ENT and Allergy Associates, New York & New Jersey's premier ENT and Allergy medical practice, is seeking self-motivated, people-friendly full time Certified Medical Assistants.
This position reports directly to the Regional manager and works in various locations.
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Prepares patients for their appointment by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; and telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Educates patients by providing medication and instructions; answering questions.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Must be certified
- Must have a car and a clean driver's license
- NextGen is a plus
- Previous experience desired
We offer a competitive salary and a superior benefits package including medical and dental coverage.