EMC Employee Reviews

Emc
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAFebruary 4, 2016
I really enjoy working at EMC, the environment is healthy and the job is always changing. I believe change is an important thing to be able to work with daily because that is how you take on more work and become the best employee you can be. I have worked with 100+ million partners daily and I have become the support for all federal partners in the one year I have been at EMC. The reason I am looking for jobs elsewhere is the merger that has made job security, not as strong to say the least. Right now I am a contractor with Judge through EMC and that is another negative. Overall I have grown as a business professional with EMC and I recognize that this is a great company.
Pros
Comp days, flexible hours
Cons
No benefits, healthcare, vacation time, contractor
Technically challenging, diverse workforce, professional leadership.
SENIOR CUSTOMER ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 3, 2016
As a Customer Engineer I faced a wide and diverse customer base every day. EMC is a Global company and I would speak with colleagues and customers in Australia, China, Japan, Ireland and Germany on any given day. Technically, I spent a great deal of time in large enterprise data centers and cloud locations. Unfortunately, due to non-disclosure agreements,I could never tell anyone where or when I would go on site. This made me feel kind of autonomous and special. EMC is an exciting and cutting edge company for anyone who enjoys a technical challenge and does not mind drinking from a fire hose. The training department is top notch and known throughout the industry as one of the best knowledge transfer venues in the world. One of the best companies to work for.
Pros
Excellent training and knowledge Web sites. Very culturally diverse. Never a dull moment.
Cons
Lots of overtime.
Great place to work for
Sr Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Great place to work for. Nice coworkers, good management - even though sometimes they don't know what they doing (but this depends on department to department).
Good Work / life balance
Associate Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAFebruary 2, 2016
flexible schedules( create your own schedule), able to work from home often
close group of co workers
good benefits
not micro managed
Cons
job security
Enjoyed consulting and working for EMC for over 15 years
Sr. Storage Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJFebruary 1, 2016
A company I was very happy to work with. Many hard workers dedicated to getting the job done professionally. We worked many long nights and weekends to ensure excellent delivery, all with a team atmosphere.
Good Company
Analyst Finance & Operations (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAFebruary 1, 2016
I worked here fro about a year on contract basis. Its a good company with a lot of good people. Only our team was not properly managed in terms of internal forecasts
work life inbalances
Technical Support Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 31, 2016
You never know where you stand. Changing schedule based on what management wants. Selecting people to work weekends is random and more directed at whom they liked or didn't like.
Pros
Free soda and coffee
Highly reccommended place to work with great people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Handling all aspects of the office which includes:

Answer all phones.
Responsible for the onboarding of all new hires.
Order all office supplies for Tampa location (as well as some off-site areas).
Maintain calendars for conference room meetings.
Order breakfast, lunches as needed for conference room meetings.
Responsible for all FedEx/Ups deliveries and pick-ups.
Make travel arrangements for management
Reconcile supervisor’s monthly business credit card
Overall great place to work, Dell merger could bring issues
Senior Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Overall great place to work, Dell merger could bring issues. Great overall company but the merger could bring issues as jobs that should not be expendable became such without warning.
Pros
Great caf, onsite gyms, great work life balance
Cons
Uncertainties with the merger
Productive and fast paced
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Contract role for 18 months. Very fast paced environment with expectations constantly rising. Large company where you have do go above and beyond to be recognized. currently under a M&A
Pros
compensation, work life balance
Cons
Job security(M&A)
With Dell Acquisition, EMC Big Data is aspiring for business transformation
Principal Software Engineer - BigData (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 23, 2016
EMC provided a great work life balance, compensation. On the downside, the company underwent many acquisitions and because of the Management decisions, the direction of the projects had changed frequently
Good company
SQL Server Developer (Current Employee) –  Southborough, MAJanuary 21, 2016
Good place to work with, Excellent management, Employee centric, can travel over the world if you perform well. keep rocking
Great company in flux due to buyout and layoffs
Engineering Technician III (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 17, 2016
I loved my job but was caught in the current "Restructuring" so I am once again looking for a new job.
Stay cautious of a job here as you may not have one after the Dell merger.
EMC is a great place to work
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2016
EMC strives to exceed customer expectations by delivering products and services that are a cut above industry standards.
If your self motivated with strong organizational skills and dedicated to your career then EMC will be an enjoyable place to grow in the IT industry. I would not hesitate to accept another position with them in the future.
Pros
too many to name
Great Company
Database marketing (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAJanuary 15, 2016
From benefits to work life balance and opportunities to advance, EMC is a amazing company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the talent.
About as bad as they come
Associate Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 12, 2016
The only thing good i can say about this place is that they gave me a job when i was laid off. that's about it.

Some of the fun things i was dealt with:

-working after hours or overtime, sometimes without pay, because the manager was working so we had to work.

-being told "you are replaceable" every chance they got to tell you

-absolutely no training. expected to know everything about every product and if you have questions, tough. you should have known.
Global Company - Excellent Benefits
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 9, 2016
Large global company with excellent pay and benefits. As part of the professional services division, I saw lots of change as EMC expanded the consulting practice and ultimately combined it with the product delivery services team.
just a number
Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 1, 2016
its all about making numbers and not the people. Worked 60-70 hours weekly. expected to be on call all of the time. became burnt out quickly
EMC is a great place to work and build a career
Principal SW Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MADecember 29, 2015
EMC has been one of the most influential data storage providers for several decades and for the last 19 years have had the honor to work there working on leading edge storage products. The pay is competitive with attractive bonus incentives and better than average benefits.
The work culture at EMC is diversified and dynamic. You are challenged to be a team contributor and make a difference.
You'll learn much from the co-workers that are among the best and brightest in IT and thru the company training classes offered at EMCU to advance your career.
Software projects can have challenging inter-departmental dependencies. It was always pleasing how well these departments would work together at crunch time to make a schedule. The sense of personal responsibility and pride required to make that happen so consistently is a testament to the people that work there.
Pros
Dynamic work environment, career advancement opportunities
Cons
Job postings for EMC locations in Massachusetts are few
Fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCDecember 29, 2015
It was mostly a daily routine working at EMC, so I had all the knowledge I need to know to complete every task. From packing and wrapping to picking and shipping. Every employee was always nice and generous and never had any problems with any of them. The hardest part of the job were just orders that I had to pick that didn't have the right information given on them and go through a process to have it correct.
Pros
Cafeteria, Co workers, Indoors, and free Coffee
Cons
Department Supervisors