current Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 19, 2015
This Company is at the top of technology world and is growing fast! I have learned a lot from being employed here and the environment has been great as well.
Productive and orginized
Computer Tech / Contract (Former Employee), Apex, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: weekly meetings & team functions
Cons: contracts
It has been a great learning experience. Within the first week I felt ahead of the game. The team I was a part of was very helpful and knowledgeable of the tasks I was responisble for. The entire building is very clean and orginized. It was a pleasure contracting with them.
Great employees that are dedicated and customer focused
Sr. Technical Support Manager (Former Employee), RTP, NCJanuary 13, 2015
EMC is a large company with many opportunities for employees. There are so many products and child companies within EMC that you have a wide range of opportunities to learn a new technology or advance in the technology you are in.
na
Middleware Platform Engineer (Current Employee), Southborough, MAJanuary 13, 2015
its great place to work.
learned lot from the team
co-workers more helping nature

1 2 3 4 5

About EMC

EMC Corporation (EMC) and its subsidiaries develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry's range of – Read more