EMC Employee Reviews

Good Environment to work in
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 31, 2015
Overall the people and culture itself at EMC are very welcoming and friendly. There is someone always willing to assist you when needed.
Best work environment, professional with casual dress
Schedule and Dispatch Specialist (Current Employee), Draper, UTJuly 29, 2015
This is the best job I've ever had. The work schedule is flexible as they operate 24/7. There's the option of working remotely when needed. Management is always willing to improve the daily process by including the team feedback. The monthly fun activities are a great way to create comradery amongst the teams and improve communications.
Use to play the pool and Gym woke out
vmware /vcloud admin (Current Employee), NYJuly 27, 2015
The benefits here are good. The company is on top and still on the rise. The management knows what they are doing and where they are going.
Overall, provides excellent work environment and benefits
Professional Services (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: job security; outsourcing
Very comprehensive benefits package. Quarterly bonus plan goals are typically within an individual's reach. Continues to push many professional services jobs to overseas work centers.
Intern
Talent Acquisition Intern (Former Employee), HopkintonJuly 23, 2015
Great company to work for, they were so helpful in training, and gave me time off as an intern. I learned so much and felt like a full time employee instead of just an intern.
GREAT JOB, GREAT BENEFITS, DON'T EXPECT TO GET HIRED IN
EMPLOYEE (Former Employee), Franklin, MAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: FREE COFFEE, GREAT ATMOSPHERE.
Cons: TEMPORARY, DON'T EXPECT TO GET HIRED IN.
REALLY GREAT COMPANY. GOOD PAY, BUT THE BIGGEST DOWNSIDE IS THAT YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER GET HIRED IN. THERE'S PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN THERE FOR 5-8 YEARS NOT KNOWING IF THEY'LL HAVE THEIR JOB THE NEXT MONTH.
Data Migrations (VMAX 20, 40, 3 K's)
Sr. Technical Program Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Good pay for contractors
Cons: layoffs
Good company with a myriad of training opportunities. Good communication skills company and ability to interact with multiple lines of business regarding infrastructure projects.
great technology company with a great work environment and coworkers.
Schedule & Account Services (Current Employee), Draper - UtahJuly 14, 2015
Pros: diversity and constant learning of different process to better assist our clients.
Cons: stress
I work on schedule and account services department on Latin America team. Dynamic, multitask on fast pace environment our team covers all Latin America break-fix and correct maintenance cases of our products. We are multilingual position to provide customer service on your culture and language.
Great Job with High stakes
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Stress and pressure, no time off. Few breaks
My job is a simple yet sometimes stressful job. I answer and direct phone calls to potential customers for EMC. I must do so with a smile and ensure exceptional customer services. I must maintain a diligent work ethic and record failed data entry logs of EMC employees.
highly productive team with motivation ethics
machanical assembler (Former Employee), Apex NCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: free coffe
Cons: healthcare
-was a fun environment
-learned how to have patience
-had a very highly motivated team
-hardest part of my job was work late nights
A great place to work !
FINANCIAL ANALYST- Contractor (Former Employee), Franklin, MAJuly 9, 2015
EMC is a great company to work for. They know and care that family comes first. My co workers were so helpful and wonderful. I learned a great deal as I worked there before and taking all the information I have learned in other departments and putting it all together to understand how each department and the company runs.
Great place to work if you live near Boston and dont need growth
A global storage solutions leader (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: access to red socks and Patriots tickets
Cons: you need to be in the boston area to have much chance of promotion
My function at EMC is centered in Franklin MA. If you're there, there's a good old boy network of people that have been together for 15+ years. The company is entrenched in a set of legacy products which are starting to slump as technology changes.

EMC has done a bang up job of acquisitions to bring fresh new products to its offering list. This is perhaps its strength.

My day at work starts early morning, to overlap with east coast hours. I spend a lot of time on the phone in meetings debating various aspects of how best to manage through legacy product/factory issues.

The best part of EMC is its open environment means you can literally reach anyone to talk.

the hardest part of my job is integrating with a bunch of people that are stuck in an operational paradigm that died elsewhere in 2001. Im not sure my career really benefits by trying to drag a stodgy old company to new tools and processes.

The most enjoyable part of the job relates to reaching people across the globe that are motivated to solve problems and position the company for long term success.
Great people and work
Senior Practice Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2015
Really enjoyed my time with EMC. Delivered exciting work, learned a great deal, and met some incredible people along the way.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Hopkinton, MAJuly 1, 2015
It is a great company to work for. There are opportunities for advancement if you have the correct mindset and work ethic.
excellent company to work for work for. excellent company to work for, great salary, great benefits, the culture is fantastic and facilities are good
Consultant Program Manager (Technical) (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAJune 25, 2015
excellent company to work for, great salary, great benefits, the culture is fantastic and facilities are good too. Transportation between buildings, education for self development and career training.
Excellent Progressive experience1
HIRF & LIGHTNING CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Microvolt Labs IncJune 24, 2015
Pros: Progressive and very co-operative
Cons: to much care for employees
Great place to work for a unique experience, where you can learn and apply your experience, education and grow in career. they don't bleed you death for themselves....
Well-run company, very professional environment
Director of Communications (Former Employee), Hopkinton MAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Good people, good compensation and benefits
Cons: Very large company, sometimes slow to shift gears
EMC is a well-run, Fortune 100 company that is a leader in the data storage industry. In general, there's a respectful culture in place at the company. Employees are expected work very hard and go the extra mile whenever needed, but it's not in any way an abusive environment workload-wise. People are very friendly and share a good team-oriented spirit when it comes to cross functional interactions. Basically, everyone seems very interested in doing a good job.
EMC is a great place to work
Manager, Software Engineering (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: Healthcare benefits
The culture at EMC is the best part of the company. Everyone is truly passionate about what they do and everyone works hard to make sure things are done right instead of just patched for now.
Amazing learning experience and career start
Summer Intern - Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Franklin, MAJune 16, 2015
My first big job following my path of education. I have already learned so much about the corporate processes and structure. Management is intelligent and treats their employees with a lot of respect. Overall great experience during my first 4 weeks.
EMC
Customer Service Tech (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee), Hopkinton, MAJune 15, 2015
Customer Service Tech (Temporary Assignment)
■ Responsible for handling over 100+ plus incoming phone calls daily for wide variety of customer inquiries while ensuring high customer service satisfaction.
■ Appropriately logged incoming service calls into Oracle computer system for resolution from the correct support team.