EMT Employee Reviews

educational
Emergency Medical Technician, Basic (Current Employee), Lillington, NCAugust 28, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: tire
washing truck checking off supplies doing paperwork, working 24 hrs, transporting patients day and night, if you dont bring food you probably wont get to eat.
great rush
Took direction from physicians, RN and LPNs (Former Employee), Sunsites, AZAugust 18, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: pay
Being an EMT was a lot of fun. Helping the community and saving lives was an experience I will never forget. I would really like to get back into it but the pay scale just isnt there
Love working as an EMT
Firefighter/EMT (Former Employee), IndianaAugust 17, 2015
Responded to medical emergencies, mainly 25-30 runs in a 24 hr shift. Learned on the job on every call. Employees were great to work with. Hardest part was coping with small children in distress or death. I enjoy helping others.
Fast paced and fast acting
EMT-B (Current Employee), Nationally RegisteredAugust 14, 2015
Being a basic has been a wonderful experience and i do not plan to ever let my license lap. It teaches you quickly how to work on the fly.
high stress, but worth it
EMT at NKCH (Former Employee), NKC, MoJuly 31, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: Never knew if you'd get a break for a 12 hour shift
ER at North Kansas City Hospital. Great team to work with. Dealt with everything from minor issues to life and death situations. Had to keep a level head, make good decisions and never knew if you'd get a break.
great job
jancare emt (Former Employee), Beckley, WVJuly 29, 2015
this is a great profession, work 3 to 4 24 hr shifts a week and able to keep in touch with loved ones. helping the injured or the needy really is a great thing.
Under pressure all the time but helping your fellow human being is one of the most gratifying things in life
Firefighter (Former Employee), Weed, CaJuly 23, 2015
Great job, and culture. what a great rush. I am great at working under pressure. Their is no better instant gratification than helping out our fellow man.
Learning and Adapting in new environments
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Volunteer In the Bay AreaJuly 21, 2015
Pros: calm, focused, relaxed, confident, patient, aware
I enjoy being in a new/different environment. I always enjoy learning something new about myself or from others. Able to communicate with others and always tell my co-workers what they're doing wrong and what they're doing right (always speak with them with respect). The most challenging part of the job was to adapt very quickly to situations when theirs a individuals life in the line and your the one who determines the individuals fate by reacting and keeping calm to save that person's life.
Hands-on Rewarding Career
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Avondale, PAJuly 6, 2015
Through my career as an EMT, I have learned to make and perform life-saving decisions and procedures without the supervision of a physician. It is a job that teaches you to stay calm in stressful conditions and enhance your communication skills, both with your team and your patients.
NA
Security Officer (Former Employee), HartforJuly 3, 2015
Closely supervise grounds to protect property, infrastructure, equipment, and personnel
against loss, theft, pilferage, trespass, fire, and sabotage. Maintain accuracy and
completeness of daily log and submit detailed incident reports outlining events; ensure follow
through regarding continuing complaints or issues. Check and manage the visual and video
monitoring of customer networks. Take charge of supervising the installing and monitoring
automated intrusion detection alarms installed throughout the facility; Effectively controlled
the release of proprietary and confidential information for general client lists. Conduct
thorough investigation to identify all potential threats which include cyber threats, malware,
viruses, downloading secure information, and securing of information.
Professional and nice place to work.
Transporter (Former Employee), MarylandJune 28, 2015
Pros: Always had good ambulances to drive.
Cons: Sometimes the patients were too heavy for one person to handle.
The great place to work, but I needed to go back to college to obtain a degree, I also had personal reason concerning my family,
Great coworkers
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Zanesville, OhioJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Low pay
Great coworkers, however management could use some work. Pay is low for the kind of work that is required. Work and home life balance is difficult.
Most of the time, I would drive the ambulance to the destination. The other time I would tech and record the information.
Ambulance Driver (Former Employee), Huntingdon Valley, Pa. 19006June 6, 2015
Pros: Depending on the day, there could be down time, which was felt good especially if you had to carry many patients that day on a stretcher.
Cons: The company could give you patients back to back for several hours.
I would arrive at the ambulance company on time. I would check the ambulance out and make sure the equipment was in a satisfactory condition. I would check the oil and gas level of the ambulance. I would discuss what the itinerary was for that particular day. I would make sure my partner left in time for our pick up.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with obese patients. Their weight could vary - ranging from 300 - 450 pounds. The best part of the job was the human touch and enlightening conversations. Sharing life experiences.
very professional company with the up to date training and equipment
Medic One Ambulance Service (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARJune 5, 2015
Pros: Competative pay and great equipment
Cons: High call volume and long drives
Very professional group, always had the latest equipment and life saving training. Had a great deal of respect from the community. Professional staff.
A career that has run its course.
EMT (Current Employee), Utica, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: Saving lives
Cons: Extremely stressful job for very little pay. just above minimum wage.
Being an Emt was very rewarding to oneself.. But the financial burden as well as the long hours and toll it takes on ones mind and body is one that makes it difficult for someone to be able to provide for oneself let alone a family.
Ambulance Service
EMT Supervisor (Former Employee), Marion, INMay 29, 2015
Enjoyed my EMT job duties and responsibilities. Utilized my skills as an EMT Supervisor proficiently and confidently, due to latitudinal attitudes within the managerial structure of the company.
Customer Representative
Client Advocate - Express Medical Transporters (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2015
This position was answering phones and scheduling people for transporation. The phones were very hectic. The co-workers were great to work with. Management could have been better, if the phones were not answered in a timely manner she would get onto everyone even if you were already on the phone scheduling a customer.
Review
EMT Intern, American Medical Response (Former Employee), Yakima, WAMay 10, 2015
• Inspected, maintained and utilized medical equipment
• Performed accurate patient assessment and treatment, additionally obtained vital signs, administered Oxygen, CPAP, spinal immobilization, splinting, bleeding control, ongoing patient stabilization
• Well versed in medical terminology and equipment
• Extensive knowledge of health care facilities
Good job to gain experience in the medical field
EMT (Current Employee), Mesa, AZApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, good experience in medical field and patient care
Cons: Forced overtime, difficult schedules, no way to advance, low pay
Not a job to make a full career of due to low pay and no way to advance, it is a great job for those looking to branch out into the medical field, or to gain important experience before moving on to MD/PA/RN.
Really productive work place
Volunteer Firefighter (Former Employee), Palm CoastApril 27, 2015
Never have a dull moment, learn something new everyday. Great group of people to work with always have mental support to push and encourage you.