DC/Battery Power LEAD Technician- Chicago
YOU MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE IN INSTALLING DC POWER AND DC BATTERIES AT CELL SITES. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS QUALIFICATION.
I have a DC Power Installer Technician opening in CHICAGO.
Please send your resume if you are seeking employment.
This is a Full Time job, not contract or project based.
We offer FULL Benefits.
Average pay depending on experience. $19-$23hr. on top of your Per Diem.
We offer 10-15 hours O.T a week. Sometimes More!
We offer Company Truck – NO OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES WHILE TRAVELING.
We offer fuel man Gas Card.
We offer Hotel Lodging card
We offer $35 Per Diem per day ($175 week) you do not pay for any travel expenses – This is your money.
NO OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES WHILE TRAVELING
If you like to travel and be home on the weekends, you could make a lot of money - call me if interested.
This is a LEAD field service technician position. The position requires continuous (100%) travel, sometimes carrying over several weeks, between multiple states and requires the technician to be able to perform his/her responsibilities at different hours of the day or night, to include split shifts.
This position carries the following responsibilities, but may not be limited to just the following:
Prepares hardware and equipment to be installed, for himself/herself or a higher level technician, equipment construction of battery racks, power plants and cable tray, or racking systems,
Performs simple test procedures, such as voltage and resistance tests, performs minor trouble shooting of equipment such as rectifiers, disconnects, power plants and battery plants,
Repairs minor problems found during the trouble shooting process, installs and upgrades components, parts, cable, equipment, and systems for backup DC Power.
- Wireless Equipment Installation – routers, DC Power, LTE Upgrades, RF
- Have electrical industry knowledge, with DC (direct current) Power
- Test circuits and components of malfunctioning telecommunications equipment to isolate sources of malfunctions, using test meters, circuit diagrams, polarity probes, and other hand tools.
- Test repaired, newly installed, or updated equipment to ensure that it functions properly and conforms to specifications, using test equipment and observation.
- Document procedures for hardware and software installation and use
- Document technical specifications and operating standards for telecommunications equipment.
- Load and Unload company vehicles
- Drive vehicles weighing 26,001 + pounds
- Use power tools
- Follow safety standards
- Additional Responsibilities
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record - required
- Associates or Technical degree from college, or High School Degree /GED and military training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in DC Power and RF a plus
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office products, Great Plains experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor
- Must Pass DOT Physical, Pre-hire Drug Screen, and background check
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds regularly unassisted
- Must be able to travel 100%
*This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future
Key Words: Service Technician, Telecommunications Technician, Field Technician, Communications Technician, telecommunications, technician, telecommunications technician, maintenance, installer, installation.