EMT Employer Reviews

EMT-B
medic (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2015
Nationally certified. Maintained at least 24 hrs of continuing education each year that certification has been held.
Exciting
Firefighter (Current Employee), Atkinson, NHMarch 24, 2015
I have worked as a EMT for over 20 years I find this work very rewarding. I enjoy the interaction with the community and getting a chance to help those in need.
Love being an EMT
NREMT (Current Employee), Center Point, IAMarch 6, 2015
I am a volunteer EMT with a small town ambulance service. Even though it's only a volunteer service, it is very much worth it. I really enjoy my time there. We don't get very many calls, but working ambulance and knowing that you get to make a difference in peoples' lives is amazing.
It was great experience
Driver/operator of emergency apparatuses (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2015
I typically worked 12 hour shifts and I recommend it for EMT's with no working experience. I enjoyed working with almost all of my co-workers and it's a great place to get your foot in the door. They also offer flexible schedules and there are constantly shifts your can pick up. The only con I can think of is the pay, becuase they don't offer many pay raises.
EMT (Former Employee), Longview, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Assist patients in medical and trauma emergencies. Give patient proper medical attention on scene and enroute to hospital, or other designated destination.
For those who love caring
Volunteer (Current Employee), Nesconset, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Taking care of those who need help, a great way to spend time! Make sure you can lift heavy objects and are not afraid to get dirty or smelly!
EMT-AI/911 Dispatcher
EMT/911 Dispatcher- Williamson County Ambulance (Former Employee), Marion, ILFebruary 14, 2015
Help people when they needed help. Took 911 calls and dispatched out the crews that needed to go. When I went on calls I would help the paramedic with starting Iv's when needed. I helped comfort the people when they were scared.
Rewarding volunteer job
Volunteer EMT Walworth Rescue (Former Employee), Walworth WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: helping the people
Cons: loosing someone
I worked as a volunteer EMT. I like helping people in need. There were many times we lost people but we did all we could do to help. I really enjoyed working with the public
Fire and Rescue Department
Firefighter (Former Employee), Winchester, VAFebruary 4, 2015
Very good place to work. You have a lot of room for advancement if you are willing to take the training. Very good people to work with throughout the department.
Productive and fun learning experiences and valuable 911 experience
Intern-EMT (Current Employee), Gloucester Township EMS Blackwood, NJFebruary 3, 2015
Getting to work before my shift starts to go through our rig checklist to make sure everything we need is in the ambulance. During the course of the day going on various calls and gaining experience with patient care, taking vitals writing patient care reports. While at the station helping my partners with cleaning projects and various things that need to be done. Reading ems articles and books/protocols to keep the information fresh in my mind. The hardest part of the job i would have to say is seeing some of the scenes you come into, its not always easy to see somethings. The absolute best part of my job is getting to help and take care of people. Even if it is just holding someones hand because they are scared, it makes all the difference to them and that is what i am in this business to do, take care of patients to the best of my ability and do all that i can for them. I've learned alot while interning here, i've learned it is not what we do to our patients, but rather what we do for them that means everything. My coworkers are some the best people i know and i am better having known them. Management is great i get along with them all and am thankful for the wonderful opportunity they have given me.
Something new everyday
Security Supervisor, Chuckchansi (Former Employee), Madera, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good work place
Cons: benefits where just not there.
Fast paced and a good job over all, I enjoyed working with the public and training new officers who where just coming on board. There was a lot of responsibility moving large amounts of currency off the floor to the vault or bank area. Plus handling any medical or criminal emergencies.
Volunteer EMS
Granby Volunteer Ambulance (Former Employee), Granby CTJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great organization to work for
Cons: do not hire emts
Volunteer service providing 911 support to community. This was my first job in EMS so I learned a lot. Management is wonderful, caring and understanding. Co-workers great people to work with and willing to teach. Hardest part was leaving the organization. Most enjoyable part was learning new things from amazing paramedics and emts
Loved what I did
EMT (Former Employee), Seffner, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day
Cons: not being able to get some calls off my mind
Transported patients and assisted in any life saving support needed.
Rewarding and enjoyable profession
EMT (Former Employee), Camden, NJJanuary 14, 2015
provided ems to residents of Camden City. Maintaned emergancy vehicle and equiptment, trained in EMT,BLS, CPR, CCMA, CPT, CET, CPCT, Worked 12 hour shifts with a 3 on 2 off schedule, great working enviorment in conjunction with the police department and fire departments of the city of camden
Good Company
EMT (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Good company that started in Hackensack, NJ form the ground up. Successful due to the high quality of patient care provided.
Professional Safety Officer
Professional Firefighter (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LaJanuary 11, 2015
10 year- Professional Fire Fighter/EMT, 14 year- Military (Army Infantry Officer), Active Secret Security Clearance, Technical Rescue Technician, Confined Space Specialist, Haz-Mat. Operations
Absolutely love the job and what I do there.
EMS Plant Supervisor (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: endless training opportunities
Cons: no room for advancement and poor pay
I have learned so much about the industrial aspect of EMS as well as training in safety and environmental. I have developed many new protocols and training matrixes and to see the benefits as a result of those is so gratifying. My coworkers are great, together we work well as a team. The hardest Part is the commute and the fact that there is no room to advance my career, I feel like the knowledge I've gained is priceless and I am eager to learn more. The most enjoyable part of the job is being inside the mill, I have a whole new appreciation for the men and women who work in the steel industry.
Rewarding
Paramedic/part time (Current Employee), Morganton, NCJanuary 8, 2015
A high stress career with multiple benefits. The over all job is a good career choice for that of an individual who truly enjoys helping others when they tend to be at there worst, both physically and sometimes mentally. This is not a career for one who holds high regard of receiving praise for a job well done, it is more for the enjoyment of helping others when they tend to need it most.
Class
student (Former Employee), Dayton, OhioDecember 28, 2014
Pros: school schedule can co-work with work schedule.
Educational program teaches top priority to EMT students at the state and national level.
Captain
Captain (Current Employee), Lackland A F B, TXDecember 10, 2014
Dedicated firefighter with more than 19 years of progressively responsible federal experience. Knowledgeable in all aspects of firefighting emergencies, to include aircraft, structural, and medical scenarios.

1 2 3 4 5