We need someone ASAP! We want to hire now!
We are seeking a Programmer/Analyst - EDI, for one of our healthcare clients in downtown San Francisco, CA. If you are interested in applying, please check out our careers section on our website at www.emrcpr.com/index.php/career and click the like button on our website!
The incumbent in this position will work closely with a team of business analysts to design, implement and maintain EDI-centric business applications and data automation processes. The incumbent must be familiar with HIPAA 5010 Transaction sets (834, 835, 837, 820, 997/999, 276 and 277). The individual will have broad experience developing Microsoft BizTalk applications using HIPAA mappings in BizTalk. Must have worked with commercial managed care system, and experience with QNXT 4.8/5.0 is highly preferred. The individual must have experience with at least one SDLC process (e.g., AGILE, SCRUM, Unified Process, Waterfall) and be able to apply that process to their job function. The individual will design and create object-oriented solutions, using the Microsoft .NET Framework. The individual will design and create SQL stored procedures and user-defined functions. The individual will author functional and technical specification documents. The individual will serve as an SME for the common codebase, providing direct support where they are most familiar, and continually learning and adopting where they are least familiar.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with business users to clarify and approve requirements and business rules.
- Drive the transition from business requirements to technical design.
- Design, develop, implement, and deploy applications and batch processes.
- Create and execute unit, integration and regression test plans based on system and validation requirements.
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and tune applications and batch processes.
- Document all work-product, per SFHP’s best practices and standards.
- Maintain existing code and fix bugs whenever needed.
- Ensure that all project timelines are met.
- Ensure smooth functioning of our development, QA, and production environments.
- Collaborate with various functional business units to gather business and technical requirements.
- Conduct data analysis; identify issues and recommend and implement solutions.
- Create ad-hoc and automated reporting solutions.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR EXPECTATIONS
- Manages and coordinates multiple, concurrent projects to successful completion.
- Proactively identifies and resolves issues with a reasonable degree of autonomy.
- Understands and supports the SFHP mission and its business goals and objectives.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and fairness, remaining mindful of the duty of trust SFHP has to it employees, and to its providers, employers and members.
- Accepts and adapts to changes in SFHP policy, practice, procedures and positively and proactively supports his/her colleagues in adapting to changes in the workplace.
- Leads or contributes actively and effectively to team discussions, sharing his/her knowledge and expertise willingly and collaboratively.
- Utilizes supports and communicates agreed upon departmental performance competencies metrics.
- Identifies business process improvements that are aligned with and supportive of SFHP business goals and objectives. Provides thoughtful analyses and recommendations.
- Models professional behavior/conduct that remains in concert with the SFHP culture and business values.
CORE COMPETENCIES / KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with developing within the context of an application lifecycle to support enterprise-wide or department-wide business processes.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design best practices and standards.
- Strong experience with Microsoft BizTalk 2010, particularly with pipelines, orchestrations, adaptors and message box and with a commercial managed care system, preferably QNXT 4.8/5.0.
- Strong experience with Microsoft .NET Framework (version 3.5+) and ASP.NET and CLR languages, preferably C# and/or VB.NET.
- Strong database-related development skills (complex SQL queries, complex store procedures and user-defined functions in SQL Server 2008).
- Experience in data analysis, data modeling (particularly OLTP design, 3rd normal form).
- Ability to work with sometimes ambiguous or unclear requirements, and still drive to a successful resolution.
- Familiarity with industry standard health data code sets such as ICD-9/ICD-10, CPT/HCPCS, revenue codes, and NDC (Pharmacy).
- Strong organization, time management and multi-tasking abilities, analytical skills and problem solving skills with the ability to formulate recommendations for improvement.
- Familiarity with EDI/X12 file formats and other industry standards.
- Have the ability to work effectively with others and have great interpersonal skills.
- Be highly organized and work well under pressure.
- Must be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+Years of Microsoft BizTalk 2009
- 3+Years of .NET developer experience using Visual Studio 2008.
- 5+Years of advanced SQL Server 2008 experience.
- 5+Years of proven ability in application development.
Compensation ranges from $65/hr to $82/hr full time dependent upon qualifications.
EMR CPR are doctors, business professionals, certified project managers, and engineers. We take pride in the excellence of our employees...