We are seeking an experienced and successful Manager of Financial Accounting to join our growing team of professionals in Portland, Oregon. If you meet our background requirements and are looking to grow your career with a company that is progressive in their approach to people and business, this is the ideal opportunity for you!
- As the Manager of Financial Accounting you will be responsible for monthly business unit accounting and reporting. This position will manage 3-5 people in the accounting group and act as liaison with North American headquarters and business unit leadership. The Manager of Financial Accounting will provide information for financial planning and analysis and conduct a variety of special projects by request. Candidate must be self motivated with a proven ability to multi-task and meet tight project deadlines. Excellent planning and time management, attention to detail, and problem solving skills are required
Other responsibilities for the Manager, Financial Accounting position will include:
- Manage day-to-day manufacturing site accounting department activities including recruit, hire and develop staff, review transactions for proper accounting, and meet with operational management to provide accounting support as needed.
- Manage the month-end close process including general ledger close, journal entries, account reconciliations, inventory costing fixed asset accounting and revenue recognition,
- Responsible for the accuracy & completeness of the monthly accounting work performed by staff.
- Serve as leader on project implementation, including but not limited to documentation of internal controls and integration of all accounting and reporting functions associated with accounting guidelines and company policies and procedures.
- Prepare analysis and other tasks at management’s request.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s internal control framework and oversee test of controls at the mill level
- Provide recommendations to enhance efficiency and improve safeguards of company assets.
- Provide technical accounting expertise for the business unit. Research complex transactions and prepare documentation outlining issues and conclusions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Oracle accounting system.
- Act as primary contact for internal and external auditors in the performance of year-end and interim financial audits and reviews.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience, including staff management.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Experience in Oracle Financial systems desirable.
- Microsoft Office including strong Excel and other PC apps.
- Excellent communication effectiveness with accountants, operations and senior management.
EVRAZ North America offers competitive wages and excellent benefits. We also believe in developing our people both for growth within EVRAZ North America and within the EVRAZ group overall.
To learn more about pay and benefits, please apply today!
EVRAZ North America is a leading steel manufacturer built on the pedigree of successful steel companies – formerly known as Oregon...