EMT

EMT Employer Reviews

Something new everyday
Security Supervisor, Chuckchansi (Former Employee), Madera, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good work place
Cons: benefits where just not there.
Fast paced and a good job over all, I enjoyed working with the public and training new officers who where just coming on board. There was a lot of responsibility moving large amounts of currency off the floor to the vault or bank area. Plus handling any medical or criminal emergencies.
Volunteer EMS
Granby Volunteer Ambulance (Former Employee), Granby CTJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great organization to work for
Cons: do not hire emts
Volunteer service providing 911 support to community. This was my first job in EMS so I learned a lot. Management is wonderful, caring and understanding. Co-workers great people to work with and willing to teach. Hardest part was leaving the organization. Most enjoyable part was learning new things from amazing paramedics and emts
Loved what I did
EMT (Former Employee), Seffner, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day
Cons: not being able to get some calls off my mind
Transported patients and assisted in any life saving support needed.
Rewarding and enjoyable profession
EMT (Former Employee), Camden, NJJanuary 14, 2015
provided ems to residents of Camden City. Maintaned emergancy vehicle and equiptment, trained in EMT,BLS, CPR, CCMA, CPT, CET, CPCT, Worked 12 hour shifts with a 3 on 2 off schedule, great working enviorment in conjunction with the police department and fire departments of the city of camden
Good Company
EMT (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Good company that started in Hackensack, NJ form the ground up. Successful due to the high quality of patient care provided.
Professional Safety Officer
Professional Firefighter (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LaJanuary 11, 2015
10 year- Professional Fire Fighter/EMT, 14 year- Military (Army Infantry Officer), Active Secret Security Clearance, Technical Rescue Technician, Confined Space Specialist, Haz-Mat. Operations
Absolutely love the job and what I do there.
EMS Plant Supervisor (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: endless training opportunities
Cons: no room for advancement and poor pay
I have learned so much about the industrial aspect of EMS as well as training in safety and environmental. I have developed many new protocols and training matrixes and to see the benefits as a result of those is so gratifying. My coworkers are great, together we work well as a team. The hardest Part is the commute and the fact that there is no room to advance my career, I feel like the knowledge I've gained is priceless and I am eager to learn more. The most enjoyable part of the job is being inside the mill, I have a whole new appreciation for the men and women who work in the steel industry.
Rewarding
Paramedic/part time (Current Employee), Morganton, NCJanuary 8, 2015
A high stress career with multiple benefits. The over all job is a good career choice for that of an individual who truly enjoys helping others when they tend to be at there worst, both physically and sometimes mentally. This is not a career for one who holds high regard of receiving praise for a job well done, it is more for the enjoyment of helping others when they tend to need it most.
Class
student (Former Employee), Dayton, OhioDecember 28, 2014
Pros: school schedule can co-work with work schedule.
Educational program teaches top priority to EMT students at the state and national level.
Captain
Captain (Current Employee), Lackland A F B, TXDecember 10, 2014
Dedicated firefighter with more than 19 years of progressively responsible federal experience. Knowledgeable in all aspects of firefighting emergencies, to include aircraft, structural, and medical scenarios.
Fun and Rewarding
Event Firefighter (Current Employee), Dover, DEDecember 7, 2014
The job of EMT is a very fun and rewarding job. The hours for the most part are very flexible and the job has its benefits. You could have no calls in a day or you could have 12 calls in a 12 hour shift. It just depends on the day. You are constantly learning whether it's from reading an EMS magazine or on the job experience. Co-Workers for the most part are easy to work with as well as the management.
Very professional place to work
CPR Instructor/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: out dated equiptment
I started out working with a partner on an ambulance. Our calls range from transporting patients to Doctor appointments to responding to unresponsive patients and car accidents. I also trained in Emergency dispatching and worked as a full time dispatcher for 8 months. I now teach CPR and First Aid for all of St. Vincent's Hospitals. I also work Dispatch PRN and work on an ambulance PRN. I mainly work as the administrative assistant for the education department. My duties as administrative assistant include scheduling ambulance crews for special events, scheduling CPR, ACLS, PALS and ASLS classes. I also handle billing and litigation forms and legal paperwork.
School
Student (Former Employee), San Leandro, CADecember 1, 2014
Great program highly recommended, super friendly atmosphere everyone is looking to help you excel
fast paced, great teamwork
Assisting patients (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVNovember 27, 2014
I enjoy the patient-healthcare relationship, Providing high quality care and rapid response to all EMS needs for any call. Providing load assist up to 600 lb. Assisting patients on the Unit floor with any need. Administrative duties such as typing and filing patient reports via electronic medical record. Taking vital signs and completing full head to toe assessment . Assisting with Albuterol, Aspirin, Nitroglycerin, Oxygen, Glucose and charcoal as needed per protocol. Communication and report with MECCA and MEDCOME on 911-calls and rapid transport to Ruby Memorial Hospital.
Hard job with low pay and little to no benefits.
On-site Medical Technician (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSNovember 25, 2014
Pros: great base for higher medical field knowledge
Cons: long hours, low pay
Being an EMT provides a person who wants to continue higher into the field of medicine with a great foundation. However, upward mobility at most private companies is slow if it happens at all. The job is very demanding with long hours and very low pay. The position of EMT can also be a catapult for someone looking to join the Safety field, as most employers of safety professionals require a background in first aid and CPR. Good job, to use as a stepping stone but not for a career. After 5 years, and a back surgery, I am leaving the field of actual street ambulance work.
merchendizing
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee), Fresno, CANovember 25, 2014
It is a good days work but the ours are long and the trip is sometimes worth the time put in.
interesting
Driver, Ambulance Services (Former Employee), anywhereNovember 24, 2014
jobs varied by agency and location. Loved working as an EMT.
Good experience.
EMT 1 (Current Employee), Visalia, CANovember 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of working is helping people, but the job doesnt have stable hours and no benefits unless your full-time. You do get alot of experience and on the job trainning. If you dont like to sleep then this is the job for you.
Retired after 37 years in public safety. I still have a lot to offer and looking for work in the New England region.
Firefighter (Former Employee), Waltham, MANovember 18, 2014
Pros: assisting the public
Cons: seeing the dark side of life
Loved my job at Care.
Certified/Driver (Former Employee), Selma, ALNovember 17, 2014
No issues at all whatsoever minus the fact they did not want to work with my school schedule so I could work and stay employed so I chose school because it is so very important these days!

1 2 3 4 5