EMC Employee Reviews

Global Company - Excellent Benefits
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 9, 2016
Large global company with excellent pay and benefits. As part of the professional services division, I saw lots of change as EMC expanded the consulting practice and ultimately combined it with the product delivery services team.
just a number
Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 1, 2016
its all about making numbers and not the people. Worked 60-70 hours weekly. expected to be on call all of the time. became burnt out quickly
EMC is a great place to work and build a career
Principal SW Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MADecember 29, 2015
EMC has been one of the most influential data storage providers for several decades and for the last 19 years have had the honor to work there working on leading edge storage products. The pay is competitive with attractive bonus incentives and better than average benefits.
The work culture at EMC is diversified and dynamic. You are challenged to be a team contributor and make a difference.
You'll learn much from the co-workers that are among the best and brightest in IT and thru the company training classes offered at EMCU to advance your career.
Software projects can have challenging inter-departmental dependencies. It was always pleasing how well these departments would work together at crunch time to make a schedule. The sense of personal responsibility and pride required to make that happen so consistently is a testament to the people that work there.
Pros
Dynamic work environment, career advancement opportunities
Cons
Job postings for EMC locations in Massachusetts are few
Fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCDecember 29, 2015
It was mostly a daily routine working at EMC, so I had all the knowledge I need to know to complete every task. From packing and wrapping to picking and shipping. Every employee was always nice and generous and never had any problems with any of them. The hardest part of the job were just orders that I had to pick that didn't have the right information given on them and go through a process to have it correct.
Pros
Cafeteria, Co workers, Indoors, and free Coffee
Cons
Department Supervisors
Department Review
Maintenance Ops Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MADecember 23, 2015
For my department I can say that unless you want to be a supervisor there is no advancement. Trying to advance to Senior takes a long time and they have no real guidance. Work/Life balance, sometimes aspects are great: work from home 1 day/wk as after 6 months of contractor work, 2 days/wk for full-time, leave early for holidays. The only time Work Life balance doesn't work is End of Quarter. In my department do no expect to have a New Years Eve with friends and Family because you will be in the office until midnight processing purchase orders that customers send. They do feed you though. Flexible work hours.

I love my healthcare benefits!

As a whole it is a great company and it will be interesting to see what happens if/when DELL takesover.
Production orientated company
Principle Systems Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MADecember 23, 2015
I enjoyed most of the time working for EMC. I ended up becoming the manager of the DVT test group, but due to personal situations, asked to become an individual contributor. the manager they brought in didn't know how to manage people and made it difficult for me as well as the rest of the group. This caused a lot of problems.

EMC was in the process of being bought by Dell, so they made an effort to reduce the salary expense. They laid off a lot of senior people.
Good Company
Program Manager, PS App. Solutions (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MADecember 21, 2015
I worked mainly from a home office. My cross-functional teams were spread across the US, Ireland, and India. Many phone calls, WebEx, and IMing
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Understaffed at times.
Productive with steady work flow.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCDecember 16, 2015
A typical day at work would be building and cabling around 5 cabs a night learning different systems and reading AI' and TI's if required. The hardest part of the job is finishing on time and the most enjoyable part is learning new step on each system.
IT Project and Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 15, 2015
Employees are treated well
Lots of perks
Good stock options
Good benefits
Fun working environment
Good people
Great for networking
Good place.
Windows 7 Embedded Solution Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MADecember 14, 2015
Good Company to work. Relaxed Environment.
Knowledgeable co workers.
There are many opportunities to explore.I would recommend it to my friends.
You will get help to hone your technical skills.

Want to know more about EMC?

Ask a question
Excellent Work Life Balance
Project Manager/Application Group Lead (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 14, 2015
Excellent Work Life Balance. Very good learning opportunity and networking too. Highly motivated management team and very focussed and provides empowerment to the team
nice exposure
EMC Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 10, 2015
the plant is awesome and the manager to whom I was assigned was very kind, polite and helpfull.

the co-workers are very knowledgeable and help you understand about the products you are and going to work on.

they treat you as if you are their own,
Pros
free lunches, snacks
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCDecember 1, 2015
Very nice place to work co workers were pleasant had support from management from team leader to plant manger, job sercuirty was hardest part of the job. learned a lot about SAP and how inventory is kept with it great tool. Each day was exciting and challenging with each product that was built.
Entry level position
production associate (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MADecember 1, 2015
There isn't much room to move up in EMC at this current time due to the Merge to DELL. I have worked here for almost 4 years and i am still a contractor. I was told multiple times that i would be converted so i waited and i worked hard but i am still a contractor. EMC is a great company if your in the right department or position. The only problem is that its a very internal company if you want to get anywhere you have to know people. You could be the hardest worker in the building but the laziest worker could get promoted because his dad knows the boss.
Pros
Lenient to time off
Cons
Management picks favorites
Great place to work!
Distribution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCDecember 1, 2015
Friendly environment, learned a lot from each department. My fellow coworkers made it even more at home with there desire to work hard.
Fast-Paced, Awesomely Fun Environment
Enterprise Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MANovember 30, 2015
EMC is a great place to work if you love a fast-paced environment where priorities can quickly change. People who thrive in this type of environment are everywhere you look, and there is a strong sense of camaraderie. Loved my time at EMC.
Pros
Flexible work schedules; work from home opportunities; always opportunities to progress
Cons
Competitive environment
Very professional company with very talented employees
Sr. Consultant (Director) Strategy and Bus. Dev. (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MANovember 23, 2015
EMC was a wonderful workplace. I learned a lot, worked with top notch individuals and was very productive and contributed to the growth of the company. My experience with the company and its environment was extremely positive.
Pros
Very professional environment that is encouraging continued growth and success
Cons
Pockets of Inefficiencies - The company is doing its best to trim these places but not fast enough.
I love working at EMC
Principal Program Manager, Customer Services (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MANovember 20, 2015
It provides me the ability to diversify my skill set. Provides me the ability to be challenged. Loved working in a team environment, I worked cross functionally with development.
Above Average
SENIOR PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MANovember 14, 2015
Experience highly depends on your management and immediate team. Sometimes upper management does not handle communication clearly. Can be difficult to navigate as it is a very large company with complicated pieces.

Good compensation but not great. Great benefits. Excellent work life balance. Can be difficult to advance.
Good place to be if you're part of the "in" crowd
Client Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2015
Rock-solid technology, but EMC still has a reputation that precedes it to many customers in the market. The pay is decent, but you will succeed at EMC (largely) if management wants you to succeed. If you get saddled with a ton of accounts that don't like EMC, a reasonable conjecture is that management doesn't like you. Strange experience all around.
Pros
Pay is good, and benefits are slightly above average
Cons
Company culture, lack of leadership, lack of direction