We are seeking enthusiastic instructors to head up our WELDING program.
We are looking for a WELDING instructor who has the commitment and drive to help students achieve their dreams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the President
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events
- Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required by the administration
- Grading assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment
- Substitute in classes when necessary.
- Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc. Maintain communication with Dean of Education regarding such activity
- Submit in writing current textbook, supply, and equipment needs to the Director of Education
- Monitor all equipment and supply inventory in locked facilities
- Secure consumable supplies as well as educational materials from administrative office when needed
- Maintain professional appearance
- Communicate with Director of education on all issues related to students
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field, reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Ensure that students follow the catalog guidelines daily
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc) as assigned based upon expertise or campus needs
- Perform other duties as required