The Risk Analyst provides technical and operational risk management support. Partners with the Corporate Risk Director in the placement of insurance and retained risk programs. Maintains historical insurance information including loss histories, coverage history, property statements of values and updated exposure bases. Serves as company claims liaison to insurance carriers/third party administrators, managing insurance claim files to optimal resolution. Serves as a liaison with Company management on insurance requirements in existing and prospective contractual relationships. Completes analytical risk support for Risk Director and other Company management, as requested.
This newly created position of Risk Analyst will be responsible for identifying and developing claims resolution strategies and implementing solutions to minimize the financial impact on the Company. Documenting risk trends, evaluating deficiencies and working with the business units to remedy them. Excellent judgment and collaborative work style will be key as the position will be highly visible and work cross-functionally with management and staff at all levels.
- Partners with Risk Manager in the development of underwriting information necessary for the marketing, underwriting and renewal of insurance programs.
- Analyzes and provides recommendations concerning the purchase of insurance or non-insurance risk transfer, to ensure that Company is adequately protected against catastrophic financial loss.
- Develops and maintains historical insurance information, coverage history and exposure bases on behalf of Company.
- Reviews customer contracts, vendor services agreements, leases and other contracts to analyze business risks and determine appropriate insurance coverages, limits and other language to minimize Company exposure.
- Serves as technical insurance resource to ESCO management and corporate legal team on insurance requirements for existing and prospective contractual relationships.
- Facilitates issuance of certificates of insurance to mortgage holders, landlords, tenants, vendors and other parties with whom Company has a contractual relationship.
- Facilitates and supports self-insured US general liability, workers’ compensation (self- insured and large deductible), auto liability and excess liability claim matters with insurance carriers. Provides prompt notification of vehicle exposure for insurance coverage confirmation.
- Coordinates and supports various bonding obligations and letter of credit arrangements.
- Develops accounting information necessary to support insurance requests.
- Participates in the development of risk information reports. Provides reports to Management and Operations staff on loss prevention activities, claims and loss trend analysis.
- Updates and maintains Sharepoint Risk Management site providing resource tools to support business operating units.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum of 6+ years progressive experience in areas of insurance and/or corporate risk management.
- Prior experience in insurance claims management and/or risk analysis preferred.
- Manufacturing industry and international experience highly desired.
- Certifications/Licenses: ARM and/or CPCU preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of various insurance lines including, but not limited to, property, casualty, management liability, and workers compensation (large deductible and self-insured programs).
- Strong understanding of insurance terminology and coverage definitions, as well as common insurance policy provisions.
- Excellent communication and language skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills, including Excel, Word and Powerpoint; Sharepoint knowledge preferred.
- Familiarity with Risk Management Information Systems.
- Strong work ethic and ability to take a project to completion.
ESCO Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or other legally protected status.
Indeed - 2 years ago
ESCO is a leading independent, global developer and manufacturer of highly engineered wear and replacement products used in resource mining,...