EMT

EMT Employee Reviews

Customer Representative
Client Advocate - Express Medical Transporters (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2015
This position was answering phones and scheduling people for transporation. The phones were very hectic. The co-workers were great to work with. Management could have been better, if the phones were not answered in a timely manner she would get onto everyone even if you were already on the phone scheduling a customer.
Review
EMT Intern, American Medical Response (Former Employee), Yakima, WAMay 10, 2015
• Inspected, maintained and utilized medical equipment
• Performed accurate patient assessment and treatment, additionally obtained vital signs, administered Oxygen, CPAP, spinal immobilization, splinting, bleeding control, ongoing patient stabilization
• Well versed in medical terminology and equipment
• Extensive knowledge of health care facilities
Good job to gain experience in the medical field
EMT (Current Employee), Mesa, AZApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, good experience in medical field and patient care
Cons: Forced overtime, difficult schedules, no way to advance, low pay
Not a job to make a full career of due to low pay and no way to advance, it is a great job for those looking to branch out into the medical field, or to gain important experience before moving on to MD/PA/RN.
Really productive work place
Volunteer Firefighter (Former Employee), Palm CoastApril 27, 2015
Never have a dull moment, learn something new everyday. Great group of people to work with always have mental support to push and encourage you.
My name is Allan Phelps
Firefighter, Harford Volunteer Fire Company (Current Employee), Harford, PaApril 23, 2015
Pros: Hardworking
Cons: do not tolerate abusive circumstances
I am a hardworking individual who is seeking employment. I have experience in managing crews and experience in many different types of equipment.I enjoy a challenge and enjoy fast paced work. I like to keep busy and like to interact with workers and customers.
Fun place to work
Field Training Officer (Former Employee), St. Thomas, USVIApril 19, 2015
I had to relocated to the United States so I had to resign but I loved working there and everyone was nice. They say enjoy what you do and you will never work a day in your life. So said so done at this job
Great managment and great place to advance
Security Officer (Former Employee), Point ComfortApril 15, 2015
Management was the best that I have seen. I was able to work with a partner to check my rounds. the toughest part about the job was driving in the rain.
An amazing opportunity to help people
Ambulance Driver, San Andreas Ambulance (Former Employee), San Andreas, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Exciting work
Cons: The company closed
I tried my hand as a 911 Dispatcher, but it doesn't compare to working in the field on an ambulance. It's a hands-on way to help people.
EMT-B
medic (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2015
Nationally certified. Maintained at least 24 hrs of continuing education each year that certification has been held.
Exciting
Firefighter (Current Employee), Atkinson, NHMarch 24, 2015
I have worked as a EMT for over 20 years I find this work very rewarding. I enjoy the interaction with the community and getting a chance to help those in need.
Love being an EMT
NREMT (Current Employee), Center Point, IAMarch 6, 2015
I am a volunteer EMT with a small town ambulance service. Even though it's only a volunteer service, it is very much worth it. I really enjoy my time there. We don't get very many calls, but working ambulance and knowing that you get to make a difference in peoples' lives is amazing.
It was great experience
Driver/operator of emergency apparatuses (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2015
I typically worked 12 hour shifts and I recommend it for EMT's with no working experience. I enjoyed working with almost all of my co-workers and it's a great place to get your foot in the door. They also offer flexible schedules and there are constantly shifts your can pick up. The only con I can think of is the pay, becuase they don't offer many pay raises.
EMT
EMT (Former Employee), Longview, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Assist patients in medical and trauma emergencies. Give patient proper medical attention on scene and enroute to hospital, or other designated destination.
For those who love caring
Volunteer (Current Employee), Nesconset, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Taking care of those who need help, a great way to spend time! Make sure you can lift heavy objects and are not afraid to get dirty or smelly!
EMT-AI/911 Dispatcher
EMT/911 Dispatcher- Williamson County Ambulance (Former Employee), Marion, ILFebruary 14, 2015
Help people when they needed help. Took 911 calls and dispatched out the crews that needed to go. When I went on calls I would help the paramedic with starting Iv's when needed. I helped comfort the people when they were scared.
Rewarding volunteer job
Volunteer EMT Walworth Rescue (Former Employee), Walworth WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: helping the people
Cons: loosing someone
I worked as a volunteer EMT. I like helping people in need. There were many times we lost people but we did all we could do to help. I really enjoyed working with the public
Fire and Rescue Department
Firefighter (Former Employee), Winchester, VAFebruary 4, 2015
Very good place to work. You have a lot of room for advancement if you are willing to take the training. Very good people to work with throughout the department.
Productive and fun learning experiences and valuable 911 experience
Intern-EMT (Current Employee), Gloucester Township EMS Blackwood, NJFebruary 3, 2015
Getting to work before my shift starts to go through our rig checklist to make sure everything we need is in the ambulance. During the course of the day going on various calls and gaining experience with patient care, taking vitals writing patient care reports. While at the station helping my partners with cleaning projects and various things that need to be done. Reading ems articles and books/protocols to keep the information fresh in my mind. The hardest part of the job i would have to say is seeing some of the scenes you come into, its not always easy to see somethings. The absolute best part of my job is getting to help and take care of people. Even if it is just holding someones hand because they are scared, it makes all the difference to them and that is what i am in this business to do, take care of patients to the best of my ability and do all that i can for them. I've learned alot while interning here, i've learned it is not what we do to our patients, but rather what we do for them that means everything. My coworkers are some the best people i know and i am better having known them. Management is great i get along with them all and am thankful for the wonderful opportunity they have given me.
Something new everyday
Security Supervisor, Chuckchansi (Former Employee), Madera, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good work place
Cons: benefits where just not there.
Fast paced and a good job over all, I enjoyed working with the public and training new officers who where just coming on board. There was a lot of responsibility moving large amounts of currency off the floor to the vault or bank area. Plus handling any medical or criminal emergencies.
Volunteer EMS
Granby Volunteer Ambulance (Former Employee), Granby CTJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great organization to work for
Cons: do not hire emts
Volunteer service providing 911 support to community. This was my first job in EMS so I learned a lot. Management is wonderful, caring and understanding. Co-workers great people to work with and willing to teach. Hardest part was leaving the organization. Most enjoyable part was learning new things from amazing paramedics and emts

1 2 3 4 5