We are located east of Toronto in an attractive community and are looking for the right person to lead our plant human resources activities in a dynamic and collaborative environment. The HR Manager supports the Port Hope organization and is responsible for implementing strategic and tactical HR direction and making the employee base more competitive. Leads a group of three HR employees and provides labor relations support to the site. Helps to solve business problems and ensure the organization meets and exceeds all financial and operational goals. The ideal candidates can demonstrate successful organization development experience and will provide a “hands-on” approach to deliver quality HR support.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
· Partner with the HR staff to deliver human resources services to the organization.
· Provide high-quality HR advice and counsel, tools and resources that enable the location to build capability and deliver outstanding results.
· Effectively handle grievances and union negotiations.
· Provide coaching and counseling to all key positions on employee and labor relations issues.
· Lead the effort in the development of talent management and succession planning processes.
· Maintain effective recruitment and retention strategies.
· Recommend and deliver disciplinary action as necessary.
· Monitor business plans to determine HR implications and provide feedback to key stakeholders.
· Establish HR processes and measures that support the major business strategies.
· Participate in the development of and roll out of corporate initiatives and strategies when asked to do so.
· Facilitate the development of a safe, participative, flexible and open work environment that reflects the ethics and values of ESCO Corporation.
· Actively participate with safety initiatives and participate in safety activities.
· Effectively handle all unemployment and HR-related regulatory claims.
· Effectively manage staff and wage payroll, benefits administration and employee communications.
· Develop and implement work culture measurements and recommend improvement strategies.
· Embrace and promote the ESCO QVS business system in all aspects of the job requirements, and be key a member of site QVS Steering Team.
Job Requirements: *
· Eight to ten years of progressive HR experience in a manufacturing environment.
· A college degree in business or human resources, MBA preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
· Must to be able to develop and maintain positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Has the interpersonal savvy to relate well to all kinds of people; uses tact and can diffuse high tension situations.
· Very good Microsoft Office and computer skills.
· Experience in workplace transformation.
· Experience with factory and salaried employee pay systems.
· High degree of intelligence and self-confidence to function as a consultant and coach.
· A style that is open, honest and collaborative with a commitment to building strong teams.
· Must be an agent of change with excellent people assessment skills and leadership capabilities.
· Exposure to and understanding of lean manufacturing principles a plus.
· Comfortable working in a changing environment and in a matrix organization.
ESCO Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or other legally protected status.