EMC

EMC Employee Reviews

Very nice work environment with talanted people
Principal Engineer (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Every location has good fitness centers
Cons: Outsourcing of most HW engineering projects to oversea
Nice place to work. Results oriented, relatively flexible work schedule. But, company is more focusing on software engineering now and less on hardware.
Interesting work.
Senior Software QA Engineer - BRS Division (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 18, 2015
Interesting work, but the people worked with provided the most enjoyment.

Various projects. Able to meet with partners.
Job is okay it has some down falls
Production Associate (Current Employee), Apex, NCMay 14, 2015
I feel as if the job can be a great place to work if everyone knew how to act like adults and get along with one another. I have been here for a 1 year. The job is very diverse and you can learn alot from working here. There is a lot of things that can be improved upon but, it is hard to change things here when you are only a contractor. The hardest part of the job would be making sure you are doing your job correctly and that there is no issues. The enjoyable part is meeting new people and learning new things.
great place to work
Production Associate (Current Employee), Apex, NCMay 3, 2015
Pros: good pay, great coworkers
Cons: job sercurity
great place, just hate not knowing if they will bring me back the next quarter but other than that its a good place. Met a lot of people work there.
Great Company
PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Great job, great company
Cons: None
Enjoyed working at EMC as a Consultant Program Manager. Culture very supportive. Management shared information on goals and objectives of the organization.
Its great
EMC Service Engineer (Current Employee), DCApril 30, 2015
If you have the chance dont miss out on getting a job here. its a great work environment. Would like to work here for a long time. they have great benefits and the opportunities are endless.
Productive and a good place to work
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Apex, NCApril 29, 2015
I enjoyed being a associate at EMC I would let anyone know it is a good place to work. While employed at EMC I had the pleasure to learn alot abut hard drives.
ZERO fun, zero team-building
Channel Partner Sales Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 27, 2015
EMC had an enormous in the race to develop the best and most advanced information Software in the Industry, and they were enormously successful. The rest of the Industry caught-up, the dot com bubble burst, and the company simply became an unbearable place to work. I did learn a lot about hard work and discipline, but I also learned that leadership should treat people with respect and dignity.
Team player and Contributor
Associate Web Producer (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
I enjoyed being with EMC for the past 16 years.
Each day I learned need techniques and procedures and expanding my horizons.
I had several jobs while I was employed and truly enjoyed everyone along with the wonderful managers I had throughout the years.
Competitive and fun work environment
Sale enablement (Current Employee), Greater Boston AreaApril 24, 2015
EMC has been great, but there isn't always a lot of transparency into how to get a raise or promotion. It is also very competitive, which I like, but others my not. Great benefits and people!
Great Management and Co-workers
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee), Durham, NCApril 16, 2015
Very good experience in the introduction to Big Data and the network support structure that surrounds it's implementation and legacy support to the Windows product line as well as Linux.
Productive place
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee), Southborough, MAApril 9, 2015
Big Business with a family touch feel. Very much ingrained that work life balance is important. Deliverable must be met and the energy shows.
This is a company that made a bigger name for itself than it should have when it came to working there.
Executive Administrator II (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: LIttle pay for the work
Not the best place to work for. EMC is a hard place to get into, and one you're there, they require you to work extra hours, and do extra things, that never get rewarded.
Detail oriented job with good benefits.
Assembly line worker (Former Employee), Shawnee, KSApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good benefits.
Cons: Not much opportunity for growth in the company due to robots.
In my time there I learned how to assemble electronic cigarettes. The workplace didn't provide much room for error or nonsense. A well rounded job that paid well and had good benefits overall.
Intel
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), FolsomApril 7, 2015
Pros: Customer satisfaction
Cons: Management not connected to employees
Typical Day: Meeting with Architecture management
What I Learned: Architecture CAD systems, very cool
Management: Not connected to employees
Co-workers: Not happy with management
Hardest part of the job: Not receiving support of products
Enjoyable part of the job: Customer satisfaction
Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible Manager
Cons: Hard to work with upper management
My typical day is running break/fix activities in my area. I learned about the vast products and how to support them including troubleshooting issues. I enjoyed the management team as a whole and the training was excellent. My co-workers were very team oriented and we worked our hardest to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was pleasing some higher management that could not see the finer details of day-to-day operations.
Interesting, stimulating environment
Senior Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Franklin, MAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good management, all-round great culture
Cons: none noted
Very diverse group of engineers. Management committed to helping employees build resumes and move to different jobs within the company. Company has cafeteria serving variety of fresh made foods and a desire to provide employees with a fun place to work..
Great benefits, low pay and work life balance is troubling
Consultant (Current Employee), Draper, UTApril 1, 2015
Pros: Greatest benefits available
Cons: Very low pay in Utah and work life balance is not good
EMC has the best benefits available (i.e. healthcare, dental, vision, even 4 weeks paid off {men or woman} for childbirths; 401K match and stock buying options.

But EMC pays very low in Utah vs what they pay for the same job in other states (-$30K difference). But travel and 60+ work hours expectations are the same.
Market leading company
Program Manager - Online Labs (Former Employee), Franklin, MAMarch 30, 2015
Good Fortune 500 company that is in the midst of a transition from a hardware-centric company to a more service-oriented and software-oriented company. Very good strategically and improving its execution.
Closest thing to working for the government
Senior Technical Engineer (Former Employee), Draper, UTMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great work-life balance and ability to pursue other interests.
Cons: very low salary, no engagement for my career, and little work satisfaction.
EMC has some great products and is well respected in storage as well as in security (RSA). This company gave me the best work-life balance I've ever had. When 5pm came, I shut down, went home, and wasn't bothered by anyone.

That being said, this is not a company that creates innovation but rather buys it and then stamps it out little by little. Managers are concerned about compliance and don't like new ideas that change things. Even with my higher degree, I was very much a factory worker here and not engaged in change.

1 2 3 4 5

About EMC

EMC Corporation (EMC) and its subsidiaries develops, delivers and supports the information technology (IT) industry's range of – Read more

EMC Salaries