EMT Employee Reviews

New Paramedic
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHFebruary 2, 2016
Just started at my current company as a new paramedic. More responsibilities for ALS calls. Same co workers as before and enjoy my job
Work day
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 20, 2016
Great place to work, i got to meet a lot of new people. It was a great work experience. This just wasn't the type of job i was looking for.
Fun place
emt (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 6, 2016
Was a great place to work never felt like I was not really working. enjoyed all the people I worked with there. After clocking in would feel like I was just sitting with friends until they needed us to go out on a job
EMT to Police Officer
Ambulance driver/attendant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CADecember 11, 2015
I was an EMT in the 60's, from January 1980 to August 2004, I was a police officer. From January 2008 to January 2015, I was Pinal County Constable.

27 1/2 years as a Police Officer EMT
11 years as an Ambulance Driver / Attendant. Became and EMT when the program first started in San Diego. Prior to that was red cross certified.
Gilbert Fire Volunteer
FIREFIGHTER (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 21, 2015
Volunteered with the department assisting with day to day operations in the fire house as well as on scene assistance with calls
-Learned ALOT with the fire service and what to expect when hired on full time.
-Management was very good at showing us the ropes of the dept and the way things are done in a Fire Department.
-There was no hard part about that job.
-The most rewarding art was being able to contribute as a volunteer to my town.
Pros
Learning
Volunteer Organization
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Escanaba, MINovember 9, 2015
volunteer organization that I enjoy doing in my free time and giving back to community. I feel I am able to utilize my stills as an EMT
Great
Volunteer Firefighter (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VAOctober 26, 2015
I have volunteered for Station 1 in Hanover VA for about a year and a half now. During that time I have grown as a first responder and have learned more than I could have hoped. I look forward to continuing my career in whichever county I get picked up with as a career firefighter
good working atmosphere
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2015
fast pace environment, fun job to have. even better team to work with. THere is always an opportunity to move up. they'll work with you when it comes to scheduling.
Field Supervisor
Ambulance Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2015
Working alongside others to motivate and have thins run as smoothly as possible. Can be stressful at times but the teamwork and camaraderie is something you can't find in other companies. Dealing with several problems on a daily basis from staff shortage to staff getting locked out of their units. Each day brought on a new challenge.
great job
Firefighter Training (Former Employee) –  ksr. fire house lagrange ky.October 5, 2015
i would help the sick and needy. management is ok, this job was very exciting.remembering all procedures and performing them under pressure is a sure challenge
Pros
very exciting everyday
Cons
aways on the go, no spare time

Want to know more about EMT?

Ask a question
Its a serious job since we have peoples lifes on our hands.
Internship (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 29, 2015
You need to think fast and make sure that's the best decision you need to take since other people life's are on our hands.
we are responsible to make sure we have all the equipment in the ambulance and is working properly that's what you do before your shifts starts.
fast paste
Internship (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 29, 2015
Learning each and everyday about what we EMTs have to do to have our patient in good condition before transporting to the facility that is appropriate for them.
Life in EMS
EMT-Intermediate/85 (Former Employee) –  Cadiz, OhioSeptember 24, 2015
Life in EMS means dealing with accidents, injuries and illnesses suffered by patients. This is a very hectic and stressful career to have. You work long hours with sometimes little or no sleep and rarely get to eat more that a fast food meal from a drive thru.
Out of business
EMT (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 7, 2015
company is out of business more than like due to the poor management that they had and lack of people who cared about their job.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
management
CAPTAIN
Captain (Current Employee) –  CLINTON, MSSeptember 2, 2015
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS SPEND ON TRAINING AND SAFETY AREA. I ALWAYS LEARNING MORE ABOUT MANAGEMENT AND HOW TO WRITE REPORTS. I ALWAYS TRY TO INCLUDE MY CO-WORKER IN MY PLANNING FOR THE DAY AND IN TRAINING, TO GUIDE THEM IN THE DIRECTION FOR THEIR NEXT POSITION, I THINK THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS SEEING A FAMILY STRANDED BECAUSE THEIR HOUSE BURNED OR A FIRE DEATH AND HAVE TO NOTIFY WHOM IT MAY CONCERN. THE MOST JOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS TO RESCUE A PERSON FROM A FIRE OR FROM A BURNING VEHICLE OR SAVE AS MUCH AS OF THE HOUSE AS POSSIBLE.
Pros
SAVING LIFE AND PROPERTY
Cons
NOT BEING ABLE TO DO THE ABOVE
educational
Emergency Medical Technician, Basic (Current Employee) –  Lillington, NCAugust 28, 2015
washing truck checking off supplies doing paperwork, working 24 hrs, transporting patients day and night, if you dont bring food you probably wont get to eat.
Pros
helping people
Cons
tire
great rush
Took direction from physicians, RN and LPNs (Former Employee) –  Sunsites, AZAugust 18, 2015
Being an EMT was a lot of fun. Helping the community and saving lives was an experience I will never forget. I would really like to get back into it but the pay scale just isnt there
Pros
fun
Cons
pay
Love working as an EMT
Firefighter/EMT (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 17, 2015
Responded to medical emergencies, mainly 25-30 runs in a 24 hr shift. Learned on the job on every call. Employees were great to work with. Hardest part was coping with small children in distress or death. I enjoy helping others.
Fast paced and fast acting
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Nationally RegisteredAugust 14, 2015
Being a basic has been a wonderful experience and i do not plan to ever let my license lap. It teaches you quickly how to work on the fly.
high stress, but worth it
EMT at NKCH (Former Employee) –  NKC, MoJuly 31, 2015
ER at North Kansas City Hospital. Great team to work with. Dealt with everything from minor issues to life and death situations. Had to keep a level head, make good decisions and never knew if you'd get a break.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Never knew if you'd get a break for a 12 hour shift

4.2