EMC

EMC Employer Reviews

Good as a contract a more precarious situation as an employee
Schedule and Dispatch Agent (Former Employee), Draper, UTNovember 17, 2014
Pros: high pay $15/hr, great benefits, great co-workers
Cons: minmal management and training, unpredictable/unreliable schedule, high turn around
As a contractor my job was reliable, predictable and enjoyable. The month long training was excellent, my hours were always just as stated and I could always depend on my pay weekly.
As a full time employee, management was too overwhelmed to provide adequate training, we were understaffed and over worked, and therefore everyone was always on edge and – more... irritable. People were constantly being fired or would quit. Often I didn't get paid on my payday or my paycheck would be short. Work schedules were thrown together last minute and often there were discrepancies causing us to be short staffed. My experience here declined dramatically once I was promoted and given a pay raised and converted to a full time position due to the aforementioned issues. I eventually resigned for this reason. – less
Enjoyable
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster ll (Current Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 9, 2014
Great opportunity to learn

Relaxed atmosphere

Excellent medical benefits
Professional Services Manager in the consulting group
Professional Services Engagement Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 31, 2014
EMC provides information technology data storage solutions. EMC is a leader in systems that store, protect, move, manage, and access Information Technology data.
good place to work
Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAOctober 27, 2014
good culture. worked with great people. gained experience in different areas of finance.
Exciting and challenging products to work on, recommned
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: demanding
dynamic and challenging company, great benefits,
exciting work enviroment
Great job if you like sales
Sr. Systems/Sales Engineer (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 17, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, technology
Cons: strategy, portfolio confusion
EMC is a great job if you are sales oriented. Everything is about the business. Compensation and direction are very focused. Strategy can be confusing at times because of the large portfolio. Lots of growth and stability. Great benefits.
Team orientated company
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2014
The hardest part of the job was traveling. I had to leave my family for 3-4 days at a time.
man power
Production Associate (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAOctober 15, 2014
temp agency man power is a joke. the management at emc plays favorites with employees that have parents working there
Hard work no play
Material Handler (Former Employee), Apex, NCOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: additional paid vacation days
My typical day at work was on night shift, I didn't have a lot of interaction with management only my peers. I come in to work and unpack my material, label the parts,and placed them in there right locator. My shift ended with a clean up of the area for the morning crew to take over. Prior the morning shift beginning I would give them a brief shift – more... exchange of what had come in and what has been completed.

My co-workers were enjoyable to work around.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the flexibility that management allowed me to attend my son's school functions.

The hardest part of my job was learning a new computer system which eventually I became proficient because of my daily usage. – less
Excellent peers that I enjoyed working with.
Global Program Manager (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CaOctober 10, 2014
Excellent peers that I enjoyed working with.
Program Management, NPI.
Key word is "perception"
Good company to work for,believes in a good work/life balance
Refurbishing Technician (Former Employee), Franklin, MAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: terrific company tro learnan and apply computer knowledge, in both building, refurbishing computer cabs.data storage and erasure procedures, working with the principles of lean manufacturing standards, 5s, six sigma standards.
Cons: company's waiting period of hiring is too long, must stay contractor (temp) for at least 1 year / year and a half if they do decide to hire you.
My experiance was a good with EMC,,learned alot and put into practice Lean Manufacturing principles,
productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Web Developer (Former Employee), Franklin, MAOctober 5, 2014
flexible work time range.
Nice working environment.
Co-workers are mostly experienced, professional and nice to get along with.
Worked from home last 5 years
Schedule & Dispatch Specialist (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAOctober 3, 2014
• Analyzing customer-request tickets, contacting customers to arrange for service, and ordering parts if required.
• Assisting Customer Engineers in the field with resolving technical difficulties, scheduling, and ordering parts.
• Ensuring Customer Engineer routes were set up properly, and tickets were scheduled and dispatched in a timely manner.
DIRECTOR, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (Former Employee), NCOctober 3, 2014
Cons: too many org changes
EMC is a good company to work for. The only issue I have is that the senior leadership team needs to get its act together as the storage division has been in continuous re-org mode for the last 3-5 years. Every new exec wants to change things till they are walked out.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 1, 2014
Pros: flexible atmosphere, stimulating
Cons: occasionally high pressure
For the very most part, EMC management was competent, supportive, and personable. The work environment was flexible in terms of dress and hours in the office. The real concern was getting projects done on time with quality.My coworkers were all bright, creative, supportive, and friendly. It was probably the best and most challenging place I've worked.
Highly recommended place to work
Principal Systems Engineer - PreSales (Current Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 26, 2014
Empowering environment where individual contributions are encouraged and valued.
Productive place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee), Apex, NCSeptember 24, 2014
A typical day includes lifting and packing hard drives into boxes. Loading them onto a pallet and moving them to specific place.
EMC
HR (Current Employee), MASeptember 22, 2014
Demanding work environment, tough work life balance and culture..
Extremely driven company
Advisory Technology Consultant OSpecialist (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great bonuses for great performance
Cons: sometimes can be too business oriented and missing some fun
EMC is a fast paced company with growth ambition, organically and through M&A.
Every day was different, never boring and most of the employees are stellar performers.
If there is a blemish on their record is the lack of diversity at the top executive level.
Great Job Culture
Senior System Engineer (Current Employee), Durham, NCSeptember 13, 2014
Job Work/Life balance
Great Technology
Great Training Opportunity
Fun place to work
The only downside in my opinion is the management, too much politics.

1 2 3 4 5

About EMC

EMC Corporation (EMC) and its subsidiaries develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry's range of – Read more